Notes on errors/bugs in SRMDude's Walk Battlers

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Akiyama, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Akiyama

Akiyama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    In case anyone else is using this plugin, they should probably know ahead of time what's possible and not possible.

For example, since it uses note tags and not plugin commands, you can't change the sprite it uses. It's set in stone, for Actors, enemies etc. This also means Transformation doesn't work as expected for enemies. It will transform the actual enemy data, but not the enemy sprite. Also side note: if you try, say, making it use a regular battler and then switch to a monster that uses the walking battle animation, it won't use the walking battle animation but will use whatever you chose as the default image for battle layout.

Again, I think this is all based on how it loads and displays the images. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the ability to specify a sleep and dead sprite for enemies using note tags did not work for me. It just used the regular battler, it did not change to the sleep or dead sprite at all. Since I'm not using this for characters, I don't know if it's just an issue with the enemies or it's across the board.

(I was testing that out, since I was going to see if I can maybe create a new state, hack in a function and note tag and hijack the way it changes the sprite on state change, but since it doesn't seem to work even on sleep, I decided not to put the time into hacking the javascript of the plugin)

Just a head's up for anyone else wanting to use it. It's a great plugin, but if you want to change sprites at any point, things can get tricky. So no monster transformations, no Cecil going from Dark Knight to Paladin.

If anyone knows of any work arounds, or anything like that, that would be awesome. I'm still tempted to go in and try to find a way to add plugin commands to the script itself, which would allow for changing battlers mid battle or at other points in the game.