MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those who don´t know OC stands for Original Character. So, I recently found some old designs of my OC and god... I surely changed my design style a lot, and also kinda improved my general skill. I started the design of my character in 2014, as a minecraft skin (Yes, thats the origin), the original concept was simply a human Sonic The Hedgehog, since then, the design evolved into a stand alone figure while keeping some details that retain the original essense, such as the hair style and some clothes, and colors. Sadly, my digital version of some draws got lost in time and space, remaining only one from 2016, 2018 and the recent 2019.

That said, allow me to start with the original 2014 skin:
Then we move onto 2016, and one of my first digital works:
2017 doesn't have digital work, so here's a picture of the hand draw:
Now for to 2018 there's a huge design change:
And finally, 2019, the actual design I give to him:
By the way, his name is Zino.

I hope you could relate to the evolution and change from styles. I'll be curious to know if you also have an OC and for how long you've been drawing it.

*As a little side note, my art style has been influenced over time by different animes I've been watching :kaoswt2:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the 2017 and 2018 ones though, really nicely done :)

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the 2017 design-wise the best and the 2019 one style-wise.

It's always fun to see growth and change over the years in our art so yeah i can relate haha

mazzy-elf

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're improving very well I can't wait to see how you grow.
I have so many OCs I can't even count them, I have many dnd characters I like to draw and then my oldest OC is Tag he's a blue fairy cat that I started drawing when I was 15 (16 years ago) to help me get over my cat's death (he was a tabby blue Persian) so he started out very fluffy but now he's more sleek and even less cat like but he still means the most to me out of my OCs

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mazzy-elf Oh my... that's heartbreaking but at the same time so sweet...
Thanks for the support :kaoswt2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotanimi