fantaseafox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I am just starting out with RPG Maker MV.
I am trying to do the simplest of events, making a stationary NPC that has dialogue when interacted with.
But the NPC event graphic will not show up on the map.

I was under the impression that if there were no conditions the event should always be present?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    435.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    612.6 KB · Views: 13

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is that screenshot from you starting a new game or from you loading a saved game?
a savegame contains the current map, and any changes to that map made after the savefile will only load if the player leaves the map and reenters, or if a new game is started.

second possibility is that you made the mistake and deployed into the same folder as your project is - that will redirect all future playtests to the old deployed version instead of the current data until you repair your project.

fantaseafox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is that screenshot from you starting a new game or from you loading a saved game?
a savegame contains the current map, and any changes to that map made after the savefile will only load if the player leaves the map and reenters, or if a new game is started.

second possibility is that you made the mistake and deployed into the same folder as your project is - that will redirect all future playtests to the old deployed version instead of the current data until you repair your project.
It's from the play test option during game creation.
I made a new project and the play tests are updating with the game now.
From what it sounds like, the second scenario was exactly my problem.

Thank you so much!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's from the play test option during game creation.
the playtest gets you to the title screen, and on the titlescreen you have the option to either start a new game or to continue a saved game. That is what the first option is about - both are playtests.

the second scenario was exactly my problem.
if the second case (deployment into project directory) was the case, then you need to repair the project before it becomes usable again - that does not go away from itself, and for the future you should never deploy into your project directory.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OMEGASS