bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Jeneeus Guruman: I wondered why it looked so familiar :)

@TheGreateater: That sounds like a lot of choices. Hope the making goes well.

@Schlangan: Level 46 is the point when the character should learn every skill that that individual character can learn. However, since everyone is of 1 of 8 elements, they can only learn the skills of their element (so no Fire Mages learning how to cast Iceball, or Life Mages learning how to cast Drain Health). Though, since I am aiming for the game to be beaten with a level 27 - 32 party I really hope no one feels the need to grind to level 46 to beat it. But, I'll leave that option in in case someone wishes to do that.

@Vox Novus: It was always implemented, just not well. Now it has more logic behind it.

11.12 Update: 4 more skill sets implemented. That leaves 1 left, plus making sure I didn't break any states. Also set up the starting characters new skills. What I did was I computed how much JP they would have at the point they would join the party, then 'bought' the skills I wanted them to have, and used a script call to set them up with any that was left. All of the first 4 ended up with 0 left, and the 5th has 150 JP left over.

Hoping to wrap up the last skill set tomorrow, so I can return to eventing and mapping, still got a Necromancer town to event after all.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Got NBA face results! Doing more faces on animator's light table YEAH! (totally blew my style in one I hate but seems the person liked it because it was the needed style. :p Ah well, you know what with animators? If Hanna Barbera ask you to draw Hanna Barbara you draw Hanna Barbara, if Looney Tune ask you to draw Looney Tune you draw Looney Tune, if Disney ask you to draw Disney you draw Disney.)

Got in my android undersuit playing laser quest. Been a year I didn't slipped in my full body under layer. Have a foot slightly returning to normal now and a leg ache! XD And probably 2 or 3 pounds less. I should go there more often ;) Wishing to meet the character back soon! (Yes P2 is that character in my avatar square ;) ) Fixing the suit now.

(Oh and maybe mommy cat cremains returns home tomorrow!)

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vox Novus : Nah for now I'm quite slow. In one month I'll get a three weeks vacation. I'll be able to finally get serious :D

@Jeneeus Guruman : I can't wait to be at the point The Death itself appears in my game. She (yes it's a girl) has a badass double scythe :D

@bgillisp : Well if you give me a game with levels, I will allway try to reach the max level if possible. Of course, that won't work with my own game x)

@Marquise* : Isn't it hard to switch styles for animations ?

My update :

I was more tired than I expected yesterday, went to bed at 10pm, so I only finished the 2nd basement and the library of the base. I'm still waiting for the last release of Terrax's lighting system, so that will be enough for the base. Tonight will mark the new mission scripting, and probably some spriting. Maybe the beginning of Mission 1 too, who knows.

Oh, I also got the hang of putting different screens in this topic and the GMD topic for MV. Let's try to not be redundant :D

A little screen of the 2nd basement:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Blender keeps on freezing. Going to update it, and I'm learning Baking. It's so fun so far ^_^.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Schlangan

It is like acting... Just on paper! ;) But true we have to let fall off the EGO.

@TheGreatEater

I wonder if it has to do with your handle but Blender, freezing and baking... Well lets hope both user and utensils gets on cooking better together!

Well still on hand drawing for someone's game, but I will do all phases I did with last try (well it might means getting back something like an animathitis again).

Two men from the crematorium just got handling me the cremains of Mommy cat today. When I opened the box... Oh dear, I didn't figured out they would had gone as far as getting her with two certificates, a nice coffin like screwed box that might maybe be oaks (will search on the internet) that has to be unscrewed under to get to the little bag with a golden ribbon on it and real nice perfume. Strange the bag of her cremains was not larger in content as one of her own newborn kitty when they were born on me. Strange! I putted her back in so it'll leave me time to find the right no baking self hardening clay I need to bury/mix her in her likeness sculpture!

(Maybe I will get a kitty as a Christmas gift to Daughter cat soon. Poor nice lone one now!)

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Marquise*, If it makes you feel less awkward I was eating while writing that. A delicious Pizza Hut Pizza with Bacon, Sausage, and beef, with mushrooms and olives. And a side of Honey BBQ boneless wings. 

Downloaded the newest version, no longer run into freezing problems. And baking textures looks amazing detail wise. I just need to do it on a lower poly model to save memory space. Still, looking pretty good. Especially as a displacement map. 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise: NBA face results? Not sure what you mean by that, as in the US NBA is a basketball league. Basketball players?

@schlangan: Well, it would take you a while, as I will let players go to level 99 if they wish, but since I'm only aiming for level 27 - 32 in the main story, you'd have to grind a loooooong time. Though, on the plus side, I do have it set up that if everyone in the party is level 99, all random encounters stop (except for plot specific ones).

