sebivomeis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Good day everyone,
on an attempt to create a train-like construction (moving a bunch of tiles looking like a train over the map together with the player) I stumbled across a curious thing: The "train"-tiles, made as events, are not moving at the same rhythm thus seemingly breaking apart the train (as could be seen in the picture; the original train as it should look is on the right side; the broken train is the one on the rails).
My only explanation is, that the events responsible are not run at the same rhythm, meaning that the events on the first tiles of the train are moving a tiny bit earlier than the latter parts of the train. Strangely enough, they all have the exact same event-codes, only the presenting picture/tile is different. I tried to play with the "Wait X frames" command for those tiles that apparently move too early, but that makes it even worse...

(Essentially I made this train by creating an event to trigger a switch by pressing an action button. This switch sets off all the different tiles of the train that are separate events themselves. Their events consist of only a forward movement (and a change of speed to simulate acceleration), however, all those events are exact copies of one another. Theoretically, they should move all at the same time and the same speed.
The player mentioned earlier is set to an opacity of 0, he should "disappear" inside the train, thus he's not visible on the screenshot. Also, the train itself is unfinished regarding the tiles; it seemed useless to me to continue adding parts of the train if they are ripped apart even further.)

Attachments

• Screenshot (213).png
    Screenshot (213).png
    78.9 KB · Views: 9

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't be fixated on thinking you have to use it as tiles. Use graphic editor and turn it into one big character sprite.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your problem is most likely in the event settings for movement - it can be done correctly, but it depends on how your movement works.
show a screenshot of your event page (including all event properties) and we can tell you where you went wrong (most likely in frequency, but there are other possibilities)

sebivomeis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thanks for the quick answer!
I didn't know that was even possible :)
However, how do you create such a massive (4 times 9) character sprite? I get how to make several small ones, but one big that can be presented in a single event?

sebivomeis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Here's the screeshot of one of the events (the upper right corner of the train). The others look exactly the same.
The first event-page is basically empty and is only used so that the tile already shows before the train-event is triggered.
The Wait 6 frames is used so that the train starts after the player has stepped inside.
The rest of the event consists of several more "Move Up" movements and a final "turn switch off".

Attachments

• Screenshot (215).png
    Screenshot (215).png
    109.7 KB · Views: 4

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sebivomeis as I suspected, the problem is the frequency that you set to low.
Frequency determines how often an event moves - on highest setting it moves every possibility, and onlower settings there will be randomly inserted pauses into the movement.
for keeping a smooth, equal movement and for coordinating event movement it needs to be set to highest frequency - and only after that you'll determine the speed as needed. Otherwise the random pauses will destroy all movement coordination.

sebivomeis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thanks, Andar, for your reply!

I tried to set the frequency to maximum, but it still didn't help much (although the movement does look a bit smoother, but maybe that's just my imagination).
Anyways, after a bit of experimenting, I figured out how this "big character graphic" thing from Kuro DCupu worked.... and it actually worked :)
Almost, at least, because the graphic never seemed to fit the rails... but I just moved the rail-tiles in the tileset until it worked.

Thanks to all of you guys, the problem had finally been solved!

(on the left in the picture is the new graphic; the right side is the train with all events on Highest Frequency....)

Attachments

• Screenshot (216).png
    Screenshot (216).png
    62.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodrick_3412