ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a scenerio where I need an NPC to follow the player from point a to point b, but not show up in battle and I have show followers turned off. I've tested eventing it with a simple move route "move towards player" but that could end up blocking the player. What I want is for the NPC to behave like a follower and try to stay behind the player. I did a search of the plugins and didnt find one that does this but I could have missed it.

Edit: i'm assuming that I would need a plugin for this, which is why i posted in the request forum but if it can be done through eventing let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I assume you have other party members but you don't want them to follow? Because you could just add the NPC to the party and then remove them when you want to stop following, if you turned followers on.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
You could Set the event to through so it won't block passability. Unless you want to be able to 'speak' with the npc... then you need plugin.

Edit: you could also use pathfinding plugin such as shaz's... and pathfind the event to behind player. But still you need to set it to through or it will still block player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