NPC Dialogue Shop

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by mjshi, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for doing this, your mods are always cool.

2. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate No problem! Thank you for taking the time to report this, it's hard to keep track of all these things and most of these patches happen upon request since I'm usually not aware of them until someone brings it up. Hopefully this fixes your issue with the blank box too!

3. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    well, it looks like this on my resolution (1086-624) now.

4. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate Are you sure you don't have any other plugins enabled besides Yanfly Shop Core and NPC Dialogue Shop? Try turning everything off except the two to narrow down your problem (it might not actually be Shop Core that's causing this issue if it works fine in a clean project but not yours), and make sure Shop Core is above this plugin. Other than that, try making sure your copy of the .js file has these lines in it (should be ~640 or so):
    Code:
    Window_ShopCommand.prototype.windowWidth = function() {
        return commandPos.width;
    };

cause I updated it again a bit afterwards and I didn't bump the version number so there's no way to tell otherwise.

5. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Right, forgot to disable and re-able the plugina.
    Base 2 is still there (But smaller, below the gold box) and the actor params/item count still collide.

6. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate Base 2 is just the possession number window. Try moving it to somewhere else, see if that clipped text moves with it. Otherwise, are you absolutely sure that no other plugins other than this one and Shop Core are enabled?

7. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  8. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yougotsomechocolate
    That's probably it. The two plugins are most likely just incompatible. It has nothing to do with Yanfly Shop Core, just AES's shop patch. I'd say probably just disable that since (reading the description) it doesn't seem to be too essential of a feature, more of a nice-to-have.

If you really want to though I can investigate why NPC Dialogue Shop is incompatible with it, though I have 9 items on my to-do list at the moment and can't guarantee that I'll get to it anytime soon.

9. Yougotsomechocolate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have it disabled for now. Whenever you get to it is fine.

10. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hiya! Just got around to inputting all this and trying to figure out the answer to your question. The Reverse Shopkeeper layout I posted about before was done in the default screen resolution of 816x624. After fiddling with all the settings I realized that it was the help window! I had reduced it to 3 lines instead of 4. Also tried to adjust the Sell Item List for this to fit better but the window space is too constrained, so it ended up overlapping the help window.

Reverse Shop Layout:

Screen Resolution: 816x624

Command Window
    {"x":"0","y":"0","width":"576"}

Gold Window
    {"x":"576","y":"0","width":"240"}

Item List
    {"x":"316","y":"290","width":"500","height":"190"}

Sell Item List
    {"x":"316","y":"362","width":"500","height":"190"}

Possessed Items
    {"x":"35","y":"400","width":"240"}

Actor Stat Window
    {"x":"521","y":"72","width":"295","height":"218"}

Help Window:
    Reduce size to 3 lines

If using Silva's Display Item Picture Addon:
    { x: "317", y: "76", width: "200", height: "128"}

Preview:
    Reverse Shopkeep.PNG

I've also developed another layout. I don't know what to call it though. Front and Center Shopkeeper? Central Shopkeeper? Not sure the name matters though ;)

Front and Center Shop Layout:

Screen Resolution: 1280x720

Command Window
    {"x":"0","y":"0","width":"1280"}

Gold Window
    {"x":"20","y":"88","width":"240"}

Item List
    {"x":"20","y":"160","width":"480","height":"400"}

Sell Item List
    {"x":"20","y":"232","width":"480","height":"328"}

Possessed Items
    {"x":"260","y":"88","width":"240"}

Actor Stat Window
    {"x":"840","y":"328","width":"420","height":"230"}

Help Window:
    Reduce size to 3 lines

If using Silva's Display Item Picture Addon:
    { x: "920", y: "88", width: "210", height: "128"}

Preview:
    Center Shopkeep.PNG

In some other news, I'm not sure if you're willing to do compatibility work with Yanfly's YEP_ShopMenuCore, @mjshi?

I've been slowly adding more and more shop plugins together to create the ideal shop I'm looking for and currently have yours installed, BurningOrca's Shops and Silva's Display Picture Image and those all worked great together. Once I had all that hammered out I moved on to adding in Yanfly's ShopMenuCore because I wanted the YEP_X_MultipleCurrencies in my game so I could add copper, silver, and gold. Having multiple currencies isn't some central dynamic to my game, I just like the concept and the equip option from the ShoMenuCore is just a nice touch. Less wasting time browsing through more windows.

Not surprisingly, I ran into what I believe might be small compatibility issues. The YEP_ShopMenuCore adds a Equip command to the Command Window, but the NPCDialogueShop plugin makes it inoperable. The tab does nothing. Just sits there and looks pretty. This also pushes the cancel button out of the menu...wait, unless I overlooked something in your plugin for that, I'll have to check later.

Another incompatibility I found between the plugins: yours also cancels out the ability provided in the ShopMenuCore to hit the 'tab' button on the keyboard to switch the Actor Stat Screen to display which actors are capable of using which armors and weapons.

Asides from those two things I've found, your plugin works with Yanfly's YEP_ShopMenuCore and YEP_X_MultipleCurrencies nicely. Specifically, since I just wanted the additional currencies, these are displayed and operates accordingly. An example of what these look like is provided in the preview for the Central Shopkeeper I posted above.

So for anyone interested in knowing! I've already done a lot of groundwork and testing here: mjshi's NPCDialogueShop, Burning Orca's Shops, Silva's Display Item Picture and Yanfly's CoreEngine, ShopMenuCore, and MultipleCurrenices all play pretty well together! Some minor issues but nothing game breaking.

One last thing @mjshi , I promise! I downloaded your recent update for NPCDialogueShop and I don't see the parameter command for the layout switcher but the plugin states it's v.1.01b. Was the parameter named Layout Switcher? Am I missing something?

EDIT:
    Aaaaand--sorry mjshi, I just found a small cosmetic bug with NPCDialogueShop. It seems the text in the gold window does not right align. I found this out while making minor tweaks to the windows in the shop. I was stretching the gold window to make it longer to accommodate YEP_X_MultipleCurrencies and found it does not right align. It is stubbornly sitting in the middle. I turned off all my shop plugins but yours. It seems to be just a small oversight.

Example of issue:
    gold window.PNG

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  11. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Guardinthena Thanks for the layouts! I'll add them and fix the thing with the aligning in the next update. I'll check out the layout switcher thing too, it's possible I broke it somehow by accident when I was trying to add your layout in.

Guardinthena likes this.
  12. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everyone! Just a quick update, @Silva made a modification to his addon for the NPCDialogueShop at my request. The Item Picture Window can now be toggled in the plugin so that it will hide itself like the Actor Stat Window and Possessed Items window before the Buy/Sell commands are selected. This can be turned on and off depending on how you set up your shop.

New v.1.11 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l136mmho7nw8rk1/SilvaDialogueShopX.js?dl=0

And @mjshi, (sheepishly scratches back of head) forget about my request for a compatibility for Yanfly's ShopMenuCore. Talked the idea over with my hubby about multiple currencies in game and he says I'm just over complicating matters and gently reminded me that most games just have one currency for a reason. That said, I guess it is good for other people that come looking to know how those plugins interact with yours and save themselves time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  13. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Guardinthena Layout switcher seems to work fine for me. It's just called "Layout" and it's right here:
    upload_2019-8-13_23-12-25.png
    It may have been a little weird to make a parent thing clickable, but oh well. I couldn't really think of a better way to put it since it's a parent parameter that overrides everything else.

To address your thorough post:
    update 1.01c
    - Right-aligned Gold Window
    - Added/updated Guardinthena's layouts
    - Better compatibility with YEP_ShopMenuCore
    - Moved "Help Layout Lines" to be a layout option, added ability to use this in the layout switcher
    - Removed an errant log statement

As of update 1.01c, this issue:
    should be fixed.

As for this one:
    it's probably more of a feature request than a bug (though definitely a compatibility issue) because NPC Dialogue Shop isn't designed to accommodate an Actor Stat Screen so it doesn't listen for any keypresses to that nature.

Thank you very much for your report on the state of the mosh-pit of shop plugins, and your two layout designs! :)

One thing though, could you provide a "best viewed at" resolution for any layouts that aren't default MV so I can add them to the layout switcher list? Thanks!

Guardinthena and gothicvoid like this.
  14. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ooh! The layout switcher *was* the clickable 'layout' command parameter? I will admit, I completely ignored that! The way it looks in the parameters I thought it was a folder title for all the layout options beneath...you know, to help it look organized. ;D Silly me! I can see what you mean though, it does make sense to have it as a drop down window.

Just downloaded the latest update for the plugin--thank you very much for the fixes, @mjshi! Looking at it though, did you fix the compatibility with Yanfly's YEP_ShopMenuCore by overriding the equip command to hide it? Also, it still says its v.1.01b in the description.

As for your last request, can I get clarification by "best viewed at?" In the layout descriptions when we post would you like us to label the screen resolution as that? Because on my previous posts I mentioned what screen resolution I had RPG Maker set to. Just confused by your request and looking to clear that up.

15. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Guardinthena oh whoops, completely missed that haha. Thanks, I'll bump the version number and add a formal drop down option in soonish.

edit it is good to go!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Guardinthena likes this.
  16. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You probably don't get this enough, but thank you so much for everything that you've done, @mjshi. This plugin is amazing and so are your other plugins. (Turn-in-place and Talk to Folllower are two plugins I always wanted but didn't think existed!) So again, thank you for everything you've done.

mjshi likes this.
  17. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Guardinthena aww, thanks!! :kaothx: it means a lot to hear that.You're very welcome, and hopefully I can still keep making stuff for people long into the future!

Guardinthena likes this.
  18. albert-youkai

albert-youkai Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    my wonder if works with yanfly shop core?

19. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  20. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's compatible-- as in, it works if you have Shop Core above it, but it doesn't necessarily implement any of Shop Core's functionality such as the ability to have icon windows and such. For that, you'd need Silva's add-on which is linked in the main post.

You can see how it looks by default with Shop Core here:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/npc-dialogue-shop.101108/page-3#post-990800