In November? The busiest month of my entire year? Honestly, probably not much... but I want to at least get to the underwater parts of my game. I have a feeling if I don't do that before the end of the first half of the month, I'll have to wait until December.
I think I'll finally be done organizing resources this month, at which point I can focus on building the foundation for my first game.
I've decided to make a semi-prequel for the big game I had planned as my first game (so I'll make a smaller game first, using resources and lore that will be in the big game), and I'm going to write the outline for it this month.
Goals for November:
-Get Shipwrecked! into a state where you can play it from start to finish.
-Start adding sprites for the characters.
-Add all secret rooms
-Create the loot list and make sure it is logical, as in I'm not giving you 5 shoes and no armor in one area.
- Upload Version 2 of Journey Of The Scroll (yes, I FINALLY got that ready)
- Begin full throttle with ACT 1 of Crystal Captor's sequel and cutting the batches of lines I already have for it
- Open auditions and cast some people for ACT 1 so voices are ready when the events are
- Event more of ACT 1
I will then finish that bust I started and try again for spaceships.
Fix my anxieties and distress.
(Got another bedbug and many reasons to be anxious, starting by someone personifying my person here.)
November goals for Tabehoudai:
- get all the interior maps commissioned, done and integrated
- get sprite direction locked and a few first sprites done
- make the game playable again after revamping the message system and remapping all the interiors
- reach outside of the town in the main story.
Specification updated yet again, so my goals are to finish building out the new design and more seamlessly set up the start of the game. I did run into a partial issue with difficulty level implementation that required a plot design gimmick to accommodate, but otherwise the opening act is mostly unchanged.
This is also the first time I have ever had to design a presentation point around a music change so the development stretch material has been selected accordingly (and that means building the base from a Rickroll). However, I don't have any idea on what the final music selections will be this time.