MakerZeroOne

Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so i've played a recent rpg maker game, and some of the cut scenes have message boxes that take up the entire screen. How do i emulate this?

I'm using Yanflys message core, and the plugin command for message rows does not seem to be working for me.
example...

Event page:
*Plugin Command: MessageRows 6
*Text:
-
-
-
-

(ONLY 4 EFFING LINES!)

i'm a nub, and a burgeoning author. i only got this thing a little bit ago. and i have no coding or scripting experience... i don't even know what HEX means so, you may have to pretend you are speaking to an infant... but if you patronize me i will show up to your front porch with a brown paper baggie filled with a bear trap, and light it on fire...(because that would be HILARIOUS). cheers and thanks! :)

Also, please forgive if i posted in the wrong area or say bad things.. i'm a walking faux pas, and i don't forum things very often.

also, if this is already answered elsewhere, please redirect... google's not giving me very efficient results. i get all of this techno mumbo jumbo from people who have obviously advanced beyond the whole "use events to make npc's talk dur hur." stage....

also again, warper? wtf did this forum just call me?! i demand an explanation or EVERYONE is getting water ballooned with superglue!

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MakerZeroOne Hi and welcome! We ask members not to double post - that is post right after yourself if no one else has replied - therefore I've merged your posts. The exception is bumping your post after 72 hours.

I'm also going to move this to Plugin Support, since you are asking for help with a Plugin.

MakerZeroOne

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MakerZeroOne Hi and welcome! We ask members not to double post - that is post right after yourself if no one else has replied - therefore I've merged your posts. The exception is bumping your post after 72 hours.

I'm also going to move this to Plugin Support, since you are asking for help with a Plugin.
Aye aye. Captain. i hope you at least got a lul from it :) thanks!

MakerZeroOne

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a Screenshot of your Plugin manager.
Yanfly's Plugins need to be in the correct order, if you placed them in the wrong order that can disrupt their function.

Additionally, please give a Screenshot of the event where you tried to give the Plugin command. Sometimes an error (especially typo's) get corrected when code is rewritten here...

MakerZeroOne

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a Screenshot of your Plugin manager.
Yanfly's Plugins need to be in the correct order, if you placed them in the wrong order that can disrupt their function.

Additionally, please give a Screenshot of the event where you tried to give the Plugin command. Sometimes an error (especially typo's) get corrected when code is rewritten here...

Hey Andar, nice to meet ya.

Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png

Is this what you are asking for?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best guess is that you misunderstood the Plugin.
It can give you more rows in the game, but NOT in the editor.
Currently your text data in that event is only four lines, give several text commands with a total of more lines and check if that is then reorganized into your six lines.
After all, nothing can display six lines of text if the entire event has only four lines...

MakerZeroOne

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you're saying that if i change the message rows to 6 or more, then whatever I type will show up in 6 or more row boxes when playing, but i still need to use multiple show text events to make that happen?

example

Plugin Command: MessageRows 6
Text: none, window, bottom
: : yada line 1
: : yada line 2
: : yada line 3
: : yada line 4
Text: none, window, bottom
: :yada line 5
: :yada line 6

and it should show one text box, without a face, with all 6 yada lines?

Edit: YES! it all makes sense now. Problem clarified and solved. it was indeed user error. Thanks Andar!

For anyone else reading this, i've found the easiest way to use this plugin is to type everything out in wordpad, paste it into a text box with batch entry clicked, wordwrapenabled, and as many message rows as you desire. too many "show text" events seems to confuse the plugin...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...
I'm so back and forth on pre-ording MZ. I can totally wait for a better deal down the road (since I don't need the extras and waiting to see how YEP plugins turn out) but there's something about the fun in playing with "a new toy".
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkyfat