Not sure where to put this, but regarding the MZ steam page's promo: it's worse...?

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure where to put this, but regarding the MZ steam page's promo in comparison to MV: I feel like the trailer really gives off a way worse impression, and I feel like this could be trivially improved since I think it's almost 100% the music on the main trailer video. Sure, the MV trailer also has voice acting as a gem added on top, but that is also a little too cheesy maybe, so I can't say I miss that one.

I'm not sure how Asian audiences will react to trailer music, but I think most Western ones will consider like me MV's trailer music to have this epic, cinematic feel. And most importantly, the orchestral instrumentation is very fitting to what is displayed: while Anime in style, it's still mostly medieval tiles, and RPG is still traditionally most associated with high fantasy as a setting I would say, and this also seems to be what the RTP caters most to.

Compare this with the MZ trailer music: bland, generic, very forgettable uh, club music...? It honestly feels like what a 12 year old would feel sounds cool, and completely disconnected from what is presenting as if somebody just picked "vaguely modern trailer music" with little regard for the product. And I'm really sorry if this was a thoughtful decision and/or there were legitimate reasons why this was maybe rushed, but I just feel like in this particular case, with the trailer music choice, the end result is very underwhelming and a little bewildering.

Summed up: I would really recommend you change the MZ promo music on the main steam trailer. Unless I am the only one whose first association is that it's... well... kinda trashy sounding :kaoswt:

Addition: and I only really post this out of love. I want new people to have a good first impression :kaoluv:

Last edited:

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Cause they marketed the thing as "more X and Y and fluffs than MV!" and so the track is a corporative loop on top of that list of things.
You can't play epic if you're just listing tech upgrades (and based on reviews, I'm correct when saying they did wrong doing so).

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
HI :kaohi: I apologize, but this wasn't meant to be yet another thread to bag on how many find MZ to be disappointing. (I don't, personally, just for the record, although I understand many users like you do and for relatable reasons.) So therefore, let's stick to the trailer music & presentation please and keep personal frustrations about what MZ did or didn't do out of it. Thanks :kaophew:

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please...
If you'll read carefully, is not a complaint about MZ, but a complaint about how they chosen to market it, and they didn't pick the music at random, but following such strategy ("MZ is MV beefed up!").

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see, I might have read more into it I suppose. In any case I'm not sure I agree (especially with that tech upgrades supposedly can't be presented as "epic"), and would love to see a less soulless music track with some epic and fantasy vibes swapped in. The shown artwork already fits that well enough, I don't think that would be a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vongolavxv