The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, I am looking for a script that adds a sort of counter to the screen for only a very specific maps.

What I mean is this: In my game, because it's an open world environment and takes place entirely within a (friendly) city, you cannot level up via normal means. To make up for this, I'm making a "Battle Simulator", which is a series of rooms designed specifically to level up. Each room has a fixed amount of enemies, and once all enemies are slain (without leaving the room) you are able to advance to the next "stage". If all enemies are NOT slain, then the room resets and you have to finish that one before you can unlock the next one.

What I'm looking for, is that in these "Battle Simulator" rooms (and these rooms only), a counter appears in the lower left hand corner of the map that keeps track of how many enemies you kill, and every time you kill an enemy it adds one point to the counter, when you leave and reenter the room, it resets the counter. Example, when you first enter the room on the first level of the arena, you have 10 enemies, so this counter will say "0/10". When you kill an enemy, any one of them (they're actual objects wandering the map, and interacting with one will trigger a battle) that counter would say "1/10", and so on, so forth. I'm thinking something like this (And yes, I know it's not RPG or RPG Maker related, but its a good example.)

Also, a picture is optional, though it would be cool if I can use one of the enemy sprites (maybe a wolf, or a skeleton, a ghost, whatever, with the stepping animations on) as the picture.

[IMG]http://i.gyazo.com/aa4185a7a04fab8962e0655204307c81.jpg[/IMG]

ArcaneEli

Mage of Thunder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The script name would be something like Variable Gauge/HuD, or Variable Display check the master script list,

I'm to lazy to do it at da moment.

The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found it, and it redirected me to his topic, but when I tried to access the demo (the only place the script seems available) I got a 404 from dropbox.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nesutokung