jordanblake

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, im wondering how to make a "simple" npc event, who ask you for some items like "gimme a sword and ill join you" and when you give him the "sword", the npc joins you,i really cant catch game variables and events still, i can imagine only the conditions.

regards.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wrote a full tutorial here about how to give a gift to a npc. It tells you how to set up the events to detect what item was given. You'll just have to edit it at the end so when the "sword" has been chosen, you add the npc to the party. (Event command page 1: Change Party Member) Hope this helps :kaoluv:

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Personally I think that's a horrible idea.
Why? Because, then the party members will not be fleshed out and fully implemented in the story. And stories are a big part of any game, and it can easily break them. Unless those character's join just for one mission, or so. And if that's the case: 1. That would be really time-consuming. 2. It would not be very balanced, especially if it's an open world game.
I would say, stick with your fleshed out and developed party members.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jordanblake
If you don't understand variables, I suggest you play the variables guide - that is a game done in Ace, but MV works exactly the same.
And you'll need to understand variables if you ever want to do a more complex quest at all.

One place where you can find the variable guide is inside my "starting point" tutorial, just follow the link in my signature.

Frostblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
if you make a special conditions script of having a sword and an else tab then it should go something like this

Special condition: must have sword
if not: Say something like: I need a sword or I won't join you
If does: take away sword (1) and add actor to party

jordanblake

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks every one for the reply,the @Rhino tutorial is more but perfect for what i want to do, thanks for all and this post is SOLVED.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, looks like I need to build myself a quest system. Or really just a system for "Helpful voices" to talk to the player. I'm sure nothing will go wrong listening to them.... They're "helpful". :LZSwink:

Should be pretty easy with PIXI just letting me write all over the screen. :LZSexcite:
I'm starting to think I just dont like anime since the last one I enjoyed was none of them.
Hi guys, Im new here. Im using RPGMMV. In this community i would like to learn more and become better rpg developer.
The main character for the first game was originally going to become a member of the party in the third game but I'm probably changing him to an important NPC instead. That brings the third game's total ensemble roster down to nine with one optional secret character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dudoanxsmb