Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam I want to get all the latest plugins, but I get this 503 error:
"Server Unavailable"
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

are you maintaining it atm? because I want to get the latest plugins + demo
of the latest version if it is there, so I know it will work correctly.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam I want to get all the latest plugins, but I get this 503 error:
"Server Unavailable"
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

are you maintaining it atm? because I want to get the latest plugins + demo
of the latest version if it is there, so I know it will work correctly.
Thank you for the message,

Should be available again.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to scale up the layer?
It's the only plugin that is fully compatible with Khas's lighting, but large (scaled up in the editor) images and "map covering" effect provoke unfortunate lags in the game.

Vergil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there. :)
Is it possible to use the Layers plugin command 'Show Picture' while the picture sticks to the ground? It always follows the camera and I cannot prevent that. If yes, how?
And is it possible to use the Layers plugin command 'Parallax' or 'Custom Layer' with the option to choose the blend mode like multiply? If yes, how?
I'm using MZ.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to scale up the layer?
It's the only plugin that is fully compatible with Khas's lighting, but large (scaled up in the editor) images and "map covering" effect provoke unfortunate lags in the game.
Hi there. :)
Is it possible to use the Layers plugin command 'Show Picture' while the picture sticks to the ground? It always follows the camera and I cannot prevent that. If yes, how?
And is it possible to use the Layers plugin command 'Parallax' or 'Custom Layer' with the option to choose the blend mode like multiply? If yes, how?
I'm using MZ.
Thank you for the messages,

These features are great ideas! I will add them to my never-ending todo list (not bottom of it ;D).

Roult

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Hello @OcRam,

I am currently using your "Lights" plugin, however for performance concerns I want to replace the static lights with parallax on the map.

It is natural that I want to use your "Layers" plugin, but it does not work (even if I deactivate all my plugins).

When displaying my image, either it does not appear when there is transparency during a test, or if it is a solid image, the screen fills with an opaque gray. I don't know where this problem comes from.

I just wish that using the command "light_bg # 0A0B0E" to darken the screen and that with a parallax system I display light like with your light plugin (above the darkening).

Can you help me?

Thank you

Peter_Snayde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found next issue: With usage of this plugin FPS in project drops to 30 after 10-15 seconds after start, and wont raise more than on 10 fps after that. I tried to disable all other plugins, but only without this plugin I have 60 FPS. Strange....

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I found next issue: With usage of this plugin FPS in project drops to 30 after 10-15 seconds after start, and wont raise more than on 10 fps after that. I tried to disable all other plugins, but only without this plugin I have 60 FPS. Strange....

One thing that comes to mind that are any layer calls are made in parallel event? And can it be replicated in new- or my demo project somehow?

Hello @OcRam,

I am currently using your "Lights" plugin, however for performance concerns I want to replace the static lights with parallax on the map.

It is natural that I want to use your "Layers" plugin, but it does not work (even if I deactivate all my plugins).

When displaying my image, either it does not appear when there is transparency during a test, or if it is a solid image, the screen fills with an opaque gray. I don't know where this problem comes from.

I just wish that using the command "light_bg # 0A0B0E" to darken the screen and that with a parallax system I display light like with your light plugin (above the darkening).

Can you help me?

Thank you

Are you using MV or MZ? Because I have plans for these in MZ version.

And I'm pretty sure that using light layer parallax requires more resources from the machine than lights. BUT it is depending on lot of things like map size, simultaneous lights and CPU/GPU balance + available memory.

Most significant factors are map size and simultaneous light sources at the screen. Let me explain: Parallax is loaded to cover whole map size. But only lights that are in the area of the screen are processed (so called culling is done properly).

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why this plugin can't erase previous parallax mapping with a new game or load?
Would TOS allow me to commission someone to fix this issue?
Or is there a reason this can't be done. It's troubling as this issue makes what otherwise could be the best parallax mapping plugin unusable. :)

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why this plugin can't erase previous parallax mapping with a new game or load?
Would TOS allow me to commission someone to fix this issue?
Or is there a reason this can't be done. It's troubling as this issue makes what otherwise could be the best parallax mapping plugin unusable. :)

In MV version of this plugin layers are for 'generic' usage, meaning that layers must be manually cleared if not used anymore.

