Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking into some of the plugins made by Fallen Angel Olivia, and noticed she has a Sample Project containing all the plugins I want to use for my project: (https://fallenangelolivia.itch.io/octopack-battler-sample-project) Specifically, I just want to use Side Battle UI, Battle Effects, Order Turn Battle, and Victory Sequence. As of right now, the Sample Project is on sale and quite a bit cheaper than the entire pack of plugins, so I want to take advantage while I can.

However, I'm finding the description kind of confusing and am not sure how this works exactly.

This is a sample project that contains a plugin with the 8x OctoPack Battler plugins compiled together and a pre-built setup to let you create a game to get the battle system running right out of the box.
If I'm understanding this right, this is a game and not just a plugin? And the plugin itself is a single plugin that contains the function of all the listed plugins?

If you buy it, you can create a game on top of it, use the skills I've recreated, use the items, weapons, armors, states I've made, modify them if you want to your liking, or just even release a full game using the systems I've set up inside of it!

When it says "on top of," does this mean I have to use the included game as a base to make my own game, or can I simply use the plugin?

Mostly my main concern is, if I buy this, can I take the plugin by itself and add it to my existing game, and will this essentially serve the same purpose as buying the individual plugins and putting them in there instead? I don't want to buy the entire pack and then find out that it's incompatible with the game I've already built.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I remember correctly, there's a plugin that has all of it as well as all the individual scripts in case you only want specific features.

You can use the game as base and make a game on top of it no problems.

Warilized

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the look of it, the plugin mentioned is just like the usual plugin, not making it 1 huge plugin, that isn't realistic. So compiled together here means that all of the listed plugin are present in the game.

You can also create game on top of it, it means that it works as a template and it is modifiedable.
You can also copy and paste the plugin to your own project because of it.

I personally haven't bought said sample game. But i think it will be alright.
The plugin also might or might not compatible with plugin in your project

Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the look of it, the plugin mentioned is just like the usual plugin, not making it 1 huge plugin, that isn't realistic. So compiled together here means that all of the listed plugin are present in the game.

You can also create game on top of it, it means that it works as a template and it is modifiedable.
You can also copy and paste the plugin to your own project because of it.

I personally haven't bought said sample game. But i think it will be alright.
The plugin also might or might not compatible with plugin in your project
I'm still not sure if it's one plugin or many plugins, as going to the buy page shows the following included files:

Code:
Plugin file only (356 kB)
OctoPack Battler Sample Project (166 MB)
Olivia_OTB_Customize.js (3 kB)

It seems to imply that it has all been made into one plugin. But, either way, as long as I can just copy and paste the plugin to my own game without being required to use the sample project, it shouldn't present a huge issue. I'll give it a try tomorrow, unless anyone comes in here to tell me that it's wrong.

Warilized

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yes, it is 10 battle related plugin made into 1 big plugin. That's why Olivia stated to don't use the original plugin.
I think it's pretty okay to use it? Idk if the individual plugin can be disabled, you might need to edit it.
Just take my word with a grain of salt tho.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broskiman1