RMMV Oblivion Tales (prototype) [Update #4]

SirGatling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Disclaimer: it's not shown yet but the game deals with topics relate vary slightly with sectarian and religious themes.

¡Hi! :D I want to show you the concept of a game that I'm working pretty hard on it, it's my first serious project, made it with the RTP but I have te intentions to add unique Assets later. For now, I only have the things on paper and a prototype with a barely worked concept of the game mechanics. ¡Hope you like it!

I'm from Mexico and the game it's made primarily in Spanish but I'm working to bring it in English quickly as well, the English updates for the moment I will post them in this forum, the Spanish updates are posted in my Facebook and Instagram.

Actually, I'm using "Yanfly engine", "SumRndmDde plugins", and diverse assets that I bought in the steam store

FEATURES:

BATTLE STYLE
I decided to use the Default Battle per Turn system of the RM cause I enjoy the system and offer the opportunity to take with calm your decision and plan carefully the next attack

UNIQUE HEROES, UNIQUE ROLES
Each character on the game has his own set of abilities that made him different from the others, granting great opportunities to build your strategy around the capacity of the heroes.

A HEROIC ROSTER
In the prototype, you can play with 4 characters but there is ¡16 character planned for the game! , everyone with their unique abilities and different mechanics.

IT'S ALL ON THE SKILL
Using the attack command is a quick and very good strategy and your last resource when the character it's out of mana but in Oblivion Tales your main resource of damage and utilities in any situation are the abilities that are divided into 2 categories Techniques (Focused primarily in physical damage) and Elemtaris (Focused on elemental damage).

CHOOSE YOUR ABILITIES
¡Equipment is the mainframe for your characters! based on what are you carrying you can access to different abilities that construct the game style you want to confront the danger

I'M NOT THE MAGE, YOU'RE THE MAGE
The world of Oblivion Tales deletes the sorcerer class from the equation to make it part of their universe in a more deep concept, granting the capacity for everyone equipped with an elemental stone or an imbued crystal to cast powerful spells to deal or heal damage.

NO LIMITS IN THE EQUIPMENT
For the exception of some unique heroes equipment, all of the characters have access to equip every weapon, armor, and accessory available in the game.

MORE THAN JUST STATS
Each piece of equipment offers different advantages in the battle, a sword grants you different abilities than an Axe and a helmet gives you utilities while the armor is the core defensive stat equipment

THE PLOT:

All start with the Essen, a mystery energy around the world who nobody knows where they came from but is the essence of life and it's encountered in any rock, plant, beasts, animal, and human. Being able to manifest on everyone who has the knowledge or proper training, the Essen grants him the capacity to empower certain aspects of the user, making him a good tool for the everyday worker or the strongest support for the weapon of a soldier.

Their origin of this energy is lost along with the words of the ancestors and only a few have the blessing to know the past; Sadly these scholars are not recognized to being peacefully and for a long time the Imperial Keepers and the Disowned Sectarian were the protagonists of a heartless war who put on risk the life of the other villages, towns, and kingdoms of the world. With the past of the decades, the cruel fire of conflict vanished as the memories and reasons for what the fight started, and now the 2 ancestral factions live in a tense cold war meanwhile the civilization tries to advance for a better day.

The world learned to coexist in the slight chaos from the ancestral factions but recently the echoes of the past are resonating once again and the fear covers the skies of Cinis, only the right man in the wrong place can change this, creating alliances, forging ties and making whatever their have in hands to stop the cracked plans of the keepers and the sectarian.

Note: The story also involves the
elemental stones, powerful crystal that store part of the element energy and can be unleashed in multiples ways, but this is more part of the worldbuilding than the plot.

PROTOTYPE:

Here is the link to download the prototype, it's very simple but I hope to explain well some of the mechanics.
¡Every feedback you can make is well received and many thanks if you decide to support my game! :hswt:

Oblivion Tales Prototype

Last edited:

SirGatling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE [26/07/2020]:

- I'm developing the demo, there is no specific release date for the moment.

- Added the Stat Spec feature: Every character receives a buff to certain stats, scaling the flat amount given from the weapon or armor that is equipped giving the possibility to reinforce character strengths or cover his weak points.

Playable characters (1-8):

Alex (The Worldwalker) Alex Presentation.png

The player's avatar in the adventure, from an unknown origin it's the right guy in the worst place. I use one of RTP actors to create the character cause fits perfect with the idea of a default hero, capable of changing his gender and name, with a good balance of Stat Specs the player can choose his game style, building a bulky warlock o maybe creating a high damage assassin that has abilities to restore allies health.

Osiro (The Ironstorm)Osiro Presentation.png

An experimental soldier who deserted from the Imperial Keepers, equipped with a powerful armor that uses a new type of elemental stone, Osiro is a tough tank with high Stat Specs on his health points (Vitality), magic defense(Will) and magic attack(Spirit) able to harass the enemy with damage per turn while protecting the party with counterattack's shields

Zaot (The Búr Khan Beastmaster)Zaot Presentation.png

From a distant tribe in the mountains, Zaot, and her faithful meta-beast partner Canela are skilled hunters who recognize the power of the Herd being the reason why they possess abilities to improve the damage of the team, with that and Stat Specs on the attack(Strength), Agility, and defense(Endurance) Zaot it is a good offense support who works very well in any composition.

Kyoki (The Armies Reaper)Kyoki Presentation.png

No one knows where he came from but it's recognized worldwide for using strange arts capable to summoning corrupted creatures who swarm the enemy forces, as a necromancer Kyoki lacks of Stat Specs but due to the strong connection with his aberrations he can gain permanent stats every time summon or kill on one of them.

Mia Cullen (Obice's Hearth) Mia Cullen Presentation.png

Rebel's group leader located on Cinis, Mia is a bulky fighter who controls the chaos provoked by the 2 ancient factions using her Max Health % damage abilities and Stat Specs on health points(Vitality), attack(Strength), defense(Endurance), and magic defense(Will). The perfect choice to destroy tanky enemies.

Feda (The Wild Fort)Feda Presentation.png

A member from a group of bandits, Feda is an Offensive Tank who likes to be the first in the combat gaining natural aggro from the enemies and his best way to protect allies it's disabling the rivals with stun and knock-ups while dealing damage with defense scaling abilities thanks to his Stat Specs on defense(Endurance) and magic defense(Will).

Kanda (The Wild Assassin)Kanda Presentation.png

Feda's sister and the cheerful youngest member of the bandits' group, Kanda excels with great Stat Specs on her attack(Strength), magic attack(Spirit), and Agility but the true power of an assassin lies on her abilities who deal more damage based on the objective's missing health, wiping out enemies quickly before they counterattack.

Mize (The Feathered Fury)Mize Presentation.png

¿Who would think that a simple food delivery man can be so dangerous? passionate for his job, Mize it's a swift fighter whose speed is the main core for his power, with massive Stat Spec on Agility and scaling abilities using this stat no one could match the speed of Mize and his team.

In the next update, I will share the remaining character ¡Hope you have a nice day! :ptea:

SirGatling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE [02/08/2020]:

- Added the Crafting feature: a very very simple mechanic that allows you to craft armors and weapons

SCREENSHOTS (You will see some of the SS with Spanish text because it's the default language but I'm gonna bring the demo in both, Spanish and English.)
(Idk if it's a post problem or me who don't know how to upload images lul, but I see some of the screenshots are not displayed correctly when open the thread so I made an IMGUR account to upload the images in case you don't see anything, sorry for the inconvenience :rswt)

Link to the IMGUR post:
Oblivion Tales Screenshots 1

Captura pantalla 1.PNG

Captura pantalla 2.PNG

Captura pantalla 3.PNG

Captura pantalla 4.PNG

Captura pantalla 5.PNG

Captura pantalla 6.PNG

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS (9 - 16):
(Idk if it's a post problem or me who don't know how to upload images lul, but I see some of the screenshots are not displayed correctly when open the thread so I made an IMGUR account to upload the images in case you don't see anything, sorry for the inconvenience:rswt )

Link to the IMGUR post:
Oblivion Tales Playable Characters (9 - 16)

Leonardo ( Ballistic Ace) Leonardo Presentation.png
Expert on the use of new and experimental "Iron-Spitter" weaponry, Leonardo it's a versatile damage dealer with Stat Specs on attack (Strength) and luck who takes advantage of their abilities to increase the critical chance of him and their allies covering any situation thanks to the different types of Iron-Spitter available.

Nyansung (Teosung Matriarch) Nyansung Presentation.png
The most recent daughter of the ancestral Teosung family, Nyan is the main healer character who excels very well revitalizing the VP and EP of allies with her magic points (Essen) scale abilities and high Stat Specs on this stat, depending on which amulet are equipped, Nyan can revive allies, fully restore the party or contribute in the damage.

Megara (The Cheerful Bite) Megara Presentation.png
Born with a gift rejected by her kind and well-distributed Stat Specs on everything, Megara it's a fighter who scales in the larger conflicts, absorbing the foe's power with abilities that reduce his stats and increase Megara ones for the rest of the battle, sadly the damage of this abilities are pretty weak and she's gonna need a good weapon to success.

Kanon (The Maskeray's Recruit) Kanon Presentation.png
Recognized for their peculiar "Masks" weapons Kanon it's a recent member of the Maskeray's forces who utilizes different types of Masks to empower elemental resistances (like decreasing fire damage resistance of the enemies and increasing the fire damage resistance of the allies), with that and good Stat Specs on magic attack (Spirit), defense (Endurance), and magic defense (Will), Kanon it's a very good choice to exploit the rivals weakness.

Oriceles (Master of the Clay) Oriceles Presentation.png
From the distant lands of Munerah, Oriceles It's a traveler who only wants to entertain the people using his living clay creations but when the danger approach, based on the compendium equipped he can summon mighty Golems to fight along with him and the party with the only problem of he needs some time to create them, but in that difficult cases, Oriceles can survive very well alone thanks to his Stat Spec on health point (Vitality), magic point (Essen), attack (Strength) and magic attack (Spirit).

Levis (The Dragon's Arrow) Levis Presentation.png
A veteran Worldwalker passionate for the adventure, Levis is a character-heavily focused on dealing damage concentrating all of his Stat Spec on the attack with the purpose to max the potential of his true damage abilities using the bow, the only issue lies in that Levis needs ammunition in the bag to be able of using them.

Luna (The Psycomantic Lady) Luna Presentation.png
The best student of her generation in the Antalium Psicomantic Academy, Luna it's a character who lacks in damage potential but with her abilities focused on apply upgraded negative status effect, she turns in a very oppressive threat who negate most of the enemy's offense and is capable of surviving a few attacks thanks to her Stat Specs on Heath point (Vitality), defense (Endurance), magic defense (Will), and Luck.

Elizabeth (The Enthusiastic Painter) Karen Presentation.png
With the dream of portraying the beauty of the world, Elizabeth travels around the globe to fulfill her goal, affronting the dangers she encounters only using parchment and ink, dealing a special type of magic damage that increase their power based on how much stacks of "artistic stain" have applied to the enemies, with that and Stat Specs on magic attack (Spirit) and Agility makes Elizabeth a peculiar but strong attacker

Hope you like these new stuffs :D, see you in the next update. ¡Have a nice day everybody! :ptea:

Last edited:

SirGatling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE [08/08/2020]

- My brother is helping me with some artwork making this logo for the game, hope you like it :D
(If you have trouble displaying the SS you can access to the IMGUR link below)

Oblivion Tales Logo

oblivion tales logo.png

- Moar screenshots (first village and 3 fields zones)
(If you have trouble displaying the SS you can access to the IMGUR link below)

Oblivion Tales Screenshots #2

Captura pantalla 7.PNG

Captura pantalla 8.PNG

Captura pantalla 9.PNG

Captura pantalla 10.PNG

Captura pantalla 11.PNG

- I planned the game as an open world and every zone on the map (exception cities, villages, and buildings interior) is a 50 x 50 chunk where you can freely explore without limitations being the only impediment some obstacles that unlock in the progress of the main history or sidequests.

It's all for the moment, maybe in the next update, I'm gonna write more in depth about the game mechanics or the history, if anyone has a question about some feature of the game or anything else every feedback is well received. ¡Hope you have a nice day of RPG making! :ptea:

SirGatling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE [17/08/2020]

¡Hello everyone!, today I'm gonna talk about some interesting things in the world of my game:

In ESSENce everything till the same

The people of the world of Oblivion Tales are similar to us except for one little detail, they're not driven by the blood, in fact, the blood doesn't exist, all the living thing in this world exist thanks to the Essen, a mystery energy with peculiar benefits granting the capacity to create in most of the cases healing techniques but also can be used to improve the crops, strong the force of your weapon or in extreme cases duplicate some element. Sadly the Essen it's not the elixir of eternal life and the habitants of this world still facing death and tragedy but at least the energy paired with the elemental stones gives them tools to advance and make easier their lives. But such positive energy as the Essen has their counterpart...

The CORRUPTed face of the tales

Corruption is another energy who came a long time ago but is younger than the Essen, works as the opposite part of him degrading the life and altering everything he touches, when the Corruption clash with Essen in origin state a singular effect occurs that petrify the 2 elements in the process, this occurs every time in the environment but in contact with some living thing as a plant or a human the effect can change; Depending on the mass of each one, the creature can be fully petrified or fall into a state of disease that over time slowly will transform it in a madness beast capable of destroying everything in their path, this illness it's still feared in the actual time but someones take advantage of this effect to create powerful creatures knows as "Meta - Beasts" or "Aberrations".

The Main Region

Cinis
is the region where all the events of Oblivion Tales will take place, a vast land filled with a variety of Kingdoms and cities who sadly they have seen better days. With a chaotic past linked to the war of the 2 ancestral factions, got that name because is the remanent of a growing and peaceful memory, consumed from the hatred flames, but their habitats don't lose the hope for a better day trying to move on, ignoring the eternal conflict and defending themselves for the coming problems.

In the Game's present-day the 2 ancestral factions are making noise again fueling the fear from the leaders of the region, they're not prepared to hold another conflict like the past but maybe this time a stranger from a nowhere place can be the key to stop the madness of the Imperial Keepers and the Disowned Sectarian.

The Antaliums

Anthropomorphic creatures who coexist with the Humans since the beginning, The Antaliums are an enigmatic race that in the past were strongly linked with the wildlife giving them their unique furry aspect but now they rise alongside the humans cooperating side by side, this race doesn't control the Essen as the humans do, in fact, they control this energy in a more physical way manipulating the inner force of the user or the target to strengthen or weaken them, this makes the antaliums an important piece to the medical area discovering more ways to manipulate the Essen with the purpose of creating better healing techniques.

Elemental stones

Thanks to the Essen, the planet create some particular species of crystals called "Sortrams" these crystals have the special effect of absorbing any element and storage them like a battery, later depending on the physical interaction with the sortram the element can be expulsed in different ways, a constant pressure will make the element expelled frequently and controlled but hitting them hard will cause a violent reaction that in some cases break the crystal, the sortrams are commonly named as "Elemental stones" due to the primal elements that are used to fill them and because in the past the only way to get one was to be formed by the environment but with a long time of knowledge and learning the sortrams became the principal tool for the mankind technology, used in many ways to supply amenities like creating fountains to give water to the cities using water stones, or using fire stones to candle campfires, lamps, stoves and machines in the advanced kingdoms also the stone are very popular as a weapon using their properties to create a variety of powerful attacks called Elemtaris being a type of ability heavily specialized for some people or kingdoms like the Maskerays. The whole modern lifestyles are thanks to the sortrams that are becoming the pillar of advancement.

Hope you like all of the features that compose the world of Oblivion Tales, every question you want to make about something are well received :D, in the next update I'm gonna write about how the weapons and armors work in the game giving you the chance of creating your own game style.

¡Have a nice day everybody! :ptea:

SirGatling

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[Update 29/08/2020]

Hello again fellas, I'm again here to talk about more in-depth concepts that I have for my game, today is the turn for weapons and armor. ¡hope you like it!

(Note: Apologies for no bumping the last week, I dealing with some personal problems but I'm already putting the things in order to keep with the development)

- Before start, wanna tell you I change a little bit the Luck stat, renaming it Dominance, the purpose of this stat aside of the default RM effect is granting scaling to most of the consumables or some weapons (like the Iron Spitters).

- Oh also I want to show you the mapping for the first village and farm ( I have more maps but I would like to wait a little bit more until i get a good bunch of mappings to show it in a great bundle )
If you have trouble displaying the SS can you see it in the IMGUR link below

FIrst Village and first farm

"Gyfra"

Gyfra.PNG

"Polet"

Polet.PNG

Ok now the good stuff. I want to give the players the possibility to come out victorious with any Type of weapons pushing him away from the situation of stuck with a sword, only because have great stats and the term "Legendary" on it, in the first post on the thread, I wrote about how every weapon is unique because grants you different abilities in base of the equipped one but if you want more specific explain:

Straight Swords: Straigt Sword.PNG

Jack of all trades, well balanced option who gives you a small amount on most of the stats and grants you powerful techniques that cover many of the situations.

Axes: Axe.PNG

A good aggressive option that increases your Strenght and gives you abilities focused on life stealing

Spears: Spear.PNG

A type of weapon that slightly increases Strenght and Spirit with excellent abilities to ignore enemy defenses.

Hammers: Hammer.PNG

Strong weapon that heavily increases Strenght but reduces the Agility, equipped with abilities that apply incapacitate states like stun.

Dagger: Dagger.PNG

Quick weapon that increases in a small amount the Strenght but gives you high Agility, thanks to his multiple hits abilities daggers are perfect for proccing negative states like poison or critical hits

These 5 weapons types are gonna be available at the start of the game and you can choose which one use initially but with the game's progress, you will unlock more weapons types like the Steady Sword.

The armors also are an important point for your equipment, normally armors are stats splited in pieces but I would like to give them more weight in what they can offer and for that, each piece gives you a different passive bonus:

Headgear: Headgear.PNG

Basic protection to the head, depending on what headgear are you using you can receive VP, EP, or ULT regeneration per turn

Chestgear: Chestgear.PNG

The main resource of stats, heavy armor gives you tons of defense, light armor a balance of attack and defense and the ornament clothes sacrifice the defense for more offense stats.

Boots: Boots.PNG

This equipment is the only in charge of increasing your Agility but also depending on the boots can give you utilities like double de loot obtained or boost some stats by a certain percent

Secondary: Secondary 1.PNGSecondary 2.PNGSecondary 3.PNG

This slot is special, the weapons types mentioned before are referred to as "primary weapons" but in some cases, you will find equipment labeled as "secondary" where you can equip in this slot. Primarily is a good place for a shield that no offer any defensive stat but can reduce the incoming damage by a percent but maybe can be the perfect opportunity to equip some blade or staff that give more abilities to improve your offense or covering some weakness in your strategy.

Accesory: Accesory 1.PNGAccesory 2.PNGAccesory 3.PNG

The wildcard equipment, the accessories have the similarity of being the main resource of Dominance stat but on the other hand, each accessory has the job to improve some features of your characters, giving you critical strike chance, regeneration per turn, utilities, stat boosts or abilities. the accessory is a free choice perfect to customize even more your game style.

And thats all for today, I'm working hard in the demo and I spect getting it ready soon, in the next bump I'm gonna talk about the crafting system, very simple and not obligatory for progress in the game but high rewards if you use it.

¡Have a nice day everybody!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?
Well, the local collections agency is hiring... bleh. I'm not rude enough for them to hire me. Even the people they collect FOR don't like dealing with them. >.>
EA: "Kids are buying currency, not using money to gamble. It shouldn't be illegal!"
Me: "So... kids should be allowed into casinos to buy poker chips and not spend them at the blackjack table? Pretty sure, even buying currency used to gamble is illegal for children."
Been hard at work in photoshop working with MOG scripts for main menu & victory result screens, might do all my maps and Npc chatter this week too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurtkakes