Obligatory Introduction

CasualJeff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello to anyone reading this, figured that I would write an introduction after seeing a spot for such posts exists. I'm very interested in using rpg maker to tell stories and after years of playing games made on the system am ready to give it a go. I don't know many technical terms though so hopefully forums like this will be a big help.

I am an artist (not professionally) and am interested in story telling so hopefully I can come up with something interesting to center a game around. My approach of meddling with things until they work is far from an optimal approach when it comes to making games but hopefully I pick up some skill.

CasualJeff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why would you put such pressure on the newbie? now he HAS to have fun! The horror! :p
I don't feel pressured. Only slightly intimidated due to my lack of knowledge when it comes to programming.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't feel pressured. Only slightly intimidated due to my lack of knowledge when it comes to programming.
Hah no worries, that is the main reason most here uses RPG maker (i'd imagine). I dont know anything about programming. Plenty of people who can program too ofc, and they are either very bored or very kind people because they answer just about anything, even questions you might think are dumb :p So just ask away when needed.

CasualJeff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hah no worries, that is the main reason most here uses RPG maker (i'd imagine). I dont know anything about programming. Plenty of people who can program too ofc, and they are either very bored or very kind people because they answer just about anything, even questions you might think are dumb :p So just ask away when needed.
I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions the second I attempt to implement a combat system. Until then I should be safe for the most part.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Willibab see i only shifted pressure from on thing to another more fun thing :p
But then you went and messed it up -.-
Lol

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Willibab see i only shifted pressure from on thing to another more fun thing :p
But then you went and messed it up -.-
Lol
Pfft! Trying to act all innocent with your warm and welcoming comment! IM ON TO YOU MISTAH! Im watching you....Like a frog, yes....I said frog. They are watching....They are watching us all o_O

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Pfft! Trying to act all innocent with your warm and welcoming comment! IM ON TO YOU MISTAH! Im watching you....Like a frog, yes....I said frog. They are watching....They are watching us all o_O
Watch long enough and i might even do a dance :p

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome! My project is more like a What If story I lived those Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up. I love how what you can do with RPG Maker varies so much. I think you'll like it a lot. :)

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hello hello! welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings! Best of luck on your artistic endeavors~!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pliskin