November 2019 Goals and Progress Thread!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Will keep a look out for your game. Not enough card games in the world.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay so for my final progress update of the month....

I e-mailed all of my voice actors, both new and reprising, their scripts for ACT 1, and I had two reprisers confirm for ACT 2, as well as one new character confirm for ACT 2. I am super excited. Hopefully next month, I can open auditions for ACT 2. As for the game itself, I have almost finished the first quest, just need to get to the cutscene after you finish it and continue from there.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
End of month update for the rewrite/rebranding:
  • Implementation of a digital assistant NPC that downloads into the lead character's mobility uplink device. I settled on a cross between the Alexa system from Amazon and Cortana from Halo in terms of design.
  • Completely redid the tutorial segment. It now occurs during the flashback sequence prior to the start of the actual storyline.
  • Complete rewrite of the opening chapter. Instead of an evening presentation gone wrong it is now a material analysis job gone wrong, kind of like in the first Half-Life.
  • Started to implement difficulty selection.
  • Started updating enemy balance and completion rewards. Cash/XP accumulation is half of the database definition (which is calculated with plugins) to cut down on editing time and the escape chance calculation is nerfed severely from the default to accommodate the actual enemy/crew agility split.
  • Implemented midpoint connections to access zones. Beating the pants off a midpoint boss or solving a puzzle in certain locations will open a portal that leads back to the dungeon entrance (and vice versa).
  • Decided that my writing style will have a slight edge to it. I already have the "d word" in there but for extra punch I ended up throwing in some liberal use of the "s word" and "a word". I don't intend to be that extreme with it, of course - the closest thing I have to a culture-specific insult is the "b word" (and that's only for character design reasons), otherwise there's no "f bombs" or "n word" references to be had with this.
  • Finally settled on the interface for my transport skill implementation, and programmed an evac skill to go with it.
  • Metastone item added for quick return to the dungeon entrance if all else fails.
  • Various fixes and improvements.
As a side note I was originally planning on being done with the game by now, however with the creative shift and other changes beyond the original scope of the project things are probably going to take longer than anticipated.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I was at the bug out place from Wednesday to Sunday so... I finished some spaceship lineout before fleeing extermination with kitties just on time for someone's B-day. ^^

That would be all! XD
Congrats everyone.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i retook it after a forced break due to some commisioned art but i managed to:
  • Implemment a vision cone based sneaking system to Alpha ABS (still testing tho)
  • Made 2 boss sprites with their corresponding animation sheets
  • Finished one of the main questlines (which needed the spriting of said bosses)
Now i need to finish the first stage/tutorial/quest and start spriting new enemies... this will take time :kaoswt2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My smaller game will revolve around a single character who recruits monsters for the main story quest. Like me, he will have no social life and be hesitant to go outside. Heheh.
Waah!!
I finally got the outline for Mocha Gaze... so happy.
I hope I can get around to writing it this weekend. We'll see...
I spent the whole day creating and finishing around 12 skills and fixing 2 others... and 3 of them are still buggy... *sigh* only like 20 more skills to go!
I don't know why you should be reading this, but I doubt you're going to find anything useful here.
so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoss84