November 2019 Goals and Progress Thread!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Lined last of 3 char busts I needed to do ^^

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Half a month gone by, pretty sure I'll get the rest of the barn done before december.
Finished the Animal Status Window:
Still working on renaming and tool use on animals.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally decided on the structure of my special trials zone. Originally I was going to go with a menu structure, but I ended up changing it for plot reasons and simplicity into a multiple-zone hidden area, each one for a specific class of trials (currently I have plans to implement at least four types, wth a focus on concentration, combat, waypoint and "time attack" replay missions to get things started).

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Started the color on my last bust now ^^

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I worked a bit on my one map challenge yesterday. If all goes well, maybe, I can have that done this month. Maybe....

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to learn more about RPG Maker, become more confident, and complete my first small game this month. Although I am still just getting familiar with the basics at this point.
Unfortunately, it is looking less and less likely that this will come to pass. Here's to December, the true month where dreams become reality!

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Back again after another few months of... nothing lol. No idea how long I'll last this time, but while I'm in the MOOD for game making, amma try and do as much as possible.

When I left off, I technically had a demo ready. I shared it with a few people, but didn't really get any feedback. Probs why I kinda stopped working on it for so long. So when I finally opened up RPG Maker VX Ace again a couple of days ago, I got to work playing through my game and any time I came across a problem, or found something I could improve, regardless of how small, I'd save the game and immediately add in the change. A couple of hours later and wow, the "demo" I had from a few months ago was so obsolete it wasn't even funny! Now I'm finally in a position to work on my next village, which I already had mapped out from months ago. So my plans for this month are:

Add in story for the next village
Add in side quests for the village
Finish mapping the next area which is just a road to the capital city, but plays into the main story and a side quest in the village.
Map out a cave that plays into a side quest
Finish setting up events for NPC's so some of them leave their houses in the morning (as I have them already set up to walk home at night time).

Technically all of that shouldn't take me the full month, but I'd rather not put together a massive list of stuff only to not get it all done and feel crappy about it haha.
Oh boy, so much for "shouldn't take me the full month" lol. Though I guess technically that stuff would have been finished already IF it was all I needed to do. I ended up making so many more small changes and improvements throughout the game so far that it took me a couple of weeks to finally get started on what I was SUPPOSED to do this month! Also for some reason my brain has decided to work better this time around, as a lot of changes I made were to how certain events were set up. I looked at them and suddenly I realised how stupidly I had put them together originally, and how easily I could change them and make things more simple, which would allow for editing and adding stuff on to them in the future if needed FAR easier lol.

One of the main examples of this was my teleporting system. Its just a simple teleport skill that calls a common event, which shows options for where you want to teleport to. The original set up was a bunch of crazy conditional branches, seeing if certain switches were on or off etc. It was a mess to look at, and confusing as hell to add new teleport locations to. When I looked at it this month, my brain suddenly decided to remind me how useful variables are, and how I can use them here. So NOW the common event just has a conditional branch checking a single variable. If its set to 1, it only gives me the first teleport location option. Another branch checks to see if its set to 2, and if so, it has two options. And so on. So now when a new location is made available, I just add 1 to the variable. Simples. And now I no longer have a bunch of weird switches that are there for no other reason than to tell the game where abouts I am and which locations I have access to lol.

Anywho... still one or two small changes to make, mainly just adding some new bits of text here and there to make certain quest objectives more clear, and I can continue up with the stuff I originally planned to get done this month. I have already done half of the main story for this village, mapped out the road to capital city and the cave, so I just have to finish the story bit and the quest that goes along with it, then I can sort out all the other stuff like NPC's and creating the other houses and filling them.

Man, I haven't been THIS motivated with my game in a long, long time. Hope I can keep it up!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At a point now where my project could split into at least two versions, one for PC/console and the other for mobile/alternative platforms (with very specific differences to accommodate how the game functions on each platform. I may also be pulling away from stretch goal plans to offer an extended soundtrack option (blame the COPPA debate, and also some of the more obvious logistical concerns I could encounter along the way) although I will most likely be continuing with my frame/finalize strategy relative to sound design.

In addition I have once again shifted plans for the closing scenes. The tribal guide who kept you informed of each of your objectives straight to the end will really make a mess of the fourth wall, leaving you with a final, unexpected surprise regarding exactly who she is just as she prepares to work some kind of unconventional mojo to protect you and your associates from some previously-unknown consequences of your victory. This in turn will lead into a literal "Christmas morning surprise" for the big reveal of how the two central figures in the plot have ultimately come together as one (and which is part of the common knowledge from immediately after the opening credits in the updated design).

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Finished the barn:
(more or less, still some placeholder functionalities that need other features to work 100%)

Now I either work on the crafting/cooking or continue with the battle system for the rest of the month and december.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Got myself to do two act of bravery for a net nervous person who kinda gets anxieties on internet.

Also restarted on my lettership project and made outline of front spaceship. This one will not be free for public and I will continue to release the voyelships free.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow. So. It's the 24th and I pretty much forgot about...everything. I've decided maybe to try and make some music that is just for the sake of music. I've been making straight-up game music for years now and kinda let lay on the side that...oh yeah. I used to make full symphonic scores for performance and working my theory muscles. So...instead of getting caught up in ideas of "does this loop well" and "does this distract from game play. Just...y'know. Make music?

There's certainly nothing to listen to yet.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Expanding on my rewrite of the "home shift" I have decided to mix it in with material that shows up later on during a primary objective and implement a crossover back to the point of origination that becomes available once enough progress has been made in the overall plot arc.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So end of the month update.

Game wise I managed:
Finished updating a lot of the prologue chapter quests (I changed Chapter 1 to Prologue as it plays more like an introduction to the main characters anyway), polished most of Althea's quest chain but haven't finished Koi's yet. I've also decided to shorten Koi's quest chain as well. Decided to do away with the info dump in Althea's Dream and made it more related to the character's issue.
Created a text opening for the backstory of the world, and a logo/start screen image (which is frakened from RTP as backgrounds are not my strong suit).
Readjusted text placement in the game and did a butt ton of tutorial text for the Prologues. Decided to go with a bit of info dump during all that and less as the game progresses.
Transferred over the Lantern and Teleport events from Riverlord and polished both up a little.
Evented the Save+Heal spot but debating on modifying this to allow the player to choose how the game's saving system works (or a portion of a difficulty setting).
Updated sprites for several characters and made some for ones that didn't have them.
Updated most of the maps (Koi's hometown actually has a river going through it now), and added a few that needed to be there. Modified the star sparkles to have more colors.
Started playing around with a time plugin (perhaps a little too much time spent on this but didn't want NPCs to just vanish at a certain hour).

Non Game wise:
I decided to shift to posting any monsters I do during the week up on Mondays (Monster Monday, har de har har).
Also started updating my art thread again but that will probably be sporadic as most of my art has been game related lately.
Wrote 4 chapters (about 15k words) on SfAL. Not sure if I like the last two chapters and may end up rewriting those but at least it was something for NaNoWriMo.

Well, looking at this now, I got a lot more done then I thought.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Major progress update going toward final days of the month. First and foremost is that I have finally decided on my interface for the transport skill which is now feature complete (as in no more checkpoint reliance, so it now behaves more like it's supposed to in more recent parlance where the destinations are determined as you travel the world on your mission to do whatever is required to save us all). Following on that I have finalized the hidden, final section of the last dungeon which ends in kicking the demonic ass of the real, inner identity of the big bad, destroying the literal brain of the operation and releasing the inheritance lock on the integrity core so you can guide the metaphysic structure to what's next... assuming that you can get out of the building in one piece, of course. (I mean... like, come on man. Did you even think for a minute that saving the world is gonna be that easy?)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I haven't done much on Shipwrecked because...I entered a game jam. We had 24 hours to make the entire game, RTP only, no scripts. If you wish to see my creation here it is:

https://bgillisp.itch.io/66-seconds-to-save-the-world

I may post an official page with it once the judging is over, but for now I need to catch up on sleep.

CynicSyndrome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe I have fixed almost every bug from my music player and playlist editor, but I'm worried if you happen to be editing your playlist at the exact moment the next song is being loaded, or if you changed the contents of the track# which is currently playing, you may get an unintended effect. This is not likely to be a game breaking effect but its possible. I was hoping to be done with this by the end of this month. Should I simply prevent editing while playing? or spend more time preventing any problematic scenarios? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back working on my main project....

So I FINALLY cast the voices for new characters that appear in my sequel, and already 11 out of 12 confirmed their roles! So I sent script out to them. Also one of my reprising actors has sent in lines for her character, so happy about that~ Voice work is running smoothly, it seems.

Now I gotta finish writing all of ACT 2's cutscenes and I am done lol.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Last day of the month and last update from me.
Was working on the battle system and decided to create some sprites to display stats (left) and elements (right):

The elements pretty much correspond to those of Pkmn.
The stats are associated with skill effects.
(Starting with the grey one, in clockwise order:
Specialization, Invocation, Conjuration, Destruction, Deterioration, Domination, Interruption, Nullification, Transmutation, Restoration, Augmentation, Protection.)

Edit:
This is more or less how it should look when its done:

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Inb4 December thread starts.
I finished making 90/200 cards(no art yet) and am now working on implementing them in menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85