Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 ​
 ​
We're nearing the end of the year - a time to finish strong, despite the distractions of holidays and all.
 ​
What do you plan on accomplishing over the next couple of months to finish out 2015? Let us know what you wish to do and how it's going!

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm...November goal

-Do some light touch ups on Chapters 2 and 3 to get them up to release quality. This means filling in the decorations with items to search for, add the side chatter and interactions with the party members, fix it so the side and main quests show in the quest journal, and fill in the NPC's.

-Draw the rest of the Chapter 5 maps.

And yes, if you cannot tell, I always do the main plot maps/events first, then I go back and do all side stuff later. This means my plot is always 1 - 2 Chapters ahead of the side quest work.

I'm going to leave it at just that too. I'm debating doing something different this month and if I do RPGMaker time will take a serious nosedive til early or mid December, so best to keep my goal at something that could be done quickly and in small spurts.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goal is to have built my game as far as the first boss :)

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay my turn !

Since I release the XP to MV converter (yipee), I can now work on my game, MV version. So my single goal is :

- Port the game until mission 1, including all mechanics.

That should be more than enough already ^^

TheOriginalFive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Going to map interiors like apartments, with placeholder furniture and inactive events for extra props. Until I figure out parallaxing,

Mettool

Weenie Hut Jr.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My goal for November is to decide on one of two possible storylines for my next project.

Yesterday, I started drafting graphics and autotiles for it. So I'm taking this idea and seeing where it goes.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going for something a bit different this month. Of course I'll be doing music because that's what I do.
But for the longest time I've been thinking that my drawing and painting skills might be able to translate into making tiles.

I can already do simple edits so my main goal this month is to take a crack at some heavier edits. I don't know! Let's see what happens this month!

Other things I'd like to do is start arranging some more tilesets for the maps I fancy getting started soon.
Been really picking my brain about doing a lot more database stuff, too. 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mettool - Those graphics are adorable!

@ms LIttlefish - Can't wait to see what you come up with!

My goals:

- I've been hired to continue work on Convergence (mapping). My goal is to get Episode 1 & 2 done by the end of the month.

- I want to touch up Donut Daze, the game I made for good/evil competition and get it online. :p

- Doing some work for an Extra Life team.

- Hope to get some good work on the Kirk Logan series started. But man, what a month.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My goals, dedicate myself to reworking my IGMC 2015 game; make some more battlers/resources.

edit-Play donut daze after mlogan touches it up.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(Goals carry over from the previous month)

Progress Report #1

-Started working on my own anti-debug. It's basic (and compared to other solutions, it's spartan in design), but it works and when the user launches the game directly from a shortcut, it will launch a bootstrap program (which has a simple splash screen) which launches the game with the appropriate command line argument.

-Preparing a project recruitment thread. Still deciding what personel is needed. I might add an musician, but I'll need him/her for a few songs to be added on Disc 1 (which is almost complete) and call her to do his/her duty when Disc 2 is almost ready. I may need a scripter to help me with the localisation scripts that I use but are disabled.

-Fixed a bug on the installer, where it registered the fonts used by the game to the system. This resulted the uninstaller popping a warning message that it would modify the system (because fonts) if they continued. Took a long time to figure it out.

-Almost done with the Auto-Backup system (the launcher's feature that backed up the save files before starting up the game to a folder of the user's choice). Needs some tweaking, however since the bootstrap is a separate program, it cannot use it.I'll have it fixed once I figure out how to launch the launcher with command line arguments.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Goals for the rest of 2015:

1. Not die from school work.
  2. Starting today: Get some of my ideas down on paper, and get the first draft of my story done while waiting for an edit request to be filled. That's a major step forward for me, and I think I've been holding back on aspects of my game because of it.
  3. Get a workable Alpha of the first little bit of my game for me and a few of my friends to test, just to see the reponse to it
Good luck to everyone!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hullo back everyone!

@Mlogan

Ever made a calendar? This November seems wonderful!

And... Today another voting day so that is my first goal :p Maybe also my second is to post all the likes I couldn't post last time to the things I thought deserved likes since my likes reserve was down.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marquise - If you mean make a calendar to plan out what work I'm going to do, no I don't really do that. But I do try to set general goals each week to work through, so that I have a vague idea of what to try to accomplish.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I missed at least 3 months of these threads and now I'm back start to be active again, specially that MV is here.

So, here are now my goals for this month:

• Wait for any CTB plugins.
  • Finish all eventing and cutscenes until the end of the 3rd boss fight.
  • Release many plugins for you guys (User Recovery Power, Drain Passive Rate, MP Shield).
  • Fix reported bugs on my released plugins.
My progress so far for today:

• Released "Autolife" state plugin (see my sig).
  • Finished making most action sequences for skills.

MagicMagor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Sounds like a good idea. So here are my goals till the end of 2015:

• Get enough of my game done to have a playable prototype
  • Finish 25 - 33% percent of the overworld-maps.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Mlogan.

Nope one with one picture a month you could pin on the wall and or sell to multiple peoples so they can pin on their wall! :D

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, you're talking about the picture at the top! Lol

Thank you I appreciate that, as usually I just use already made graphics I find online, but I did that one completely by myself using Gimp brushes.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I usually don't post in this thread, although I'm not sure why.

My Goals:

-Help with the Extra Life team, even if in a small way.

- I am so close to getting this demo out, and I think this month and into early December would be a great time to get it out! Right now there is about 20 minutes of gameplay done, but I'd like to ramp it up to an hour. I have about 3 more events(read cutscenes) I'd like to polish and create and then it would be good to go demo-wise.

- Finish some of the tiles I have been making. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokemaker