BroSpeak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all!

This is probably the simplest thing to do in RPG Maker MV, but it's the only thing I can't figure out how to do.
My NPC is in the middle of a room on Autorun. When my MC walks into the room, the NPC talks.
After this happens, I want my NPC to walk up, open the door, and walk through it. However, my NPC walks up, but get's stuck in front of the door. The door is on event touch, yet it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Done.png
    Done.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 29

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Product Discussion and Support is for issues to do with Resource Packs and dlc in general. "How do I ..." questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker MV [/move]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events never interact with other events.

You need one controlling event for the cutscene, and that should give remote move commands to both the NPC and the door event, to make it appear as if the NPC had Walker through the door.

Event touch trigger means "when the (moving) event touches the player" and is usually for monsters initiating combat when they catch the player.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.
Shin Megami Tensei V is really fun... and the music is sooo good.
*Saw a video of myself*
*Opens google*
*Search "How to delete my personality"*
Me: "I should make a quick prototype of my system to test early"
Also me: "Eh, drawing the character is more fun than actually making the game"
FFhEfyfUcAMOLjF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jirro