Obsidian Dreams Beta 0.2

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Zahuranecs, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Zahuranecs

Zahuranecs Wanderer Member

First Language:
    English
    I have recently started working on an adventure game called Obsidian Dreams using the RPGMaker engine, and have decided to release the game as an open beta.

​
    [​IMG]

The idea behind Obsidian Dreams is that the player plays the role of a boy (whose default name is Lance) who must traverse between two separate realms/worlds, the real world and the dream world.  In the real world, the boy is just a run-of-the-mill high school student, but in the dream world, he is destined to become a mighty hero.  When traversing through the real world, the player will find that most of the people and objects they interact with can be found in real life, however, while in the dream world, the player will find objects and people that are beyond the reach of reality.  Additionally, there are muliple ways that the player will be able to enter the dream world, many of which can only be found through exploration and interaction.

In the real world, the player will travel through towns and cities, while fulfilling his daily needs and helping people run errands and other jobs that need to be finished around the real world. Some of the major places include the school, a department store, a library, an inn, and a pub.  There is also a plethora of minor characters and buildings strewn about the real world that can be interacted with and explored, so if you enjoy meandering around talking to people as you go, I have added NPC's for you talk to. In the dream world, a mix of different settings and features can be found, which change depending on what method was used to enter the dream world. Also, in the dream world, the player will meet people with different occupations, such as the alchemist and the store vendor.

Obsidian Dreams is currently a work in progress, and can be downloaded here. I already have the story fully planned out, it will just take a while to script everything out.  If you would like to keep posted on the latest updates to the game, you can follow the game on GameJolt, the Indie game site I am hosting Obsidian Dreams on. And last of all, enjoy yourself! :D

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]