Denisowator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to make NPCs with sound effects looping, and for those effects to change volume based on how far away the player is from that NPC (event).

For example, if you're in a dark cave and can barely see. I'd want to attach a footstep sound to the NPCs' event, and loop it. And also have the sound get quieter when getting away from the NPC, and louder when getting closer.

I have been looking and googling on the internet for at least 2 hours, but found absolutely nothing.

Also, after looking around and trying out the Event Commands for the past hour, I'm having a feeling this might only be achievable with scripts. I just wanted to get clarification, in case there is a way to do it with the commands.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This can be done by eventing, using a whole string of parallel processes, but it is not something that I would recommend for a new user, as one badly designed parallel process will cause huge lag problems.

Maybe, though, someone knows another way.

Denisowator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've actually been using the XP version for a good 6 years, but then I took a break for at least 5. I've used VX Ace for a little over a few months, and now got back into it after a few years.

But I've never done anything (that I remember) to do with parallel processes. And good thing you mentioned the possible lag issue, if done incorrectly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.
Shin Megami Tensei V is really fun... and the music is sooo good.
*Saw a video of myself*
*Opens google*
*Search "How to delete my personality"*
Me: "I should make a quick prototype of my system to test early"
Also me: "Eh, drawing the character is more fun than actually making the game"
FFhEfyfUcAMOLjF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yam22