November 2019 Goals and Progress Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, Nov 1, 2019.

1. bigcalsworld

bigcalsworld Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Back again after another few months of... nothing lol. No idea how long I'll last this time, but while I'm in the MOOD for game making, amma try and do as much as possible.

When I left off, I technically had a demo ready. I shared it with a few people, but didn't really get any feedback. Probs why I kinda stopped working on it for so long. So when I finally opened up RPG Maker VX Ace again a couple of days ago, I got to work playing through my game and any time I came across a problem, or found something I could improve, regardless of how small, I'd save the game and immediately add in the change. A couple of hours later and wow, the "demo" I had from a few months ago was so obsolete it wasn't even funny! Now I'm finally in a position to work on my next village, which I already had mapped out from months ago. So my plans for this month are:

Add in story for the next village
    Add in side quests for the village
    Finish mapping the next area which is just a road to the capital city, but plays into the main story and a side quest in the village.
    Map out a cave that plays into a side quest
    Finish setting up events for NPC's so some of them leave their houses in the morning (as I have them already set up to walk home at night time).

Technically all of that shouldn't take me the full month, but I'd rather not put together a massive list of stuff only to not get it all done and feel crappy about it haha.

Marquise* likes this.
  2. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I got one more portrait (mostly) done, I think I will work on another portrait next, that dragon sprite sheet took too long for me to want to go back to spriting just yet.
    upload_2019-11-3_14-15-20.png

Marquise* likes this.
  3. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Goals
    - More practice on Autotiles.
    - More practice on creating the moving characters in RTP style
    - Finish the last couple of maps I need.
    - More practice on lining
    - Make a decision on "hidden" bosses and design their battle sprites
    - Still trying to figure out how to work out the battle/class system as I'm terrible when it comes to that stuff
    - Write something for this month's NaNoWriMo (or however it's acronymed)

Completed Goals
    - Completed 80% of Transfer/Redo of the Riverlord Portion of beginning maps
    - Relaid out tilesets I'm using to add things from one tileset into another to make it easier to get what I need without heavy parallax.

xDRAGOONx and Marquise* like this.
  4. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Major change to my status in the community. I am joining the other creators in moving to a paid distribution model for my controller rumble plugin due to the fact that the community has been hit with so many theft incidents of recent incidence so the original links for that are now replaced with shop links (currently Gumroad and itch).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  5. somenick

somenick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My goal this month: Double click on RPG Maker icon and launch it. :D:guffaw::D

6. Icelord888

Icelord888 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Romanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    • Get 100 downloads on my game
    • Get 10 reviews in any format
    • Get 1 youtuber to make a video about it
    • Finish my studies and be free!
    • Sketch and plan for my next game project

Marquise* likes this.
  7. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well... it's been awhile posting here. I have a few things on my pipeline.

Current goals:
    - Get enough side-missions so the players can access the harder ones.
    - Polish up the UI.
    - Work on a new tool (Haven't decided yet).

Progress Report #1
    Immortal Sins:
    - Reworked the UI of the game. I still need to fix up a few things on it, but for the most part, it works quite well.
    [​IMG]

-Thinking of implementing a bit of a search function when using skills and items to an actor. Primarily to make healing members less of a hassle. Granted, the menu I use may make it easier already, but I think it would help the user a little more.

8. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice ui @AceOfAces_Mod :)

I was supposed to move on to the next portrait, but I couldn't live with the last ones chin. I had to fix it, lol.
    upload_2019-11-4_9-16-58.png

Marquise* likes this.
  9. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Change in plans for the month. I will be taking an indefinite break from my project due to a matter of protocol that I don't need to discuss outside of a per-case basis. Suffice to say that life happens and sometimes that means turning things over that relate to a specific provision, so by consequence I am doing just that until the matter blows over and I am free to reclaim my equipment again to resume my work.

