Now that Mack Style Sprite generator is down, are there any other generators available?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Bourgeoise, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Bourgeoise

Bourgeoise Professional Slacker Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Decided to come back to mapping/creating as a hobby after a few years. More or less as the title states, now that the official? http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/ Mack Style Sprite generator is no longer available, is anyone aware of any alternate generators? I still prefer working with this style for VX Ace. Many thanks in advance.

I should mention I have been looking around myself and have yet to come across anything. I do want the sprite generator to still be producing Mack style sprites (not other styles)

2. mazzy-elf

mazzy-elf Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think the game character hub has what you're looking for.

Bourgeoise and Romanticist like this.
  3. Romanticist

Romanticist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Dang, this is such a shame. I always used GCH but I hate seeing resources like this shut down. There have been countless of RPG Maker resources and archives that have been wiped from the internet :asad:

Bourgeoise likes this.
  4. Bourgeoise

Bourgeoise Professional Slacker Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks! It looks good, but I really wish I didn't have to be $20 for it...might just have to learn and start spirting from scratch...

5. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could use Schlangan's extended generator, which is what I'm using for my tall adult body generator project.
    He has recently updated it with quite a few bugfixes that make life simpler.
    The downside: if you really want only Mack-style, you'll have to find and import all the mack assets yourself. Which is pretty much also what you'd have to do with game character hub or similar programs, except that they'll require you to load the assets into the character you're editing (meaning you'll do the work as you're working on the character) while the extended generator would require all work to be upfront in setting the generator up.
    There may be a quick workaround to the importing though, and Schlangan's planning another update in october that may feature the ability to import other assets as you'd import RPGMV assets, meaning if they're in the right folder structure, you can bulk import them all.