Now Accepting Submissions!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Since RPG Maker's release on Steam, we have seen our community grow and thrive. Our user-base is bigger than ever, and we really enjoy seeing new faces pop in on the forums to say hello or to share their development process with us. We especially appreciate seeing all of our resource and script contributors getting some love and praise. I know everyone works hard to contribute and help to the community, and we're all incredibly proud of the effort that's put forward every day.

But there is still a large percentage of users that haven't made their way to the forums, and they're missing out! And beyond that, there are a lot of hidden gems in various RPG Maker forums and sites that we, ourselves, haven't seen.

We want to showcase and highlight some of the creativity, talent and hard work by assembling a free Community DLC pack. This is your chance to see your resources available through Steam, as well as our stores!

Resource Rules:

1) Resources should be available for royalty-free commercial use.

2) Resources can be completely original or RTP edits and created by you, personally -- no rips or trademark content that would invite copyright disputes or controversy. Please avoid submitting things on someone else's behalf.

3) We are accepting: visual resources (character, portraits, faces, tiles, icons, animations, battlers, etc), musical resources (BGM, BGS, ME, SE) and plug-and-play scripts (that don't rely on a core engine).

3) Resources should be in the correct format for VX-Ace -- tiles in a tileset, character sprites with appropriate names and including ! or $ where appropriate, BGMs in .ogg and looped, scripts in a .rb format and in a text document, etc. Consider adding a demo (unencrypted, RTP not included) that shows your resource in use.

4) Include a text document with crediting information -- which name you would like to be credited as, and any extra credits (ex. Enterbrain, if you're using RTP edits). You're encouraged to include a link to your resource blog or thread, but please limit it to an area that just has your resources (please avoid links like crowdfunding campaigns, donation pages, or sites that contain illegal/pirated/ripped material, etc).

5) There are no strict rules about the quality or quantity of the materials you should submit, but we do have limited space and may not be able to include every submission. So, please focus on what you feel is some of your favorite/best work.

Submission Process:

1) Organize and assemble your work in a zipped file and e-mail it to me at resources@rpgmakerweb.com with the "Community DLC" in the title.

Please be mindful of the fact that I have to go through each submission manually, so a clear and organized submission is much, much appreciated.

2) Post here that you've sent an e-mail.

We don't want anyone's submission to get lost or caught by a not-so-smart spam filter.

3) Spread the word in other RPG Maker communities, your personal blog, social media, etc. This is not a must, but we do appreciate anything you share and anything that helps us reach as many people as possible.

Deadline: Monday, October 13th 2014

FAQ:

How will you be choosing submissions?

I have a flexible contents list of what I'd like to include. A lot will depend on the kind of submissions we receive. Ideally, I'd like to have something that represents all the different areas of RPG Maker resources, but I'm also open to focusing more on a specific type of resource.

How come event systems are not on the resource list?

We'd love to include event systems, but we'd like them to be in a very user-friendly format. So, at the moment, I'm playing with a few possible ideas such as having a master project, or presenting the systems in a tutorial/lesson format (think RPG Maker School).

How come my submission wasn't included?

If your resource is following the resource rules, but still wasn't included, it's probably because we ran out of room. Sorry about that! We'll definitely keep you in mind for the next DLC release. In the meantime, continue to share your awesome resources with the community. We all benefit from your efforts. :)

Why is this DLC for royalty-free commercial use?

One of the reasons is consistency. Our store resources are always for royalty-free commercial use, and suddenly changing the terms to non-commercial projects only might cause some confusion. The other reason is that there are very few royalty-free commercial resources out there. And even fewer that are guaranteed to be safe to use. By providing this DLC, we're giving commercial developers the opportunity to get more options and to get to know you and your work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Stanley, Marquise*, cybrim and 23 others like this.
  2. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds cool :)

3. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a great idea! I'm a bit puzzled why we don't pack all our previous Restaff content into the Community DLC, but hey, I'm all for new content :)  

4. Lunarea

@Alkorri:

Some of it is not for commercial use or commercial use with a special license, as I recall. And that wouldn't mesh with the royalty-free commercial use we're hoping with the community DLC. But if anyone wants to submit their Re-Staff content and are ok with the terms, awesome!

slimmmeiske2 and Alkorri like this.
  5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's because a lot of the ReStaff stuff doesn't allow commercial use.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  6. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds great. So would we have to create new stuff for this or submit some of our previous works (like stuff we submitted for ReStaff)?

7. Lunarea

Previous work is fine. :)

8. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah excellent. I'll submit the stuff I submitted previously for ReStaff since all of it is free for commercial use. I might make some new stuff as well though.

Lunarea likes this.
  9. TheOddFellow

TheOddFellow Overactive Artisan Story Crafter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not an artist by favorite hobby, but I might be able to whip up some icons... Is there a specific type for this DLC? Fantasy? Steampunk? Or is it just a collection for use in any game?

Bloodmorphed likes this.
  10. Lunarea

No specific theme, so anything is welcome. :)

11. TheOddFellow

TheOddFellow Overactive Artisan Story Crafter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lunarea Ok, sounds geat. Looks like I've got some artistic skills to gain.

Lunarea likes this.
  12. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh that's amazing :)

13. The Prince of Sarcasm

The Prince of Sarcasm Prince of sarcasm Veteran

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Sounds cool. Will this be a free pack or will we have to pay? If we have to pay will resources submitters have to pay or will they get a free copy?

14. Cenetar

Cenetar Strawberry of Sprites Member

First Language:
    Japanese
    Haa that sond amazing :D ! But mi fairly new to this :( some rtp sprites converted to ds are welcme :D ?

15. Lunarea

It will be a free pack. :)

-

Any resource that follows the resource rules is welcome. :)

16. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice, joining resources gives more probability for people to find what they want :) and for royalty-free commercial use :)

starlight dream and Susan like this.
  17. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    hehe maybe the vampcat should be transform all the rtp character in .....VampRTP =w=....

please lunarea I hope no one will bring some garlic, Wood stack  or sun beam in this pack D: !?

sokita likes this.
  18. The Prince of Sarcasm

The Prince of Sarcasm Prince of sarcasm Veteran

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    I sent a message to the email address listed in the OP.

19. Psyker

Psyker Degibeta Team Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a great idea and can vastly help the community.  Glad to see this community starting to thrive and becoming successful.

Lunarea likes this.
  20. Monkeysnow55 The Cookie

Monkeysnow55 The Cookie Cookie Queen Veteran

First Language:
    Cookie
    Could I enter in my sprites I made from editing characters from the orginal RTP? And is this for any member or just like Restaff or?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.