Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

An Interactive Novel
WE WERE is an interactive novel.  In other words, it's a Choose Your Own Adventure book for the modern era.  In WE WERE, White Circle Studios invites you to relive key events in the history of Y'tuk, a race whose homeworld, A'selet, was destroyed by the growth of its star.  In our just-released Prologue, learn about the events that transpired right before the end and meet some important characters who will play a crucial role in WE WERE's "outerstory".

An Outerstory and an Innerstory
WE WERE weaves two very different, yet distinctly connected storylines.  The outerstory takes place as the player receives communication from a mysterious benefactor on the other side of computer console output, and will tie all eight episodes of the game together into one coherent narrative.  The innerstory takes place during the six full "episodes," which in the context of the game's universe are complex and carefully crafted virtual reality experiences the player must live through, each one putting the player in the shoes of an important figure in the rise and fall of Y'tuk society.

Episode 1: Dawn, is currently scheduled for release some time in February.

You can play the Prologue by clicking the link I'm sticking under this sentence.

PLAY THE PROLOGUE

You can vote for WE WERE on Steam Greenlight by clicking the link immediately following this sentence.

VOTE FOR WE WERE ON STEAM

Screenshots

Last edited by a moderator:

Fring Frang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, just played the prologue. Slick style! The black and white and piano tune go well together. The frame story setup is intriguing. And interesting choice of using RPG Maker for a text-based game. I've been using Twine, and never really considered RPG Maker for this style of play, but your game is getting me thinking now haha. Voted for it on Greenlight, best of luck with the campaign!

One piece of feedback I got in the past, and that would apply to your story, is this: when text sprawls onto multiple pages, it looks and reads better to not split sentences partway through. Take it or leave it, just thought you might appreciate feedback since this is a work in progress, with it being a series and all.

Also, good job on the writing! I'm a proofreader at my day job, so I like to think that I notice more errors than most. :thumbsup-left: The only things of note I found were:

''Atala eyes (should be Atala's eyes) dart back and forth in front of your (in front of you?) for a few moments and then she breaks your embrace...''; ''Atala wastingl ittle (should be wasting little*) time pushing herself inside.''; ''...covering the entrance the compound grounds. (the entrance to the compound grounds?)''; ''...and the gate of the compound slowly because rolls back and... (slowly because rolls back?)''.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll definitely keep the thing about not switching pages mid-sentence in mind for Episode 1,but I think for the prologue we'll leave it as is.

Speaking of formatting, stick with Twine unless you want your story to run natively. RPG Maker makes a few things easier (graphics, events, variables,sound), but formatting text through batch mode after writing it in Scrivener is where 99% of my dev time went and it's incredibly tedious.

Thanks for calling out the typos. Looks like there's a 1.02 patch on the way.

And thanks for voting on Greenlight. Appreciated!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why you reported this thread. I already closed the other one the first time you reported it. THIS IS the forum where you post games that have been released commercially, so I don't know what you expect to do, or expect us to do. However, none of the images in the first post are showing (you've linked them from your desktop, not from an online source), and the game isn't even released - it's still on greenlight, so is in the wrong area anyway. So I'll go ahead and close it as requested, but please be more careful where you post - we don't like closing threads over and over just because you want to start another one somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021? I still wonder if people still doing MV than MZ more
Seeing a lot more active Ace topics recently, is it making a comeback? :o
0-7, left-to-right, top-to-bottom
As soon as I'm able to get out of bed I'm probably gonna go so hyper from being too cooped up, and burn myself out into another awful flare. lol
It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennisacabe