Eny-Lame

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am looking for assistance on how to execute a part of my game, which I am attempting to map out before creating my own tilesheets for.

Anyways, I want the red haired placeholder NPC, Semi, to run away off screen when the player enters the room, as well as the focus panning over to them before they do so. Is this possible in RPG Maker MV? and how would I achieve this?

1623625746707.png
Any help would be appreciated, been tinkering around in the program all day trying to learn the software but I can't find any tutorial for this specific thing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this would be a cutscene. All cutscenes are always controlled by a single controlling event that triggers the cutscene.

In this case I suggest making the entrance smaller so that the player has to stop on a certain tile, make that tile an event triggered by player touch.

then use event commands to move the camera, to give a move route to the other event making it run away, then two switches to switch both events off to invisible pages that can't be touched again.

basic eventing, you should work through some of the tutorials on eventing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!
Wait wait wait. Is watermelon a fruit?
Huh, 7k downloads of my ****ty icons. That's more then I ever expected xD
User of Mv3d/ Mz3d and Rosse engine. New Resource Pack on development "Halloween Stones" . Leave ideas about what you want to see on this package. :)
SetPreview.jpg
Looking at Code abd knowing that it made sense at one time. Ugh..why did I ever stop? Well I guess it will come back to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidmichael