SkyePanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone.

I am trying to make an NPC event with a choice element and a conditional branch.

For some reason the NPC isn't in the game when I test it.

Please help me

Screenshots of event1.JPG 2.JPG
Screenshot of map where NPC should show up.

3.JPG

Attachments

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
You set a switch as condition. Is the switch activated?

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to turn on switch 8 beforehand, or just remove that condition

SkyePanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi thank you both for responding, sorry for late reply. JGreene, where should I put turn switch 8 on? I want to have it so that if you pick the first condition it will set off another event. Thank you again

SkyePanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is screenshots of follow on event if that helps to explain what I'm trying to do, is that what is messing it up? Thanks again! :kaoluv:

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the follow-up event, the switch needs to be checked as conditional and NOT as conditional branch.
In the original event, you need to remove the switch from conditional of the first page but keep it in the controlling switch command.

Consider the conditions to be the lock that blocks something, and the controlling switch command the key that opens the lock. What you originally did was locking away the event with the key inside it so that no one could open it.
But it is the follow-up event that you want to be blocked away until the switch is applied, not the original one.

SkyePanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much Andar, I know this is probably a stupid question but where do I turn on the switch on the original event so that it only happens if you choose the elders option and not the goodbye option? sorry I'm such a noob

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But you already did that correctly - the control switch command in your original screenshot already does this.
Your problem is that you did two things where only one was needed, so just remove the check from the checkbox of the switch and that event will work correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IronWario