In MZ version for layers there's specifically designed layers for parallax mapping which will clear them selves automatically (and are ripped off versions of these 'generic' layers). There's also unlimited amount of layers.

Terms of Use does allow editing as long as "Terms of Use" section is not edited in anyway. I wonder if my MZ code can be re-used in MV (it could make mentioned commission easier)?

Copying the code is not allowed in ToU, but in this case (OcRam MZ to OcRam MV or other way around) I will allow code copy from this moment on.

If I had time I could try to back-port MZ plugin to MV, but I gotta go now...

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

In MV version of this plugin layers are for 'generic' usage, meaning that layers must be manually cleared if not used anymore.
But isn't this a design flaw?
I'm not sure how others develop their games, but if a player plays a game and wants to load a previous save he'll see a previous parallax map in that new game result in the graphical bug.
That also happens if you quit the current game and start a new game.
Eventing some kind of system to delete the layers upon loading is also troubling as if you load a save it'll delete the current game layers and players will be missing graphical assets.

The only way to use without bugs this plugin is to Exit the game completely if you want to load or start a new game.
Is it just confusing me why it's designed that way Is it just a leftover issue because it's too hard to fix?
Just want to make sure it's doable before commissioning someone to work on this.
If MZ does not have this issue and it's possible to fix the MV version using it as a guideline, that would be nice.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But isn't this a design flaw?
I'm not sure how others develop their games, but if a player plays a game and wants to load a previous save he'll see a previous parallax map in that new game result in the graphical bug.
That also happens if you quit the current game and start a new game.
Eventing some kind of system to delete the layers upon loading is also troubling as if you load a save it'll delete the current game layers and players will be missing graphical assets.

The only way to use without bugs this plugin is to Exit the game completely if you want to load or start a new game.
Is it just confusing me why it's designed that way Is it just a leftover issue because it's too hard to fix?
Just want to make sure it's doable before commissioning someone to work on this.
If MZ does not have this issue and it's possible to fix the MV version using it as a guideline, that would be nice.
Ok now I think I know what you mean. What version you are using? Because this should be fixed in latest version.

I thought you ment player transfer where layers persist over to another map...

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok now I think I know what you mean. What version you are using? Because this should be fixed in latest version.

I thought you ment player transfer where layers persist over to another map...
Sorry about the complaints. I figured out it's the compatibility issue with this plugin. Wasn't the issue with any other parallax map plugin I tried so it never occurred to me this could cause me issues.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry about the complaints. I figured out it's the compatibility issue with this plugin. Wasn't the issue with any other parallax map plugin I tried so it never occurred to me this could cause me issues.
I guess you have tried different plugin order?

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess you have tried different plugin order?
Yes. It's probably a compatibility issue. The noncombat menu overwrites your clearing layer function.
Placement does not have any effect.

Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ShadowDragon suggested that I should try OcRam_Layers for RPG Maker MZ after trying to setup an Animated Parallax using Hudell's Cyclone Maps and Galv's MZ Layer Graphics, then Visual Parallaxes VisuStella MZ. (I was looking for a way to set layers by region ID and animate them)

I got the plugin installed and setup the file names etc in the plugin, but I couldn't figure out how to actually initialize it...

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

If you are talking about "Template layers", those can be called via plugin command.

Then use some "Common event on region id" plugin to call template you wish to call.

Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Strange, it's adding 01 to my image file name when I click Y on my controller to open the status menu... I got Failed to Load Sea0101.png
1619373000864.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Strange, it's adding 01 to my image file name when I click Y on my controller to open the status menu... I got Failed to Load Sea0101.png
View attachment 187471
Yup 01 is automatically added on animated layers so you must have layer name "sea" then it should work as intended. (just keep file names as they are)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thevoidyvoid