Looperdooper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Looperdooper I can see that you set your setting is the other way around for the if statement

Please set it to
"If: common event called = ON"
"Control switches: common event called = OFF"

The plugin auto turns ON the switch, you have to turn it off instead.
Well, now it seems the Talk option doesn't show any text now.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Looperdooper Not sure what you mean the Talk option doesn't show any text now. Do you mean it doesn't play your common event dialog?

I tested out a player transfer to map and autorun the shop event as I normally would and the Talk Common event works as intended, only leaving the map once I backed out of the whole shop. It should work.

Looperdooper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Looperdooper Not sure what you mean the Talk option doesn't show any text now. Do you mean it doesn't play your common event dialog?

I tested out a player transfer to map and autorun the shop event as I normally would and the Talk Common event works as intended, only leaving the map once I backed out of the whole shop. It should work.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be playing the common event dialog now, instead, it just sorts of leaves when I hit talk.

Looperdooper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Thanks, I found out I was being a dummy by reading some other posts, by not changing the variable in the plugins, still, I thank you for helping me also ^^

RPyro64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to use this, but it's just not working at all.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPyro64 Can you please elaborate on what is not working? This plugin normally wouldn't have problems if all the instructions are followed.

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope I'm not distracting too much from any other help requests, but I'm having a slight issue with this plugin that I can't seem to figure out...

I've been able to get everything working the way it should so far, but with one small problem involving the "Talk" feature.

If I enter into the store, go to "buy", and then "cancel", everything works properly.

If I talk to the shopkeeper (a feature I definitely want my game to have), the common event plays and it loops back into the shop as it should. But afterwards, when I go to "cancel", the common event for talking replays itself before exiting out of the shop. I followed all the tutorials and have been looking through this thread for answers, but nothing is helping and I'm unsure of what else to do to fix this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time!

Below I have attached pictures of the event's page, the plugin's page, and the Common Events page.

NPC Dialogue Shop-Event Page.png NPC Dialogue Shop-Plugin Page.png NPC Dialogue Shop-Common Event Page.png

RPyro64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPyro64 Can you please elaborate on what is not working? This plugin normally wouldn't have problems if all the instructions are followed.
When I trigger the shop, it just is a regular shop. No talk, no shopkeeper image, no nothing. I've attached some images of the event, my plugin parameters, and my common event. I feel like I've probably made some simple mistake lol.

Attachments

• dteest.PNG
    dteest.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 9
  • dplugin.PNG
    dplugin.PNG
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
  • devent.PNG
    devent.PNG
    26.5 KB · Views: 10

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arcadekitten Hmmmm how odd indeed, the talk dialog shouldn't repeat with how the switch is already turned OFF. Can you try remaking this event on a whole new map with only this plugin turned ON to see if it still does this? If it fixes it you have some searching to do. Sometimes there might be another plugin/or event on the current map that changes the switch, messing with it

@RPyro64 Ah if all the options is not showing up at all like this, you somehow turned OFF the plugin in the manager or you are also using another shop plugin. If its the 2nd one, put this plugin above the other shop plugins. But I can't promise that would work if the two are not compatible.

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arcadekitten Hmmmm how odd indeed, the talk dialog shouldn't repeat with how the switch is already turned OFF. Can you try remaking this event on a whole new map with only this plugin turned ON to see if it still does this? If it fixes it you have some searching to do. Sometimes there might be another plugin/or event on the current map that changes the switch, messing with it

@RPyro64 Ah if all the options is not showing up at all like this, you somehow turned OFF the plugin in the manager or you are also using another shop plugin. If its the 2nd one, put this plugin above the other shop plugins. But I can't promise that would work if the two are not compatible.
To be extra certain, I actually tried opening a new test game with no plugins except this one and wound up with the same result. Everything works properly, but when I exit out of the shop menu after having already talked to shopkeeper once before, the common event for "talk" repeats again before letting me leave the shop. : (

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arcadekitten Oh! I've found your problem! In your Plugin parameters, you need to set Common Event ID to none. That should remove the autocall for the common event when you exit the shop

Edit: To add, this section is used to run Common events that you want to run like extra "hey by the way" after you talked to them when quitting the shop

Last edited:

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arcadekitten Oh! I've found your problem! In your Plugin parameters, you need to set Common Event ID to none. That should remove the autocall for the common event when you exit the shop

Edit: To add, this section is used to run Common events that you want to run like extra "hey by the way" after you talked to them when quitting the shop
YES!! That fixed it, thank you so much! And thank you for telling me what it does, too. I was under the impression it had to be filled out for the common event to run at all, so this really helps, thank you! : )

RPyro64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I dont think i have the plugin off, and im not using any other shop plugin

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPyro64 Have you tried it on a new project that has nothing but this plug in?
Because even without touching anything, just adding this plugin and opening the shop would at the very least show a Talk button. So the fact that it's not showing up at all is very weird indeed.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPyro64 if you dont get anything, while your layout is MV (default),
change it to something else for test purpose to see if something does
change on the layout, if it does, revert it and re-try it.

you can also pick a layout and press "OK" (if you use rpgMV 1.6.x),
sometimes, structures or options doesn't take effect directly and is
a slight issue, but after that, it should work normally.

see if that works.

RPyro64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPyro64 Have you tried it on a new project that has nothing but this plug in?
Because even without touching anything, just adding this plugin and opening the shop would at the very least show a Talk button. So the fact that it's not showing up at all is very weird indeed.
@RPyro64 if you dont get anything, while your layout is MV (default),
change it to something else for test purpose to see if something does
change on the layout, if it does, revert it and re-try it.

you can also pick a layout and press "OK" (if you use rpgMV 1.6.x),
sometimes, structures or options doesn't take effect directly and is
a slight issue, but after that, it should work normally.

see if that works.
I've tried both of these, but neither of them worked. I do have a question though, would the plugin name affect anything?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for most plugins, it does, and should name how it is given or should be named.
if not, it can throw an error, sometimes it doesn't work if name is incorrect.

RPyro64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for most plugins, it does, and should name how it is given or should be named.
if not, it can throw an error, sometimes it doesn't work if name is incorrect.
Well, it didn't give an error while I had a different name, but I gave it the right name and it worked instantly lmao. Sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for the help

sapoteam

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
great plugin!
simple and effective
but I can't understand how to customize the "talk" section ...
could someone explain it to me?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes to grab the reviewer's interest. Here we go.
Not played that much in years tbh, only been making/modding games. Every game I try now feels super easy o_O Even ones I used to struggle with.
Everywhere I go to, everyone brings up the heat being insane. Is this an omen? :kaoswt2:
Bex
Edit: Sorry wrong Thread.

So whats new?
Damn today was hot again XD, perfect for the cool Basement XD.
Happy RPG Maker Contest everyone.
So my team has a big upcoming event regarding our game, so I've had to draw like 20+ chibi characters so far to illustrate the game's mechanics. And I'm not done still... But! At least it is way less to do now.:kaopride:
show chibi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kleine