gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gothicvoid if you want that icon, you can combine it with this plugin which the best combo for the perfect shop.
it has some features in here, but add more features what most shops doesn't have =) He made a compability as well
so all functions works on it.
Thank you but i dont want all that stuff... i dont need it. I just would like to add that icon... thats it. Thanks though. Maybe ill need it in another project. :)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@mjshi I hope this does not come off as pushy as that wouldn't be my intent at all. I was merely curious if you have found the time recently to delve into the modifications I mentioned before? I understand if you haven't yet, life can be busy and demanding.

@tale that looks like a neat little plugin! I have no plans to implement it at this time but it is definitely something that adds levels of immersion to a game in terms of realism.

@ShadowDragon Thank you for sharing that link to Burning Orca's shop plugin. I had no idea it existed and am glad to find a plugin that finally adds a replenishing limited inventory shop! Better that it is compatible with NPCDialogue shop!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena there was some tiny bugs and a major bug that was recently solved, there arent any plugin with item stock that
works perfectly, this one of Burning Orca's, i made a little request of the "out of stock" in stead of grey out.

now that you also can use js code to extend the possibilty, it will be 1 heck of a combo that fits most of your needs, however,
I have no clue if it will be competable with tales plugin though, if it does, you have the perfect shop, even without it, but
it gives a nice touch.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! I am back to report that wonderful @Silva has created a little addon to mjshi's NPC Dialogue Shop! The addon creates a new window that can display pictures of items from the picture folder of your project just like what can be done with Yanfly's Itempictureimage plugin. Only the window is adjustable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l136mmho7nw8rk1/SilvaDialogueShopX.js?dl=0

Err, I am also now a bit sheepish. @mjshi I hope you don't mind that an addon was created.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that Yanfly's Item Core is required for this addon to work, and the addon uses the notetag <Picture: X> to work. Where X is the filename of the picture in your picture folder. It might use the other notetags from Yanfly's but I did not test that. Also, Silva made the box adjustable, so theoretically the picture's can be larger than Yanfly's 128x128. I am told that Yanfly's script can go bigger than that as well, but I never tested that either. I think because of mention of lag. I have not tested to see if Silva's has the same dilemma, but in all this addon should prove interesting to those that want to use it.

Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Guardinthena It's no problem at all! I'm honored this plugin has merited someone else's attention, and serious thanks to @Silva for contributing! Really sorry for not having the time myself to look into this :kaoswt2:

I'll link to it in the main post ASAP, and @Silva, if you don't mind I'll make a mirror to this on my GitHub.

I may still make a separate version to have support for icons and not require Yanfly's Item core, but that will probably have to wait until at least August when I have a bit more time on my hands.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Don't be sorry that you didn't have the time, @mjshi! Life can be difficult and busy, as everyone should know. When you're able to get around to doing your own separate version it will be great that it will not require Yanfly's Item Core. I know everyone using your NPC Dialogue Shop will jump on it ;)

Secondly, @tale pointed out that I fumbled in linking to the addon, so I changed the link.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's no problem @mjshi - happy to help. :) I'm a little ashamed to admit that I have no idea what you mean by mirroring on GitHub, but I doubt it will cause any harm so go ahead.

I've actually just finished updating the plugin with support for icons (which doesn't require any Yanfly plugins). I felt it unfinished if I didn't have icon support. Original link will take you to updated version.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very nice, @Silva! I'll grab the updated version just cause. And don't feel bad not knowing what mirroring on GitHub means, mjshi is just saying that she's going to add your plugin addon on her site/forum where all her plugins/scripts are at with other addons, so that when people go to check her plugins they'll also find the addons done by her or other people conveniently located in one area.

Zack Phoenix

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks great! A neat way to make shops and NPCs feel unique. Thanks for the great plugin!
Oh, I would also be really interested in the request made by @Guardinthena to add different pictures for the shopkeeper when you buy, take too long etc. , that would give the shopkeepers even more personality.

Last edited:

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited:

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@gothicvoid @Zack Phoenix
You mean Guardinthena additional request. Silva didn't add changing expression for shop keepers.
I hope you don't mind, but can I ask for an additional request? I had just installed the plugin and was playing with it yesterday, and this was after my post mind, when I realized that the plugin doesn't have a means of alternating the shopkeeper's image if say, a purchase is made, an item is sold, leaves, or the pc takes too long to make a purchase. Well, unless I missed something entirely. If I did please correct me! Was this something that you were planning to update the plugin with in the future and if not can this too be added? I feel it would add a new layer of immersion to gameplay.
I'm requoting this for reference.

Last edited:

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to mention this is not 100% compatible with yanflys shop core(Unless you remove actor stat, but that removes dialogue and the talk button in exchange for seeing the item stats), and there are a few bugs. (Such as a empty box called "Base2" And the actor stat overlapping how many items you have) but overall its a pretty good plugin.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yougotsomechocolate Could you elaborate on what you mean by an empty box called "Base2"? (maybe some screenshots?) I can try to take a look at it. Otherwise, if windows are overlapping you can always move them around with the parameters.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure why this box it here, or why the actor stat clips with amount of items when its property is on.
what is this.png

Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yougotsomechocolate That's probably the Possession Number window that shows you how many of a given item you have. Try moving it around. Otherwise, the parameters are clipping because you didn't give enough space to the box, you can try either making your text shorter (so M.Atk instead of M.Attack or M.Def instead of M.Defense) or increase the space you give that box. Try doing either of those and let me know how it goes!

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yougotsomechocolate Here's how the Default MV layout looks with Yanfly Shop Core put above NPC Dialogue Shop:
upload_2019-8-4_22-10-44.png

This is in a project with only these 2 plugins and nothing else. Are you sure you don't have anything else turned on that could possibly break it?

That said, the default look of it with Yanfly Shop Core is still not ideal, and you can't change the size of some things. I've fixed it so it now looks like this:

upload_2019-8-4_22-23-43.png

update 1.01b
- Better compatibility with Yanfly Shop Core.
- Added @Guardinthena's shop layout

@Guardinthena, I've finally added yours to the plugin-- although, it does look a bit strange at MV's default resolution (there's a bit of clipping, too). Could you specify what resolution this layout was meant to be used at? Thanks!
upload_2019-8-4_22-29-47.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GenAlFateh