RolandGAMES

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello!

I wanted to make a Dating Sim kind of game where you play as a young teen, which moved to a new town blablabla.

It should be inspired mostly by Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley (without farming) but I have a problem:

Is there any possible way to make a NPC move around on a (not TO a!) map the player is not on in the moment? I want to have a time system and people walking through the town or the woods or something, but when they dissapear from the map they are on, they won't walk on a different map (tried witch some switches but didn't work, they only started to walk when the player was visiting the other map)

I don't think that I could make a giant map or a map where it only looks like you would change the map, because I think it would lag very much.

Is there any plugin or way to do this?

(I'm not sooo good in english - when you can speak in german, feel free to answer in it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, you can't - but it should not be neccessary.

After all, you have only events pretending to be NPCs, not NPCs themselves.

Which means that the player does not need to (and can't see them walking on another map anyway, you just need to time where they are when the player really enters that other map.

There are several ways to do that, but not by plugin, because you can't have the events walk on a non-existing map. You need to calculate where they would be at any given time sequence, and then have them transferred to that point when the player enters that map.

RolandGAMES

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I already thought about that. I hoped that there would be another way, but it seems like I have no other choice haha.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaoVietYan