NPC Dialogue Shop

woofufu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi hi, first of all thanks for this, just what i was looking for! and sorry if my english is bad :[
now, is there a way to put a animated image instead of the shopkeeper image? like a gif or something? or having a different image of the shoopkeeper whenever you select the different store options.
im literally just starting so i know pretty much nothing.
thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi hi, first of all thanks for this, just what i was looking for! and sorry if my english is bad :[
now, is there a way to put a animated image instead of the shopkeeper image? like a gif or something? or having a different image of the shoopkeeper whenever you select the different store options.
im literally just starting so i know pretty much nothing.
thanks in advance, keep up the good work!
There's no vanilla way to do that at the moment, sorry! I might consider integrating Iavra's GIF plugin in the future maybe but that's a long way off.

Ely

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i love the plug in but i'm still confused as how to do the rumor with the common events and everything :kaoeh:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ely here's some screencaps from dragoonwys!

@gothicvoid
It's written in the help file.
First, change the variable chosen in Shopkeeper Variable to the index of your NPC, in the Shopkeepers list. 1st NPC = 0, 2nd = 1, 3rd = 2, etc.
Then, call the shop as per normal!

Here's the example of how the event looks in an event.

Reactions: Ely

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ely
There might be, what does your common event look like?

Ely

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just put the show text option in the common event was i supposed to do something else?

Attachments

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ely Can I see the event for your shop? You might not be referencing the correct common event switch (it's a plugin param named "Common Event Switch" you can set yourself, by default it's switch 1).

Ely

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ely Can I see the event for your shop? You might not be referencing the correct common event switch (it's a plugin param named "Common Event Switch" you can set yourself, by default it's switch 1).

Attachments

cirdian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
Hi mjshi, thanks for the plugin. Its amazing. Just a doubt...

I use the YEP_ShopMenuCore mainly for the function of equipping in the event of the store itself. But when using your plugin, with any of the layouts or in personal customization, this option to equip disappears. Is there anything I can do so that I can use both your plugin and this function to equip in the YEP_ShopMenuCore plugin?

PS: Sorry my terrible english.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ely hmm, double-check that the param for "Common Event Switch" is set to 3, otherwise, feel free to shoot me a PM with your game and I can take a look.

@cirdian Don't worry about your english, you're doing fine ^^
This and Yanfly's ShopMenuCore are trying to do the same thing, different ways, so the two are kind of bound to conflict. Making the two entirely compatible would likely require some significant reworking, and tbh I don't personally think having an equip option would fit with the theme of this plugin or fit the buy/sell/talk/cancel menu (it already had to be shrunk to let you display an NPC picture, and feels a little claustrophobic at native MV resolution).

I am 100% cool with it if (and I encourage you to) you put up a request for this to be modded up on the plugin requests board, though-- I just don't think it ought to be a base feature of this plugin. I'm really sorry I can't help more!

cirdian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the quick response. And for lying about my English not being terrible.

I think I got a "creative" solution. In the common event of the conversation with the shopkeeper I will put an option where there is a normal conversation with the shopkeeper himself or the possibility to open the equipping window.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@cirdian That definitely works haha. It could be a dialogue thing like

> Hear any rumors?
> Need anything done?
> Can I borrow your dressing room?

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very cool shop plugin!
I was able to figure out how to use this pretty happy about it!

Last edited:

LVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to ask if there is a way to remove the talk button feature of the shop process? a quick tip how to remove this feature would be awesome.
Also one more request I can pay for the service just let me know how much I can pay using paypal.
If your able to add the arrow cursor to all parts in shop menu?

Last edited:

LVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the talk command on the shop when you click on talk it exit out of the shop scene that is correct right?
Is there a way to prevent it from exiting out?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@LVGames If you look at the demo, check out the first event in front of you. It shows you how to set up a jump/label event. You can also check out this reply.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, love the plugin! Was wondering if there's a way to change the default text you included that appears when you hover over an shop option. Like when your on the "Buy" option the text at the bottom says "Anything catch your eye?" I haven't figured out how to change that so I just wanted to ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I try to check out 2-3 projects from the Games In Development forum every fortnight. I usually don't spend more then 30 minutes to an hour on each project, but I do try to leave a comment to share my thoughts on each one I check out. I usually just pick whatever catches my eye, but if you're reading this and would like a little feedback on your project in development let me know and I'll see if I can check it out :)
I drew Resident Evil 2 style lock for my horror game. (Pixels intended)
I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
With all this practice, I'll be hitting competitive in social distancing soon.
Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unowa23