Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright, it seems to work. Question, do you think I can use the VisuMZ_4_VisualParallaxes to place animated parallaxes by region?
1619385116394.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, it seems to work. Question, do you think I can use the VisuMZ_4_VisualParallaxes to place animated parallaxes by region?
View attachment 187493
Thank you for the message,

This thread is about OcRam_Layers. How is this question related to OcRam_Layers?

You need to contact Visu-team for questions related to their plugins.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just want to leave a message and say that currently, this is the best and simplest RPGM MV parallax mapping plugin.
But do not make larger than 4000x4000 pixel images or combine them into two separate large images.
Some hardware will fail to load single images larger than that. Some kind of safeguard which often mobile devices use and some old pc.

Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just want to leave a message and say that currently, this is the best and simplest RPGM MV parallax mapping plugin.
But do not make larger than 4000x4000 pixel images or combine them into two separate large images.
Some hardware will fail to load single images larger than that. Some kind of safeguard which often mobile devices use and some old pc.
They are three 48 x 48 images.

Anstarx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, sorry that I'm a complete newbie and just want to start with maps. I downloaded the file from the link marked the latest version, but it's a text file instead of a js file. Do I need to convert it to a js file myself? Sorry again for the noob question lol.

Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, sorry that I'm a complete newbie and just want to start with maps. I downloaded the file from the link marked the latest version, but it's a text file instead of a js file. Do I need to convert it to a js file myself? Sorry again for the noob question lol.

Did you go to: ocram-codes.net ?

Anstarx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you go to: ocram-codes.net ?
I did. I downloaded the layer file from the first thread, and also went to the website to download the core file. Both came as text file in my computer.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I did. I downloaded the layer file from the first thread, and also went to the website to download the core file. Both came as text file in my computer.
Hello,

Basically JS files are text. You need to copy plugins to your project .js\plugins folder. And then select copied file from RPG Maker plugin manager.

I also suggest to take a look at "how to install plugins in RPG Maker MZ" in youtube if you havn't done that before.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am having an issue. I have a layer that appears above the character, but there is a sprite (a lantern) on the table, and the part of the table the character is supposed to appear under, also makes that sprite appear under. I have the sprite said to above player, but the top of the sprite still gets covered. THis is done in an event. Is there anyway to make events appear above this layer?

I am using:

layer 1 map[mapId]above 0 0 1 true 256

Also, I noticed in the demo there is this:

floor_level -1 low

What does that do? And do I need to use that command for every map?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am having an issue. I have a layer that appears above the character, but there is a sprite (a lantern) on the table, and the part of the table the character is supposed to appear under, also makes that sprite appear under. I have the sprite said to above player, but the top of the sprite still gets covered. THis is done in an event. Is there anyway to make events appear above this layer?

I am using:

layer 1 map[mapId]above 0 0 1 true 256

Also, I noticed in the demo there is this:

floor_level -1 low

What does that do? And do I need to use that command for every map?

To draw characters above "Above characters" layer you must use OcRam_Passages with OcRam_Layers (import Passages AFTER Layers). When character enters in "Overpass Region ID" OR event is forced via <higher> event comment it will be drawn above "Above characters" layer.

You can force events also to lower floor level via <lower> event comment and characters will switch to "lower floor" level when they enter on "Underpass Region ID".

This way you can also make bridges and such easily where EACH character is drawn to their own floor level Passages also handles event interaction so that you can only trigger events in players current floor level. To enable trigger always event comment <trigger_always> must be used.

And there's also plugin commands to edit floor levels >> The command "floor_level -1 low" will set player and followers to "lower floor" level.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

To draw characters above "Above characters" layer you must use OcRam_Passages with OcRam_Layers (import Passages AFTER Layers). When character enters in "Overpass Region ID" OR event is forced via <higher> event comment it will be drawn above "Above characters" layer.

You can force events also to lower floor level via <lower> event comment and characters will switch to "lower floor" level when they enter on "Underpass Region ID".

This way you can also make bridges and such easily where EACH character is drawn to their own floor level Passages also handles event interaction so that you can only trigger events in players current floor level. To enable trigger always event comment <trigger_always> must be used.

And there's also plugin commands to edit floor levels >> The command "floor_level -1 low" will set player and followers to "lower floor" level.

AH! There! I saw you said I could type <lower> and decided to put <higher> for the event that kept appearing below... and BAM! Instant on top. THIS is what I was wondering about. But couldn't seem to find the reference.

OH! So I can use floor_level -1 or +2 kind of like the 16 and 17 tiles? But in event form? That will come in handy!

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A question for the layers...

So I know I can set zIndexes in the plugin. I have Layer 0, 1 and 2. I can then set those to five different possibilities.

Is this the only way? I can only choose 3 for the entire game? Or is there another way to choose those individuals layers I am just completely missing?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes 3 layers in MV version of Layers is maximum, but I have just released ALL my MZ plugins where Layers -plugin allows unlimited amount of layers (also has dedicated layers for parallax mapping to speed things up).

But I should mention that MZ -plugins may have different notation syntax & plugin commands are different. Also some features might have deprecated while some plugins may have new features.

Using MZ -plugins in MV requires RETRO -plugin. Get RETRO here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/retro-mz-plugins-on-mv.135715/

And OcRam MZ -plugins here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ocram-mz-plugins.126684/

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am assuming since I tried, I can't combine the tileset with the parallax... as I was trying to add the water tiles, and then use the parallax.

With that in mind, how do you handle doing the water? Do I essentially have to create the same water 3 times using the different frames in each version? Or is there an easier way to handle water in parallax haha.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am assuming since I tried, I can't combine the tileset with the parallax... as I was trying to add the water tiles, and then use the parallax.

With that in mind, how do you handle doing the water? Do I essentially have to create the same water 3 times using the different frames in each version? Or is there an easier way to handle water in parallax haha.
Hi,

I have always just used animated parallax for water. In OcRam demo project there should be an example about it.

magfeenix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this plugin compatible with 32x32 tilesize in MV?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this plugin compatible with 32x32 tilesize in MV?

Havn't tested, but I can't see why it wouldn't be (since it's pixel based anyway).

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just get a black screen?
Have you tried different plugin order? And which plugin you are using to change it to 32x32? Have you tried in new project only those 2 plugins enabled? And MV core scripts should be v1.6.2.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anything beyond layer 2 just won't appear on my map.

1628668088835.png

1628668057876.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R1ck_Str1k3r