@TheGreateater: What you baking for us? :)

11.13 Update: Last skill set is in the game! Still have to fix my remove all states skill (as there are a few of the new ones it is missing), and port over a script, but things are almost done on that side. Also set up starting skills for the first 7 actors now. Still on the fence on one actor's magic, but going to make that final decision after  replay of Chapter 1 to make sure it all makes sense so far.

Plan is to now replay Chapter 1, and set all monster skills. This will mean redoing some of my AI patterns, and making a few enemy only skills, but should not take too long (I hope).

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
NDA... gah! I am not to type about THAT task until game release!

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Bgillisp,  

Pi Pie [found that on the internet. Looks pretty tasty doesn't it?]. 

Seriously though. I baked UV Maps, Occular Inclusion Maps, Normal Maps,  and then I tossed the best looking ones into my character. Both for displacement and for the character herself. Gave her some really nice skin texture.

Might get RPGMaker MV next month. 

Does anyone know if it can create fighting games like IG Maker or not? Or if there's someone making a script for that?

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I completely forgot to post an update yesterday. I'm sure I looked it here but I really forgo o post. :rswt:

@Schlangan: That's a pretty cool character. Mine just a very young girl, around 14 or 15 at least. The reason of her bringing scythes as a weapon will be revealed later. :D

As for my progress for both these past 2 days:

• I only pretty much populate monsters in the forest and almost completed.
  • Added Yanfly's JP to be used for his Learn Skill plugin tomorrow.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I got one square foot back in my lab, got back some of my tools in place, found back old Metropolis poster drafts from when I studied in graphic art for what seems eons ago, found back my mime gloves and art gloves and... BUSKING MAKE-UP.

Will get back to my faces and busts for that NDA now!

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not much to say to anyone this time, so, uh, congrats on your progress, or finding the pie x)

My update:

Meanwhile as expected I'm now done with the mission scripting. I made a few changes compared to my version of RMXP:

- Perfectionists will be able to see if they have beaten all enemies of a mission or not. A mission can be "accomplished", meaning the boss is beaten, or "terminated" if all enemies are vanquished. It only applies to secondary missions though, since primary missions disappear from the mission computer once the boss is beaten.

- It won't be possible anymore to select the party members from the mission screen, as the "everyone is teleported in the party" was a bit strange for missions within the base. Instead, all characters out of the party will be in their respective rooms. It will also be possible to drop some characters in their rooms.

- It won't be possible to come back to the base during a primary mission. So, be careful to save before starting one.

- Finally, I added a mission log that tells you your current objectives and what you already accomplished for the mission.

Mission computer screen, it checks the party members for primary missions :

Current mission screen, with progress :

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise: Awww...so you're not making a basketball game in RPGMaker? :)

@TheGreatEater: Hmmm....afraid it has no flavor when I try to eat it.

@Jeneus Guruman: I like those plug-ins. I hope the new MV ones work as well as the ACE ones.

@Schlangan: Can you save in missions?

11.14 Update: Finished the playthrough, fixed the bugs in the new skill system. Overall I'm liking the new system, though I have to remind myself that now AOE spells are really rare, so no more mobs of 7 - 8 enemies. Managed to get the playthrough up to the point where I need to draw a map for a sequence I've been putting off, as it's an advanced sequence (so far I've just told it, not let you play it). Going to add that in next.

Plan is to now paper draw up the map for the sequence. Hope to have it implemented in by this weekend, so I can then transition the party to the swap outside the Necromancer town, then the town. At least soon I'll have all my maps that need changing done, then I'll just need to event things for a while.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Schlangan

Planet Tiutoryol? Is that some alien way to spell Tutorial? :p

@Bgillisp

Worst part is that I once worked on rolling and bouncing balls.... the basket one was part of it. :p

I at least finished straight in front, 3/4 profile and side faces. Might start to scan them today or do their busts (Maybe anim them a bit :p )

I spooked myself with them yesterday as I didn't remembered they were still on my workspace (you got to like simples joys of life such as FLAT workspace finally). I was looked at by strange spooky faces. O.0 I didn't remembered I was able to do spooky faces.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress Report #7

Launcher:

Finished with the Auto-Backup system. Had to write a copy directory algorithm since C# does not have a Directory.Copy(string, string, true/false) command for some reason.Now to port the check for save files, import and export saves algorithms to C#.

Game:

Still investigating that plot hole, while I write some dialog for character development at some areas. I have trouble setting up a tutorial for a few things however. Also, I'm cleaning up the stack (I might be porting a few things from Firehawk ADK engine stack. I wanted to port the battle engine, but there are issues when the characters change clothes).

Misc:

Finished with Firehawk ADK engine stack. I might upload a video for demonstration of the battle engine. Also, debuging RMVXA games is a lot less annoying since the games go 60 FPS during gameplay.

EDIT: Here's a sneak peek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp : Yes you can save. At the start you won't risk of being stuck in primary missions. But later on, when you'll start fighting your own characters, it might be problematic if the player is stuck against a boss. That's why I advise to save in a different slot before a mission. I should probably try to create an autosave before primary missions too, just in case.

@Marquise* : That's exactly the joke of the first mission. You go on planet Tiutoryol (Tutorial) to fight the bandit Treh Ning (Training). In French it was Thutauryal (Tutorial prnounced in french) with the bad guy being Han Trene Mans (Entraînement).

@AceOfAces_Mod : CHanging clothes. I know that, my characters will be doing that too :D

My update :

I spend a while studying Yanfly's Action Sequences. Then, I created the battleback associated to the training room. As before, the battlebacks will be created from the tileset, as I cannot do nice battlebacks like the one by default.

Later, I used the generator to create the three bandits enemies for the first mission. And I passed a lot of time to create the side view battler of Soldier #1. I don't like the weapon system used in MV, so I decided to remove them and draw the weapons directly on the battler. For me it is more logical for the characters to hold their weapons all the time during the fight.

Here is a screenshot of an hypothetical fight against bandits in the training room. It won't happen in the game, but it was for testing purposes anyway :D

And here comes the battler of Soldier #1. You will note some empty spaces, as I don't need them for now. While he uses the missile default animation, I made sure that one skill use the dual guns, replacing the thrust motion. Thanks to Yanfly's aciton sequences to allow me to use that during the skill cast :D

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
@Bgillisp: So far, the plugins worked almost exactly as the Ace version, even the notetags. I think I'm having fun making games again. :D

As or my progress, since Learn Skill plugin is now available, I have now more progress: :D

• As I have said, I added Learn Skill, and also fixed some bugs in relation with my self-made plugins.
  • Monsters on the forest is now almost done populating. Only a few parts and a boss left.
  • Redone some skill action sequences and the way they learned.
  • Repositioning the lute weapon sprite because it wasn't match and placed in the wielder's hands.
  • Bow skills requires and consumes arrows, thanks to Yanfly's updated Skill Core.

Tome571

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Converting to MV, custom maps and tilesets, finish an intro cutscene, Get the drafts back for the title screen, and get commissions lined up for custom main characters.

That should put me at the end of the year with a demo that just needs more testers and feedback. New year, I'll start the final half of the project.

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Bgillisp, Congrats on doing your playthrough. Sounds like things are going well for your game.

Progress Report:

I'm making good progress in baking maps, and learning how to unwrap things. I think I'm about 2/3rds done with my first model (finally) and I'm actually a little excited with how much I've been learning lately. Found out skin texture is actually done in the displacement map side of things, so I'm going to be making a custom displacement one merging leather texture with some pores added in, then desaturate it. RPGMix that with an Ambient Occlusion Map of the body. Then I should have a rather nice skin texture.  

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise: Well, if you want a real challenge, just try to do a full NBA game in RPGMaker. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

@Aceofacesmod: Still having trouble with the plot hole? Have you tried rewriting the sections to see if you can work around it? That's what I did with mine, so wondering if it might work for you too.

@Schlangan: Ah, and here I thought you were making them ironman the missions. Though maybe that'd be an idea for an optional difficulty setting?

@Jenesus Guruman: They seem to work mostly the same from my experience, though I had to do some work to turn off G being used on skill learn. Glad they are working well for you!

@Thegreateater: Thanks. Though I have to admit I'm probably going to dream Chapter 1 by the time I'm done with this game.

11.15 Update: Went looking at trees today. Basically, looked at all the tree tiles I could find, and ended up staying with the RTP tree because all I found where 1: Off center (collision detection was spotty, as in if I used x there was a huge gap between the tree and the player on the map, and if I used star it looked like you could walk behind the tree), or 2: Those I could shift to fix the first problem could not be put side by side as now the colors and shading were off. So it was either make a map where the player would see spaces it looked like they could walk, but couldn't, or have a really sparse forest as I would be unable to do more than 1 tree at a time, with gaps between them.

And now I think I know why so many stick with the RTP tree...it's already set up to line up perfectly on the map without these issues.

Anyways...got the forest map paper drawn up on paper, and drew about 33% of it in the editor. Would have done more but it is getting late and time for me to leaf.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SenTony