NPCs movement

Iabtr

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is not the right place to ask it but I couldn't find any other thread where sprite movement is involved.I am new to RPG maker and its my first project.......I am making a military training base and I want to place two soldiers facing each other and moving one step back and forward but together.No matter what I do at some points the sprites just delay movement creating a gap in between.I have already seen this in many RPG games I have played........so I know it's possible but just can't figure out how to do it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved your post to its own thread.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you please show screenshots of your events so we can see what you're doing to move each one?

If you use alt+printscreen, it will capture everything we need to see, without extra crud that's just going to make the image smaller and harder to read.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if both events are set to the same update rate and speed, and if both events have the same move route, and *even* if there's a coordinator event sending commands to those events, the transmission is linear, meaning one event will always be updated one frame before the next.

that, assuming both events in question have contiguous IDs.
if not, several other events could be being updated in between, while one is moving and the other is not.

if both events are right in front of one another, that delay will cause one event to bump into the other, and stop.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, photos taken with phones are bad at the best of times, and those are awful quality. We can't see some of the most important stuff on there.

From the little bits I CAN see, you have an autonomous move route on each event (custom on one and approach on the other) - there's no way they're going to move in unison. They both also have move routes in the event commands, which are not going to happen until the events are triggered, and when they do, they'll conflict with the autonomous move routes. And an action button trigger on one of them, and I can't see the other.

Please wait until you can take a screenshot, and post them up. Also post screenshots of the autonomous move route on the 'custom' one.

It might be worth doing some tutorials, because you've got a pretty decent mess there and maybe need to learn about move routes in event commands, autonomous move routes, and event triggers.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above, your biggest problem is that you're using both autonomous movement and set move route command.
You'll need to know that each event can have only one move route at any given time, and both autonomous movement and set move route command are two different ways to set that one move route.
Using both ways means that the move route itself is constantly overwritten from one or the other origin, and you'll never be able to tell which source is now responsible for the currently active move route.

Both ways are valid because they have different uses and advantages, but you can't use them at the same time.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try making a parallel event with set move routes for both events and only add a wait on the last one like this:

>move event 1 left
>move event 2 right (wait)
>move event 1 right
>move event 2 left (wait)
>wait X frames (so the parallel doesnt run too much)

This is the best way i have found to move 2 or more events simultaneously and "synced" though i always do it on cutscenes so its an autorun instead of a parallel chain, dont know how well will this approach work on parallel background npc animations but its worth the try.

Reactions: Bex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrogScholar