Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jeneeus Guruman : I hope we can easily buy arrows in your game. Or else, it will be quite problematic :D

@Tome571 : Good luck ffor thee goals then.

@TheGreatEater : Weren't you satisfied with your skin texture before ?

@bgillisp : Some missions may be quite long, so it is better to be able to save within a mission ^^ As for your trees, it depends on what you need. In XP I was using RTPs because they were nice. In MV I will definitely remake my own trees because I don't like trees starting from the VX generation :D

My update :

A bit of scripting this time. I did my skill window and added the critical ratio of the skills. I'll probably also change the skill elements; for now it is only one, but I'll need multi elemental skills later on. Here comes a screenshot of the skill window:

I started the icons of the skills, only did five for now, and I wrote the complete list of elements, quite a few :D

Physical, Energy, Earth, Sand, Rock, Water, Ice, Acid, Wind, Void, Fire, Lava, Light, Heal, Lightning, Darkness, Poison, Cursed, Death, Time, Nothingness, Space, Creation, Destruction, Gravity, Wood, Blood, Metal

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Schlangan, I was and am [going to be using that on top of other stuff]. But I always try to better myself and my work. So if I find ways to improve my art and make it better. Then I'm going to be doing that ^_^. 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Schlangan: What, you aren't going for the X-Com style of 45 - 60 minute missions with no saves? :) .

11.16 Update: Finished the forest map, and transitioned the final scene of Chapter 1 to take place there (before hand it was just a generic forest map). Now I just need to event the map, and draw a (small) cave that the party uses to at the start of Chapter 2. From there, the game transitions to the world map, where the party can go to the swamp map/Necromantic town that's in progress.

Slowly but surely its getting there...

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
@Schlangan: The arrows themselves are sold in shop through quivers which contains 50 arrows each. The problem is the money because in my game, the money is limited and can only be obtained in quests, treasure chests, and somewhere on the ground.

And progress:

• Fixing some visual bugs in my Equip Command plugin.
  • Redone some enemies in the forest on where to spawn and what enemies will spawn.
  • Had playthrough in my game and didn't finish it because bugs. :rswt:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGreatEater : Just be careful to not always look for improvement, or you won't ever use what you did :)

@bgillisp : Good that things progress. I'm always slowly progressing, and it's by far better than nothing :D

@Jeneeus Guruman : Bugs. Even in forests they are somewhat annoying, in game mechanics it's even worse ^^

My update :

Only a few things, I worked on Soldier #4's battle sprite and I finished Schlangan's charset:

I also started working on a new tileset, for the beach of planet Tiutoryol. Here is the first WIP map :

The green switch will be replaced, and I'll add some decorations to the map tonight. (rocks, algae, etc.)

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Schlangan, good advice ^_^. I'm probably going to stop with this latest improvement XD. 

I have no idea why the Cleft of Venus is so hard to create in Blender but it's a pain to create. 

lycheeDELETED

no longer around here, sorry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Celianna, Nice work! Kudos.

Quick Progress Report #4?

Finally fixed that plot hole. Continuing the story writing...

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
@Schlangan: Yeah. Even now when I playthrough my game, bugs are still popping up. :( But these are now completely different bugs.

@Celianna: Very nice art as always. :D I think I feel something familiar when I see that portrait the 1st time.

As for my progress, I pretty much fixed way too many bugs again and most of them are errors. And that's the only thing I've done today, unfortunately and I feel there are still some hidden bugs around to be fixed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Jenesus Guruman: Custom script for spawning I assume?

@Schlangan: Agreed, even though I have some days where I look at what I got done and I go "That's it?"

@Celiana: Nice!

@Lychee: Good luck with that.

@Aceofaces_mod: Congrats on sending that plot hole into the great beyond!

11.17 Update: Did a little script tweaking, added a couple little things so a few of my skills work as intended. Also fixed it so that all states are now properly added when skills are used (a few skills in my redo were blank on the state adds yet just because I ran out of time). That was all I had time for today though.

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Finally got a 85% realistic Cleft of Venus shaped, a realistic clitoris and the lower parts all where they need to go. Unwrapped everything [skin, nipples, lower parts, [and the most versatile three body parts color wise] nails, lips, and eye lids [which'll each have their own unique texture]. And made base textures for each of them. 

Tomorrow I go about making make up for the last three [finger nail polish, eye shadow, and lipstick]. Apply my displacement maps, and apply textures. Which oddly enough is the easiest bit of all of this. After that it's making the eyes. Then playing barber. Which I learned is hard to do ... a part of me was thinking of just going planes, or polygons. But I never really liked how those look in video games a majority of the time. So barber it'll be. 

Current Goal. Finally getting a body done by the end of the week. Or at least a majority finished.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna : Nice portraits. Some of the shadows around the neck of the female characters seem a bit strange though, especially the white collar. I don't know exactly why, but it seems off. It is maybe only my perception that is off though :D

@lychee : Good luck for your menu.

@AceOfAces_Mod : Nice. it took you a while to solve that plothole :)

@Jeneeus Guruman : Good luck on your bug hunt. I'll do the same once I'm done with the first mission.

@bgillisp : Ah, states. I still have to script the difference between positive, negative and afflicted states. Since afflictions must not be healed when using party recovery :D

@TheGreatEater : I was wondering for a while, but do you really need that much detail for the lower body ? Won't your characters have clothes later on ? It would make all this effort more or less pointless.

My update :

I created a part of the B tiles for the beach of planet Tiutoryol, giving this new screenshot of the first map :

I added two more maps and the mechanics for the camping and teleport beacons. I also put the first enemy wandering in the third map, and wrote a code to make him chase the character with new move types. As usual, you can flee, and the enemy will randomly wander around for some seconds, giving you enough time to escape. I need to tweak the escape formula though.

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm beginning to think that my only goal this month is to play so much Fallout 4 that I get sick of it and start working on games again...

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it too late to post my goal here, since Nov is like 2/3 over?
I was busy preparing for a Kickstarter campaign for Wanda, plus Haru (artist) is having her finals. So I haven't worked on it for like 3 weeks.

Here is my goal for the rest of November

-Get the Skycities maps, scenes and puzzle done! (after that, the game is like 75% finished :) )

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Schlangan: Well there is a sex mechanic to the Digital PnD [and animations, and other mediums [well if the Mature Lock is off, or those bits rated M.]. And then there's the fact that in various games I plan on making if you get cut, your clothes get cut. If you'd tear something, it'd tear. Rather than indestructible clothes of indestructibleness that so many games have XD.  That and when you also add in swim suits, cute / awesome outfits, ect. I want there to have a depth of realism [even though there are tons of fantasy elements in there already. Being sexless below the belt shouldn't be one of them.]

So I finally got pissed at Makehuman, decided to say hell with it and buy stuff. 

Here's Makehuman, and here's DazStudios Genesis 3. That and it has Subsurface built in it. And for a few bucks can fully sculpt my character however I want [although I'll need to wait till next year to buy better stuff. But the Starter Bundle and Horses will get me through a majority of my content. And it has better skin textures, and with the body / head morphs in the Bundle I can make any character I desire.] 

Edit:

Accidentally double posted and couldn't delete above post.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Schlangan

My this is a small island to crash a ship!

@TheGreatEater

Hey don't abandon your games :S

Progress reports;

I got fed up not being able to post NDA progress images. I decided to post doodles that I scan along on my scan plate to official work just to save them somewhere.

Éohéliocar-doodle.png

Yeah I want to save the name of that car system. But it is part of a copyleft comic I made!

The following below is something I am more encline to growl at if you borrow or steal them from me;

Aimé.png

I know I am not alone to like robots here but, for those who don't or to the ladies out there pretend it is just a male pinup!

Snarlian.png

This one is a sketch of a Shadowrun character I've imagined; a rigger!

Motif-en-noeuds.png

And finally the most RPGMaker related WIP; a study to make the GUI and/or HUD more cute!

(Just at least PM me if you like something in here.)

And returning to those bust face and battlers now!

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Marquise*, Oh I'm not abandoning it at all. But I'm starting to put money into the graphics and art assets ^_^. So far the free one makes good stuff, but for a hundred dollars I can make any race I want. But I'll have to wait to get an age morph and good muscle deformation. 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thegreateater: If the new software significantly speeds up production time, then it will be worth it.

@Schlangan. I had to get around states being removed when I used recover all too. What I did was set up a common event that removed KO from everyone, then healed everyone for 9999 HP and 999 MP (the maximums for both in my game). This way I could do a full heal, but keep all states.

@somaelCK: 75% done? Congrats!

@Marquise: I now know who to talk to if I ever do a game using robots.

11.18 Update: Had appointments most of the day, but did manage to write the first couple events to a sequence at the start of Chapter 2 (it's a sequence I had only told the players about so far, but now I'm adding it in as a playable section). Also introduced two new party members through it (as it made more sense to add them here than later in the Chapter), so now the party is up to 7. But, you'll need them, as the monsters are getting harder, and having the ability to swap party members in and out will help you greatly.

Hoping to finish this sequence tomorrow/Friday, then it's onto that Necromancer town that I drew up but didn't event yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS