ObsidianTrance Arte

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by ObsidianTrance, May 31, 2016.

1. ObsidianTrance

ObsidianTrance Pensword, the Old Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lauro Merloci
    Lauro.png

Puruiro likes this.
  2. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Erthane Inland motif

"The golden haired collector, brash and beautiful, a world apart at a glance from those she calls family."
    Erthane Motif.png

RocketKnight likes this.
  3. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ALTER "Fragments"

rsz_fragments.jpg

OC illustration for one of my stories. Slightly changed main character's name, but first time in awhile I've
    drawn (and finished) Jenin and his split personalities together. I had a bit of fun doing so, I might add, with
    continual nudging from a good friend ^^

KayZaman and Puruiro like this.
  4. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    One of my fantasy race/anthro character, Hannah of the Rivers. I'll have more recent
    works upcoming. Been away traveling and preoccupied with work XP
    rsz_hannah_of_the_rivers.png

RocketKnight and Puruiro like this.
  5. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Mila Arcturus~Second Act~ portrait
    rsz_mila.jpg
    After being saved from the influence of Manalodia's Scarlet Queen, Mila's latente form is restored, her mind in one piece as well. She, Sorrow, and Requiem search for Dusk with his disappearance after scattering the Moon and Serpent sects of Bal Hora. After months of seeking, she is convinced to relent. With the return of Requiem to the head of House Arcturus, the restoration of their noble status took place in Kolonia. With both her mother and cousin former members of Bal Hora, their status was denied despite Requiem's influence, so Mila went away with them for a season to Nuefraust. With Rema in stasis, Mila dedicates the rest of her time aside Miriam.

RocketKnight and Puruiro like this.
  6. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The Enlightened Dragon
    rsz_the_enlightened_dragon.png
    ORION illustration.

Bone Factory 0
    rsz_bone_factory_0.jpg

Birthed from a dream I had, it made its way into translation during my Drawtober attempt last year.
    I'm leaning toward a series of illustrations rather than anything else possible to do with it, but time
    will tell.

Nanashi
    rsz_nanashi.png

First actual drawing of this character. One of Jenin's alternate personalities
    in ALTER, a mother figure toward him and exerts a great deal of control of
    their system.

RocketKnight likes this.
  7. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Innocenza concept
    Viktoria sketches.png

Dark Goddess, Charon
    Charon 2.png

And something light-hearted, Sellah from my story, Cerulean Sky. Completely different art style and direction
    in theme.
    Sellah 2.png

8. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I’m really curious about him. I like character with split personalities.

9. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I haven't taken the time to fully put together ALTER, but each alter carries a certain aspect of Jenin and his memories. I'm still deciding
    that in whatever format I choose to tell the story (not an issue if book), but whether or not in an artistic flare; imaginative and visual in how I present it or in a realistic format. Different reasons for this.

For the first, I can show Jenin in both the real world and mindscape, a separate world where he can interact with his alters and other characters like himself, but not with the same condition. The other reason I want to tell it practically is to give the character, story and condition itself a chance to be presented for what it really is. Something more somber, thoughtful and focus on Jenin's interaction in the world he's not prepared for.

You wouldn't see his face in the real world (not entirely sure how I can coherently do this and be believable), but in his mindscape, he would appear with bandages. The further he comes closer to the truth, the fewer bandages he has, revealing himself and what he has been running from; the added conflict is losing his alters which have given him comfort and semblance of peace, his struggles with/against them.

10. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, at least it hasn't been a year since last I was on. That tends to happen, or at least for the past two years >_> Going to make a consistent effort to be on these forums...for what faith I have in myself lol!

Where was I? February until now, it seems. Well, won't post EVERY art piece since, but the best of, of course.

Musuko no Kaminari- "The Younger Kotoba"
    Idai.png

LC- Rema
    Rema pinup 1.png

Princess Knight II
    Princess Knight II.png

ORION- Marte Valence character concept
    Marte Valence.png

Next up will be from the last few months up to now. Haven't had a lot of time to with traveling and work, but dedicating a lot more time to full illustrations and practicing my painting and shadow/light. It's by far my most undeveloped skill, but it's catching up to my drawing bit by bit.

11. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't think I've ever uploaded process work before, just WIPs from early stages to to final. Let's see if I can scale down any enough to put up...

Dusk portrait C1.jpg Dusk portrait C2.jpg Dusk portrait C3.jpg Dusk portrait C4.jpg Dusk portrait C5.jpg Dusk portrait C6.jpg Dusk portrait C7.jpg Dusk portrait C8.jpg

It hasn't been a typical thing I've done throughout out my time drawing, but helped me refine anatomy where everything was by eyeballing. Now you can do that if experienced enough, but I'm not there yet, so I find it helpful.

I know there are much more detailed steps such as spacing according to measurements/squares between facial features, but I don't go that far lol!

Rema 2 nude.png Rema 2 outline.png
    For full bodies, I'll usually do a base and then build the attire and/or armor over it. Being form fitting is just being accurate, but not necessarily a must if simpler or thematic.

I'd have more to show, but I tend to forget to do processes and do things in few layers as possible. I'll try to remember next time.

12. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    *Sorry for this repost. Didn't realize what I did until now ^^;

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  13. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dusk Merloci~ Illust. A

[​IMG]

Birthday gift I did for my gf. Normally wouldn't post something personal, but really love how it came out. Turned her and her OCs into Persona 5 phantom thieves XD

[​IMG]

Transition

[​IMG]

Tulamar of the Moons

[​IMG]

Runaway Carriage

[​IMG]

lianderson likes this.
  14. Azmor

Azmor Happy Hobby Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I really love the dark, mysterious atmosphere in your artworks. Can you draw your paintings with a card layout similar to Card Captor Sakura? Would be interesting to see one!

ObsidianTrance likes this.
  15. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you very much! And yes, I probably could, as that would look pretty interesting. Just never had a reason to/thought about it. I'll write that one down to remember on a new illustration.

Azmor likes this.
  16. Azmor

Azmor Happy Hobby Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hey! That's great. I'll make sure to come back here. Have a great day!

ObsidianTrance likes this.
  17. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    At the end of my most recent works and will slow down temporarily since I've commissions taking up my time. I miiight upload some sketches I've done on the side, but right now all I'm doing is colouring the rest of my WIPs in the final stage. Keep checking in ;)

18. ObsidianTrance

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ilinca Arcturus~character concept

Ilinca Arcturus.png
    I'll admit the most fun thing to draw on Ilinca is her hair. I don't know why, it's somewhat a ridiculously flamboyant style, Dracula (1994) reference even. Not aiming for the short and fiery stereotype with her personality, but it can come off that way because of her rigid, yet well-meaning views. She's uncompromising when she knows she's in the right as she was reared to be. She is the supporting anchor for Engel, who became responsible for her and Rochel once sent out on their own, and second mother to their baby sister. Everything is to restore the family name right down to taking up the sciences. The blood proves legitimacy, potential to be uncovered anew or once again to her. Vetrise was to carry this on given her propensity toward the study and their name, Cachusa their name and gift with the artes, and Varen being meant to carry on House Cardinal. Everything is meticulous other than the shared love of the creative artes, passed down to the most recent generation of Arcturus.

The Unicorn
    The Unicorn.png

Need to stretch my artistic limbs and draw outside characters (though so many I've yet to do) since when I first started drawing, creatures were my primary thing. I'm surprised I'm able to do what I have after so long, a pleasant surprise. No relation to any project, just a grizzly yet surreal creation that I would never want to see (nor smell) in my life.

Ruedefaux likes this.