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention that I at least managed to finish some presentation design updates in an early scene before turning in my computer system.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  10. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Overly Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Last night, worked on progress for the sequel to Crystal Captor. Added another map and cutscene. My next goal is to make a WiP thread and open voice acting auditions, have to do the former first so I have a thread to show people what the game is about and get them interested. I am very excited for this silly little game because it's going to be much longer and a little bit more ambitious, but still with that "so bad, it's good" charm, just not as purposely horrendous as the original, lol.

Marquise* and BreakerZero like this.
  11. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Weeeee There is a finished dog man. That is @Matseb2611 's character and he shares too ^^

Dalkas.png
    Perhaps I should get the line level back of Dalkas to have a thicker one but I like also crisp cuts ^^

Matseb2611, Lihinel and Tea's Jams like this.
  12. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finished my pages on Gumroad and itch for the Rumble plugin and switched everything over to the new listings. Unfortunately I had to expire all of the prior distributions because these are first-time listings but that's how it goes.

EDIT: Prior distributions have been restored after further consultation, and anything that states otherwise will not be enforced.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  13. Jrrkein

Jrrkein Insert Witty Title Here Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    - Plan to make a new Halloween theme project
    - Characters are done
    - Skills are not done yet
    - writers block..

Marquise* likes this.
  14. FleshToDust

FleshToDust Pixel Beginnings Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Saw a comment about 30 day goals and completely forgot about this. My goals don't seem to have time limits but as for what i've managed this past month...

Decided to strip out the rpg elements and go full on collectable card game. RPG's are bloated and time consuming enough as it is. I want to finish this sometime this century. You won't walk around in maps. I've only got 1 map actually and just 2 squares that you'll never see. Everything takes place in menus. True menu combat. Exciting! lol.

For this months goal though? Probably get some cards going and start on redoing the card battle system.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Weekly Update:
    -Tweaked cutscenes at the beginning of the game. Now there's actually sprites on all cutscenes up to the first boss, except for the intro.
    -Added an actual intro. It's 1st draft so needs work, but there's something there now. Also it's static still, which I need to fix.
    -Tweaked balance of the first boss.

Marquise* likes this.
  16. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New mechanic added to the presentation. While designing the music switch at the beginning of the main story after the tutorial scene, I decided on turning the control system into a more general-purpose assistant (comparable more to the variance from Halo rather than anything that Apple or Amazon could ever throw at you in terms of the availabile technical capacity).

Marquise* likes this.
  17. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Overly Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My brain feels a little stuck on writing out the rest of ACT 2 for my game. I have this act mentally planned out in my head; I know what is to happen, characters to introduce, if only I can get past this one part, lol. So I may do a little write-around trick, write some upcoming scenes and connect the dots.... let's see if it works lol. On the other hand, heard some good auditions for ACT 1's voice acting.

Marquise* likes this.
  18. Dr. Delibird

Dr. Delibird Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well I just recently got out of a massively long "funk" and have now been able to get back to my project just the other day, so my goals for this month will be smaller since I am starting nearly 2 weeks into the month now lol.

Primary goals:
    - Finish the starting area up to the first "town" (this is not taking into account art assets as I plan to use RTP until I have a good chunk of the actual game done and then I am going to start creating the art assets)
    - Create the basis for a boss re-battling system (just the bare bones requied for the system to work, no bells or whistles)
    - Start recording devlogs (I just think that they will be fun)

Goals I would like to achieve but am not expecting to:
    - Lay down some good groundwork for myself in regards to balancing to make future me dislike current me just a little bit less
    - Get at least the first chapter of the story written

19. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finally decided on my fast-travel system implementation using Moghunter plugins. Only unresolved issue with that is a problem with the actual transport which doesn't completely process for some reason, resulting in a literal BSOD on account of the preliminary transport menu design.

20. sousen

sousen Villager Member

First Language:
    EspaƱol
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    doing a fine start for my game. already have characters, baseline History and mithology but I need to do the "hard work" like mapping and stuff. I hope I can design my logo on 3D (I design n 3D) and then paint some characters (at least 2) n high resolution. maybe 2 gods.

sorry if my English isn't that good. aint my first language .

Marquise* likes this.