NPC won't talk to me

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Super n00b problem here, but I can't figure it out. I have an NPC that when you click on him, he talks. Except this one doesn't. The character faces away from the player initially and the start of the conversation is him wrapping up another conversation, he then turns down and talks to the player character. When I click on him, his sprite flickers very quickly to the down position, then back up and says nothing. There are no conditions set on his page, no conditional branches in the conversation. The character has the walking and direction fix boxes checked (to keep him from turning down immediately when he's clicked on, the turn down is called by a set move route in the convo), trigger is action button, priority is same as characters. This is like THE most basic thing and for the life of me I can't figure out why it won't work.
It DID work at one point.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One screenshot of the event explains the problem better than any n00b can. Are there some plugins in your project that might influence it btw.?

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Post a screenshot of the event here. And it might sound weird, but it has happened to me before that perfectly fine events didn't work for no reason. Remaking them again did work though.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Screenshot it is then. And I have plenty of plugins, but nothing that should affect it, particularly when it was already working prior to today. I'm using Lecode's TBS and the Yanfly plugins that came with the demo for that (Core Engine, Battle Engine, BuffsStatesCore, Skillcore, X Skill Cooldowns and EventMiniLabel). I've also added Alistair's Mana Shield, Yanfly's Equip Core (currently disabled), and Hime's Equip Slots Core and Enemy Equips. The most recent addition is Yanfly's WeaponAnimation plugin.
Every dialogue prior to this is part of autorun events that work fine, this is the first player activated dialogue.Capture.PNG

Honker

Mikan
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see that the event has two pages, is the second page activated by a switch/variable?

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:/ It should work. there's nothing fancy about it like conditions or switches... How about turning all plugins off and testing again? You can do that by selecting the first plugin and clicking the last while holding shift.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suspect the second page is at fault too. MV picks the highest eligible page to be active.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Like I said, n00b question. The second page was indeed the culprit, once I assigned the proper condition it is working as it should.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And that's why screenshots describe the problem better than any n00b can. They omit the most important info. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordLycan95