Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest version - v2.00 (released 2019/12/22)
  • Fixed forced playback on SE command

• Re-factored code structure + OcRam_Core featured:
    OcRam_Core will be embedded in each of my plugins
    New (more efficient) AEX data object structure

• Debugging consumes CPU time ONLY when it is activated!
    Activated == Plugin parameter "Debug mode" == true

• Obsoleted parameter "loop" (replaced by "new"/"link")
    Use SE to play NON-LOOPING SFX (parallel to loop)
    Use BGS to play LOOPING SFX (stop to not loop)

• <aex> notation parameters has been made easier to read
    Example: <aex:d:20+5:1:2:nopan:forced:link>
    Example2: <aex:y:18+2:0: pan:default:new>

• IF Local_Coop is in use: Target nearest player!
    Import Local_Coop before Audio_EX! (Credits: @Martin )

• BGS2&3 volume control (Credits: @Ace of Spades )
    true Will be shown in options menu
    false Linked to main BGS volume
    Also BGS2 and 3 option caption parameters added!

• Fixed BGM bug if BGM volume was adjusted + BGM volume
    is now correctly set on new/load game (Ace of Spades)

• Fade to 100% won't exceed configured max volume

• Allows multiple AEX notations on same event page!

• Fixed some Audio bugs on loading saved game

• New <aex> notation parameters (Credits: @Anyone ):
    • radius (radius where BGS volume is 100%)
    • new/link (link will use existing buffer if found)
      (new > will always creates new buffer)
    • nopan/pan (use pan or not to use?)
Sounds awesome. That's a lot of great additions, can't wait to test them and see what can be done now. :D

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey OcRam, thank you for the update! Unfortunately the latest update introduced a new, unusual bug. Any SE played through an event command plays at a pitch and volume of 100, even if specified otherwise. SE's used in battle animations also play at pitch and volume of 100. Strangely, this didn't seem to effect system SE's.

Also worth noting, when using this with your Time system plugin, the daytime/nighttime BGS levels aren't effected by volume level either, but this may not be the right thread for that. Thank you for the hard work, your time and effort is appreciated.
Thank you for the report!

I have now fixed SE pitch & vol bug. Audio_EX must be below OcRam_Time_System in order to work.

Latest version - v2.01 (released 2019/12/23)
  • Fixed SE pitch bug and aliased update BGS (compatibility)

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the report!

I have now fixed SE pitch & vol bug. Audio_EX must be below OcRam_Time_System in order to work.

Latest version - v2.01 (released 2019/12/23)
  • Fixed SE pitch bug and aliased update BGS (compatibility)
Hey there, it's me again! The pitch problem seems to be resolved. However, all SE's are still played at full volume. Also, the SE volume slider in Options menu also doesn't seem to work any longer. Again, this issue didn't seem to effect System SE's that are played in the Menu.

It also seems that when you adjust the volume in the menu, proximity SE events stop working once you leave the map and re-enter.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, it's me again! The pitch problem seems to be resolved. However, all SE's are still played at full volume. Also, the SE volume slider in Options menu also doesn't seem to work any longer. Again, this issue didn't seem to effect System SE's that are played in the Menu.

It also seems that when you adjust the volume in the menu, proximity SE events stop working once you leave the map and re-enter.
Hi and thank you for the message,

I think you need to reconfigure plugin parameters. Also check that aex notation is valid in v2.00.

Edit: also plugin order matters. A lot of things have changed from v1.x

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi and thank you for the message,

I think you need to reconfigure plugin parameters. Also check that aex notation is valid in v2.00.

Edit: also plugin order matters. A lot of things have changed from v1.x
I was able to replicate the bug with a brand new project and no other plugins. I tried making an event with Action key trigger that plays a SE. Even if you set SE to play at 5% volume in the event command, it still plays at 100% volume. You can also adjust SE volume in menu, and it will not effect the volume SE at all. I hope what I'm describing makes sense. Thanks!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was able to replicate the bug with a brand new project and no other plugins. I tried making an event with Action key trigger that plays a SE. Even if you set SE to play at 5% volume in the event command, it still plays at 100% volume. You can also adjust SE volume in menu, and it will not effect the volume SE at all. I hope what I'm describing makes sense. Thanks!
Sorry I'm a duffis... I have played SE only with AEX notation it seems if SE is played w/o AEX notation volume will be ignored and set to 100%... I'll fix this after holidays :)

Cend

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Unity
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Cool plugin!

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry I'm a duffis... I have played SE only with AEX notation it seems if SE is played w/o AEX notation volume will be ignored and set to 100%... I'll fix this after holidays :)
No trouble at all, thank you for taking a look at it. Also if you wouldn't mind taking a look, I found another major bug: Whenever the player enters the menu, backs out of menu to the map scene, then transfers to a different map, all AEX BGS sounds will no longer function. This is also replicated in a new project with no other plugins. Hope that description made sense. Thank you in advance and happy holidays to you and your loved ones.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Does this work with moving events? For example, if there is a moving car bypassing the (standing) player, would the car engine sound fade in and out?

Tried it briefly and it doesn't seem to work. Only works when the player is moving as well...

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this work with moving events? For example, if there is a moving car bypassing the (standing) player, would the car engine sound fade in and out?

Tried it briefly and it doesn't seem to work. Only works when the player is moving as well...
Thank you for the message,

I will add native support for moving events in next version.
As hotfix: Have you tried to call AudioManager.updateAEX_OC(); in car event when it moves?

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Latest version - v2.02 (released 2020/01/05)
  • Fixed SE volume and menu/map transfer bug
    (Thanks to @Ace of Spades for bug reports)
I just wanted to drop by and say thank you for taking care of those bugs. Most everything seems to be working smoothly now. One thing I noticed after the most recent update is if you have the BGS2/BGS3 Volume Control parameter set to false, the volume changes made to BGS in options menu don't apply to BGS2/BGS3. I don't believe this was a problem with the previous version, but it seems to no longer function that way after the most recent update. I'd prefer if there was one BGS volume option that could control all 3 BGS volumes at once, if possible. Thanks again for your time and effort, great job!

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
As hotfix: Have you tried to call AudioManager.updateAEX_OC(); in car event when it moves?
Haven't tried it, but wouldn't that just update the audio between the routes?

So in the even we would have
Event Move: Right Right Right Right Up Up Up
AudioManager.updateAEX_OC();
Event Move: Up Up Up Left Left
AudioManager.updateAEX_OC();

...and so on. Or does this command make the event update frequently?

Anyway, I appreciate you adding this option to your plugin. Awesome!

I have searched for some time now for a plugin that does handle sound with moving events. Most of them are outdated and stopped working with 1.6.1

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There seems to be an issue with the default Fadeout BGS command used in the vanilla event commands with this plugin.

In an empty project only with this plugin, I made a crystal event with 2 pages:

Page 1:
Play BGS Dark
SelfSwitch A On

Page 2:
Fadeout BGS 1 second
SelfSwitch A Off

BGS are played normally when not using the plugin commands, but fading the BGS out again does not work. Nothing happens.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There seems to be an issue with the default Fadeout BGS command used in the vanilla event commands with this plugin.

In an empty project only with this plugin, I made a crystal event with 2 pages:

Page 1:
Play BGS Dark
SelfSwitch A On

Page 2:
Fadeout BGS 1 second
SelfSwitch A Off

BGS are played normally when not using the plugin commands, but fading the BGS out again does not work. Nothing happens.
Thank you for the report,

I'll check this out when I'm done with my current project (Time System v2.00).

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the report,

I'll check this out when I'm done with my current project (Time System v2.00).
Great.

I'd also like to confirm that a previous poster was indeed correct, the BGS volume doesn't seem to react to volume control in the options menu. (tested with Yanfly Options Menu Plugin)

The master volume itself works correctly and the player can change the overall volume which also changes the BGS. But if the player tries to change the BGS volume directly, these changes don't affect this plugin's BGS.

Izy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this awesome plugin! It has been so great to be able to use environment sounds around maps ❤

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest version - v2.03 (released 2020/02/16)
  • OcRam core v1.02
  • Fixed dynamic audio on moving events
  • BGS volume will now effect all 3 BGS channels, if BGS2/3 volume controls are not in use
  • Default fadeout command is now working (w/o AEX notation)
  • +Other bug fixes related to non-AEX Audio
  • Fixed several Save/Load related issues
  • Thank you for messaging: @mardin , @Ace of Spades and @Anyone

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Latest version - v2.03 (released 2020/02/16)
  • OcRam core v1.02
  • Fixed dynamic audio on moving events
  • BGS volume will now effect all 3 BGS channels, if BGS2/3 volume controls are not in use
  • Default fadeout command is now working (w/o AEX notation)
  • +Other bug fixes related to non-AEX Audio
  • Fixed several Save/Load related issues
  • Thank you for messaging: @mardin , @Ace of Spades and @Anyone
Hey OcRam, just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the bug fixes. I hate to keep dropping these questions on you, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a look at an error I started getting after updating this plugin to the latest version. This bug only takes place after saving the game near a AEX BGS.

To be up front, I'm using a different method of saving the game, more or less like a quick save that takes place right on the map scene via the following script call:
Code:
if ($gameVariables.value(27) !== 0){
$gameSystem.onBeforeSave()
DataManager.saveGame($gameVariables.value(27));
}
$gameVariables.value(27) is already pre-defined on the File Select screen.

That may be part of the issue, it might just be an incompatibility, I'm not sure if the same bug also takes place if saving through normal methods. If it's a quick fix I'd really appreciate the help. If not, I can always revert back to the last version. Thank you for all you do!

bug report1.jpg
bug report2.jpg

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey OcRam, just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the bug fixes. I hate to keep dropping these questions on you, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a look at an error I started getting after updating this plugin to the latest version. This bug only takes place after saving the game near a AEX BGS.

To be up front, I'm using a different method of saving the game, more or less like a quick save that takes place right on the map scene via the following script call:
Code:
if ($gameVariables.value(27) !== 0){
$gameSystem.onBeforeSave()
DataManager.saveGame($gameVariables.value(27));
}
$gameVariables.value(27) is already pre-defined on the File Select screen.

That may be part of the issue, it might just be an incompatibility, I'm not sure if the same bug also takes place if saving through normal methods. If it's a quick fix I'd really appreciate the help. If not, I can always revert back to the last version. Thank you for all you do!

View attachment 135393
View attachment 135394
Thank you for the message,

And have no worries we'll fix this (and it is a pleasure). Are you calling save functions before Scene_Map.start() or after it? Also semicolon ( ; ) is missing on the line $gameSystem.onBeforeSave()

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan