ObsidianTrance Arte

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by ObsidianTrance, May 31, 2016.

1. ObsidianTrance

ObsidianTrance Pensword, the Old Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Newly finished portrait for Innocenza character, Vetrise Cardinal:

[​IMG]

Full Name- Vetrise Rodica Arcturus Cardinal

Alias(s) – Ovara Marie

Date of Birth- Aral/14/13 AG

Eyes- Green

Hair- Black

Height- 5’8’’ (172 cm)

Weight- 144 lbs (65.4 kg)

Sex- Female

Nationality- Kolonian

Occupation- Sorceress-Priestess

Interests- Penumbra physiology, abysmology, numerology, runology, sorcery, nature, animals, literature/poetry, sanguinology, astrology

Hobby (s) – Poetry, star charting, lyre, reading

Vetrise was a gifted child, inquisitive of the world around her and eager to learn about it. Once taught their family’s mission was to restore their name and their people, she took to it with all seriousness beyond that of her mother. She began to study after Ilinca’s work in understanding their inner workings, blood and the influence the abyss.

She had always been close with her elder brother Varen, neigh inseparable until he began courting his future wife. By this time Cachusa was born and assumed her duty to the child though signs of detachment from people began to form. The world inside her head and that which she could formulate was rational, where people and her little sister’s manic behavior did not.

Before she was even able to graduate, Vladmir Blair, considered the greatest mind in Kolonia, secretly approached Vetrise. His proposition was to use her brilliance for the aim of furthering the future of the Penumbra and cure the Gravuzie plague that had begun to spread; this goal was in line with that of House Arcturus, but Blair was also the sworn adversary of her family and thought on the invitation. Before she could refuse for the sake her mother, the death of Varen and his wife at the hands of the gravuzie became her severing tie with anything save her research.

Too sudden for her mother and father to protest, Vetrise departed not long after Varen’s final rest to study among Vladmir’s select minds, eventually becoming part of his Moon Sect, part of the sect Bal Hora.

No one ever saw Vetrise again for many years, save letters she annually wrote her mother. It would not be until learning the possible death of her sister at the same fate of Varen she was moved to further bitterness toward herself, but then learned of her great eldermother, Adriana and Cachusa’s survival and latente form being revived. It would be through Bal Hora’s connection to Luminas Interlo she would keep contact with her sister to safeguard her from what possibly could be Vladmir’s unseen hand, as well as uncover secrets hidden within Cachusa that could liberate them all.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
    aqua likes this.
  2. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Costach Cardinal portrait completed. Did this at random inbetween commission work and think he turned out nicely. Let me know what you think, suggestion or critique-wise good fellows~ :) Hope you like.

[​IMG]

Full Name- Costach Cardinal

Alias(s) - None

Date of Birth- Heste/30/332 CR

Eyes- Crimson

Hair- Blonde

Height- 6’3’’ (190 cm)

Weight- 190 lbs (86.5 kg)

Sex- Male

Nationality- Kolonian

Occupation- Bureaucrat

Interests- History, politics, philosophy, music, wine-making

Hobby (s) – Reading, fencing, drinking

A man after his father, Costach became a loyalist as he did, a bureaucrat in favour of restoring the olde ways of Lithavania and after the reemergence of House Arcturus, the realization of restoring the monarchy became a possibility when they were thought lost. An idealistic young man that desired close ties with Arcturus, Costach became one of few that became a close and personal friend to Engel Arcturus, who would be Viennrose.

Being in close company with the family, he came to know the Arcturus sisters well and at Engel’s prodding, Costach courted Ilinca, the eldest daughter. A hard woman to please, he came to learn Ilinca enjoyed trying his patience in all matters; combating his views even if they were the same, questioning if his allegiance was a golden opportunity for a starting politician and his worthiness at her hand. A patient man, he always gave in to her jests and oddly enough became a bonding point.

To his shock, she accepted his proposal and let down her guard, the pair becoming like-minded partners and companions. With the birth of Varen, Vetrise and Cachusa, Costach became even more driven to contend against the controlling faction of Red Council and Vladmir Blair, the de facto leader of Kolonia.

Dark times came to Kolonia with the arrival of the Gravuzie plague, the first disease known to affect Penumbra and only them. Where superstition surfaced among a rationale people, Costach voice his wife’s independent studies alongside that of their scholars newly delved into medicine and research with this menace, but little did countermeasures halt the slow, shadowy plague. Costach participated in the vote to quarantine and study the infected in their advanced, rabid stages with little options left to debate.

Costach was also instrumental in assisting Engel in forming Lumas Interlo along with Draken Dianisia and other loyalists, an independent organization directly responding to the dark times with the arrival of the Gravuzie plague by offering relief and even sheltering into the outside world for those looking to the outside world, despite its dangers.

The weight of Varen’s death weighed upon Costach being the one to elect his son to the position of liason between Kolonia and Castle Ebrem, a waypoint for Penumbran refugees. With this came Vetrise leaving home under the wing of Vladmir Blair, where for a time caused Costach to directly aggressively stand against and vocally accuse Vladmir of controlling the Red Council from the shadows.

With the next tragedy that came from the Gravuzie plague upon the family, Costach acted immediately in the search for his daughter and granddaughter, while laying a few traps in the likelihood Iinca’s theory was correct in these amalgamations somehow being controlled or the plague itself being artificial.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    aqua likes this.
  3. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Haven't been doing too much personal stuff with trying to finish stuff for uncle and a commission from a new friend (who actually commissioned this for a friend). I had a lot of freedom with the concept, so tried to do as much as I could with the bit I was given and really make it into something. Sketch stage is pretty much done.

OC Idres commission sketch

[​IMG]

aqua likes this.
  4. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Quick sketch

[​IMG]

5. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Season of Endall Illustration 1

[​IMG]

Been a little since I've drawn anything for this story, so drew the Black Queen and Shambling Knight in this quick piece.

6. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A commission I finished a week ago for MadJak91 on another forum :)

[​IMG]

7. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sellah the Sojourning Bard

[​IMG]

A mysterious young bard whose music is rumored to work miracles. In hopes to heal their captain, the Proper Arapipe pirates track him down only to witness the bard reforming their shattered world. Since then, they have taken him aboard to assist him in crossing the celestial seas to other lands. Not much is known of Sellah, but he shows wisdom and knowledge beyond his age and often is seen talking to the moon when it is full.

8. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    How much did you get paid? Better have been a lot for something as good as that. XD

9. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Haha, well since I know people don't have the greatest means to always commission or in school, I did ask his financial standing to be sure what I asked would be reasonable yet fair. I'm sure someone would charge more, but he paid $50 for this, mainly because the level of detail was at my discretion as I didn't have a lot to work with. I basically wanted to make a impression so he could be confident in the future in what to expect. He would've paid more, but as long as he is a consistent customer, that work for me rather than a one-time deal and I'll work with people. This was for a friend of his, so his kindness was paid off ^^

HexMozart88 likes this.
  10. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Haven't been on forever, but it's been such a busy time for me, fortunately in a good way. I keep up on new posts at least yet not much more than that. Hopefully I'll have the time again soon. I've done a few finishing touches on things, but not much in the way of new and not for awhile with some commissions coming up.

Requiem Song illustration progress...

[​IMG]

You can see a pretty big Kojima influence in this for sure, but it's hard to detach that image when working on this story
    and the story, theme and like.

Cyro Skyseeker

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  11. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Requiem Song "Arcturus" completed

[​IMG]

If anyone remembers or played this series, kudos to you ^^ Tenchu fanart

[​IMG]

Aaand commission work; character art for Blindmind's Beloved Rapture RPGMaker project. I'll have a number more as they come along.

[​IMG]

12. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nearly forgot I had account here with all the business going on! Glad to be back, though a little lost as to where I left off before haha!
    Hmm, so left off at my one of my commissions did I? Let's see what I've done since then.

Two versions of Avventura, illustration for Innocenza story. One sepia, one coloured:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Kojima? The 'Metal Gear' inking art?

The skyseeker looks awesome!

ObsidianTrance likes this.
  14. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    They both worked for same company, but I mean Ayame Kojima lol! Not related ^^

Thank you! Cyro is a big fella and the piece turned out really nice in regards to him. I wish I could've done more with setting, but that'll come when better with that sort of thing. Appreciate it~

15. KayZaman

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Y'welcome. Dat fanart Rikimaru......:kaomad3:Ahhh!! Such nostalgic!!

16. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lol! I know! I was hoping someone had played it as well ^_^

17. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Innocenza illustration titled, "Moment's Repose" repose. Another depiction of the early chapters where Cachusha shelters she and Miriam high in the great trees of the forest the night after their escape. I like the sepia for an illustrative feel of a storybook as well as chronological theme for earlier stories in the series.
    rsz_moments_repose.jpg

18. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Some revamped portraits and illustration piece...

Rema Merloci portrait rev.
    Rema portrait B.png

Cachusa Gavrielle portrait rev.
    Cachusa portrait B.png

Grey and Garland.png

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    KayZaman likes this.
  19. KayZaman

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice. Dat good looking scary red eyes vampire. Reminds me of Castlevania.

Those 2 knights on the hill, I wish I wanna see their armor.

20. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you, but though they have similarities with vampires, Penumbra like Cachusa are quite different.

Yeeaah, I don't think I did a great job on what's on Grey's shoulder, but I'll likely go back and fix that; other than that, I'll draw a full character piece of he and Garland soon.

KayZaman likes this.