Nun Habit/Veil Generator Parts (MV)

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by KRS, Oct 22, 2018.

1. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've been looking for MV generator parts for a Nun for quite a long time and have had trouble finding any, specifically a veil and I was hoping that someone could help my out by either pointing me towards and existing resource or possibly taking time to create one. (I know that's a big ask)
    Edit: The Nun in question is one of the three central characters of my project and I'm after a full set including face parts.

Resource Type: Generator part/Face (resolved)/TV (semi-resolved)/SV/TVD)

Maker Format: RPG Maker MV

Art Style: Something to fit the standard Generator style

Description: I'm mostly looking for a white veil like below but a black one would be good as well, I'm not sure if It would require an Accessory for the head part and a clothing resource for the neck and shoulders part though.

Reference Images:
    FRANCISCAN-NUNS-VEIL-SET-nuns-veilsnuns-veilnuns-habitsnun.jpg the-nun-s-story-audrey-hepburn-1959_a-l-13186980-8363144.jpg
    Thank your for hearing me out and for your consideration.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I haven't the time to look around, but I am fairly certain someone has made one around and about on the forums..

Keep searching! :)

-MIA

3. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There is a Priestess Robe in Rhino's thread and there are veils for other versions of RPG Maker but I've never found a proper Veil for MV and I've looked quite a lot.

4. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know that there's a character model (the characters folder; people2.png) that has a nun-esque character.

Now--I am in no way very good at doing this--but I could try and separate the pieces and recolor them. That way you could place them on top of a character you would make. Though--forgive me if this is not what you were looking for. Also, there wouldn't be any generator parts for face portraits either... someone with skill would have to do that; something which I lack.

EDIT: Also did find this: Nuns

According to the creator's terms; you would just need to credit them for it. They allow it for commercial as well. Again, sorry if this is not what you were looking for. I understand you want it for use in the generator; however, I couldn't find anything on my search either.

Using these, you could easily change eye color, and add some hair--but unfortunately, no portraits.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @samkfj I'm not sure how well that would work but it's worth a shot, thanks for the effort. (I'm not an expert or anything)
    Right now I'm working backwards through the 38 pages of resource threads to check if I've missed anything as M.I.A suggested I should do, up to page 23 now and nothing yet, I'll keep looking though.

samkfj likes this.
  6. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @KRS I apologize, I gave incorrect information because I didn't read your request right. You are right that there is the Priest/Priestess SV Battlers, but not the Generator Part for the Habit, just the robes. If you are decent at editing, you could snub out the Face/Head parts and use just the Habit. Also, although it's not technically a free-resource, if you purchase the game Oh! RPG! (available on Steam), the data includes the Nun edit from the game that is available to use in your projects.. and she has a different style Habit.

[​IMG]

Sorry about my confusion. :)
    -MIA

Attached Files:

• Nun.png
      Nun.png
      File size:
      6.9 KB
      Views:
  7. GalacticGod

GalacticGod Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just made one based off the RTP for you but it should work in the Generator:

icon_Clothing_p950
    icon_Clothing_p950.png

TV_AccB_p950
    TV_AccB_p950.png

TV_AccB_p950_c
    TV_AccB_p950_c.png

You should be able to color it white or black or whatever once in the generator.

Hope this helps.

8. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for these @GalacticGod they're great and I appreciate the work you put in (they'll definitely come in handy) that said perhaps I should elaborate more on what I'm after here, the nun I need these generator parts for is one of the three central characters in my project so I'm after a full set (especially a face part) I think I should edit the OP to reflect that.

I also realise I might need to go into commission territory for something like this but I just wanted to check here first in case I'd missed something, I seem to stumble upon things I missed every few days on some obscure part of the internet.

9. GalacticGod

GalacticGod Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KRS - Okay I took another stab at it:

icon_Clothing_p950
    icon_Clothing_p950.png
    TV_Clothing1_p950
    TV_Clothing1_p950.png

Although this one will work in the Generator, you will not be able to change the color of the outfit.

Here is what it came out looking like from the Generator:
    Nuns.png

Hope this is more what you are looking for.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  10. WhereIsMyHeartsBeat

WhereIsMyHeartsBeat Digital Artist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am terrible with pixel work, so I can't help with the battlers, but I worked all afternoon on getting this right.
    Nun - Example.png
    The veil works like hair does, as I couldn't find another way to fit it well into the generator, but if you have bangs you want to show through, just tell me which one and I can edit a version of it for you.

(Original file no longer available, updated version can be found HERE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If using these assets, feel free to send me a link to your game when it is done.
    No need for open credits, but if people ask about them, please link them to me.

You must own RPGMaker MV in order to have the rights to use it.
    For commercial and non-commercial use.

Assets created by WhereIsMyHeartsBeat for RPGMaker MV.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    KRS and M.I.A. like this.
  11. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @WhereIsMyHeartsBeat thank you very much for this, these are great and I really appreciate the work you put in, I know I've asked a lot in this thread but is it possible for you to make a (color change) white version of this like the image in the OP? the black part doesn't change in the generator.
    @GalacticGod I'm sorry for not getting back to your second post, it must have slipped by me, these are really great and i'll definitely use them in generator. Since the outfit doesn't change in the generator is it possible for you to do a white version? I could try myself but I'm pretty sure I'll mess up the shading.

12. WhereIsMyHeartsBeat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will try my best.

KRS likes this.
  13. WhereIsMyHeartsBeat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All done, I really hope you like it. You now have an option of white, or white and black.
    As stated before, if you would like a certain type of bangs showing through, just let me know and I can make an alt. version with that for you.

White Veil.png Black Veil.png

Both of these can be found in a RAR file below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If using these assets, feel free to send me a link to your game when it is done.
    No need for open credits, but if people ask about them, please link them to me.

You must own RPGMaker MV in order to have the rights to use it.
    For commercial and non-commercial use.

Assets created by WhereIsMyHeartsBeat for RPGMaker MV.

Attached Files:

KRS likes this.
  14. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @WhereIsMyHeartsBeat this is perfect, thank you for going to the effort of making these (they're really good). As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this goes towards one of my three central characters so it's a pretty big deal for me to finally have resources like these available.
    I don't really have any need for an alternative but thanks for the offer, though if I think of anything I'll get in touch.

15. WhereIsMyHeartsBeat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am really glad you like it, I am considering attempting the sprites but I can't guarantee I will do a good job.

KRS likes this.