NPC disappears before the fading out effect

karinthefox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! So, I have an NPC event where my main character talks to her and after she's done, she transfers to another map. The thing is, when my protagonist transfers, the event keeps going for a little while since she has a few more lines of dialogue. The problem is that when I do the fade out, the NPC disappears before it's done and it looks ugly. I know that the NPC disappears because of the self switch but is there a way to make the self-switch activate AFTER the fade out? The self switch is right at the bottom but the NPC still disappears before... I'd appreciate the help, thank you!

I'm providing two screenshots.

Attachments

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, it takes effect when you put the self switch. So put it well after the fade out instead.

karinthefox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it takes effect when you put the self switch. So put it well after the fade out instead.
You mean, put the fade out and then activate the self-switch? I tried that too but the NPC still disappears before the fade out ends :(

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@karinthefox There is a 'Self Switch : A = ON' right before the 'Fadeout Screen' command. Is that supposed to be there? Could that be causing the NPC to vanish before the fadeout ends?

karinthefox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@karinthefox There is a 'Self Switch : A = ON' right before the 'Fadeout Screen' command. Is that supposed to be there? Could that be causing the NPC to vanish before the fadeout ends?
Oh my gosh, that was the problem! It seems I had activated the self switch before and forgot to delete it after I added more stuff to the event. Thanks so much!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narutoisnotover