NPC Dialogue Shop

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by mjshi, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Guardinthena likes this.
  2. gothicvoid

gothicvoid [GothicVoid] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you but i dont want all that stuff... i dont need it. I just would like to add that icon... thats it. Thanks though. Maybe ill need it in another project. :)

3. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @mjshi I hope this does not come off as pushy as that wouldn't be my intent at all. I was merely curious if you have found the time recently to delve into the modifications I mentioned before? I understand if you haven't yet, life can be busy and demanding.

@tale that looks like a neat little plugin! I have no plans to implement it at this time but it is definitely something that adds levels of immersion to a game in terms of realism.

@ShadowDragon Thank you for sharing that link to Burning Orca's shop plugin. I had no idea it existed and am glad to find a plugin that finally adds a replenishing limited inventory shop! Better that it is compatible with NPCDialogue shop!

4. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Guardinthena there was some tiny bugs and a major bug that was recently solved, there arent any plugin with item stock that
    works perfectly, this one of Burning Orca's, i made a little request of the "out of stock" in stead of grey out.

now that you also can use js code to extend the possibilty, it will be 1 heck of a combo that fits most of your needs, however,
    I have no clue if it will be competable with tales plugin though, if it does, you have the perfect shop, even without it, but
    it gives a nice touch.

Guardinthena likes this.
  5. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everyone! I am back to report that wonderful @Silva has created a little addon to mjshi's NPC Dialogue Shop! The addon creates a new window that can display pictures of items from the picture folder of your project just like what can be done with Yanfly's Itempictureimage plugin. Only the window is adjustable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l136mmho7nw8rk1/SilvaDialogueShopX.js?dl=0

Err, I am also now a bit sheepish. @mjshi I hope you don't mind that an addon was created.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that Yanfly's Item Core is required for this addon to work, and the addon uses the notetag <Picture: X> to work. Where X is the filename of the picture in your picture folder. It might use the other notetags from Yanfly's but I did not test that. Also, Silva made the box adjustable, so theoretically the picture's can be larger than Yanfly's 128x128. I am told that Yanfly's script can go bigger than that as well, but I never tested that either. I think because of mention of lag. I have not tested to see if Silva's has the same dilemma, but in all this addon should prove interesting to those that want to use it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    mjshi, dragoonwys and tale like this.
  6. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Guardinthena It's no problem at all! I'm honored this plugin has merited someone else's attention, and serious thanks to @Silva for contributing! Really sorry for not having the time myself to look into this :kaoswt2:

I'll link to it in the main post ASAP, and @Silva, if you don't mind I'll make a mirror to this on my GitHub.

I may still make a separate version to have support for icons and not require Yanfly's Item core, but that will probably have to wait until at least August when I have a bit more time on my hands.

Guardinthena likes this.
  7. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Don't be sorry that you didn't have the time, @mjshi! Life can be difficult and busy, as everyone should know. When you're able to get around to doing your own separate version it will be great that it will not require Yanfly's Item Core. I know everyone using your NPC Dialogue Shop will jump on it ;)

Secondly, @tale pointed out that I fumbled in linking to the addon, so I changed the link.

8. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's no problem @mjshi - happy to help. :) I'm a little ashamed to admit that I have no idea what you mean by mirroring on GitHub, but I doubt it will cause any harm so go ahead.

I've actually just finished updating the plugin with support for icons (which doesn't require any Yanfly plugins). I felt it unfinished if I didn't have icon support. Original link will take you to updated version.

Guardinthena likes this.
  9. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Very nice, @Silva! I'll grab the updated version just cause. And don't feel bad not knowing what mirroring on GitHub means, mjshi is just saying that she's going to add your plugin addon on her site/forum where all her plugins/scripts are at with other addons, so that when people go to check her plugins they'll also find the addons done by her or other people conveniently located in one area.

Silva likes this.
  10. Zack Phoenix

Zack Phoenix Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks great! A neat way to make shops and NPCs feel unique. Thanks for the great plugin!
    Oh, I would also be really interested in the request made by @Guardinthena to add different pictures for the shopkeeper when you buy, take too long etc. , that would give the shopkeepers even more personality.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Guardinthena likes this.
  11. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  12. gothicvoid

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @tale i think what Zack means is the shop keepers themselves changing expression as you are in the window. Unless Silva did that in the item display addon

Guardinthena, Zack Phoenix and tale like this.
  13. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @gothicvoid @Zack Phoenix
    You mean Guardinthena additional request. Silva didn't add changing expression for shop keepers.
    I'm requoting this for reference.

Guardinthena and Zack Phoenix like this.
  14. gothicvoid

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @tale yeah. I think it would be great as well!! :kaoluv:

Guardinthena and Zack Phoenix like this.
  15. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going to mention this is not 100% compatible with yanflys shop core(Unless you remove actor stat, but that removes dialogue and the talk button in exchange for seeing the item stats), and there are a few bugs. (Such as a empty box called "Base2" And the actor stat overlapping how many items you have) but overall its a pretty good plugin.

16. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate Could you elaborate on what you mean by an empty box called "Base2"? (maybe some screenshots?) I can try to take a look at it. Otherwise, if windows are overlapping you can always move them around with the parameters.

17. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure why this box it here, or why the actor stat clips with amount of items when its property is on.
    what is this.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  18. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate That's probably the Possession Number window that shows you how many of a given item you have. Try moving it around. Otherwise, the parameters are clipping because you didn't give enough space to the box, you can try either making your text shorter (so M.Atk instead of M.Attack or M.Def instead of M.Defense) or increase the space you give that box. Try doing either of those and let me know how it goes!

19. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Expanding either of the parameters or changing the names does nothing . (Although I am using SRD's tool engine, expanding base 2 still does nothing, it's just empty) Also, here's help request of mine for what I'm talking about. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?posts/988295/
    upload_2019-7-26_23-38-30.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  20. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate Here's how the Default MV layout looks with Yanfly Shop Core put above NPC Dialogue Shop:
    upload_2019-8-4_22-10-44.png

This is in a project with only these 2 plugins and nothing else. Are you sure you don't have anything else turned on that could possibly break it?

That said, the default look of it with Yanfly Shop Core is still not ideal, and you can't change the size of some things. I've fixed it so it now looks like this:

upload_2019-8-4_22-23-43.png

update 1.01b
    - Better compatibility with Yanfly Shop Core.
    - Added @Guardinthena's shop layout

@Guardinthena, I've finally added yours to the plugin-- although, it does look a bit strange at MV's default resolution (there's a bit of clipping, too). Could you specify what resolution this layout was meant to be used at? Thanks!
    upload_2019-8-4_22-29-47.png

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019