OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OcRam, fantastic work as always. I feel like everytime I have an idea for my project and I start searching for how to do it, my searches always bring me back to you :wub.

I've never done parallax and have 0 coding knowledge, but I'm trying to use this for something very simple so perhaps a small help should suffice. I'm trying to make it so that when the player enters a house, the roof disappears. I'm just not sure on what code I should use it, as there are several examples in the plugin and as I say, I'm a newbie to this stuff. I just tried having a parallel event with the plugin command "sprite roof1 8 11 2 1 5" , it showed the roof and everything, but it's still bound to camera (I've set "default fixed to map" to TRUE in the parameters, but I guess that wasn't it). So, how can I make it so that the image stays in the same x, y?

Thanks for all the help, always
Thank you for the message,

Command syntax seems to be valid for what you are trying to do... What other plugins are you using?

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Command syntax seems to be valid for what you are trying to do... What other plugins are you using?
So that command should create a fixed image? I thought I missed something. Here it is:
plugin list.png

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoa, at first glance your yanfly plugins are out of order! Make sure all YEP plugins follow the same order shown on this page of his site http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Category:Yanfly_Engine_Plugins

Also it's been recommended to get rid of that community basic plugin, especially if you use a core plugin like yep engine core
Thanks! I didn't know that. I've changed the order of the plugins and that didn't fix the issue, buuut I've decided to try to update my project to 1.6.2 (before I was just using Yanfly's Core updates and desktop otimization) and while doing it I realized that the problem all along was rhyme's Smooth Scrolling plugin. I'm not really using that right now so I'll just delete for now.

Thanks both for the help!

ex0rc1sm

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I seem to be having a problem where the layers will not fix to map, they only fix to screen.
"Default fixed to map" in the plugin settings is set to true, and the plugin command is: layer 1 layername * * 1 true 1 none
I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong :LZYdizzy:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I seem to be having a problem where the layers will not fix to map, they only fix to screen.
"Default fixed to map" in the plugin settings is set to true, and the plugin command is: layer 1 layername * * 1 true 1 none
I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong :LZYdizzy:
Hi and thank you for the message!

Syntax for the plugin command seems valid. Can you replicate this issue in new project?

ex0rc1sm

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi and thank you for the message!

Syntax for the plugin command seems valid. Can you replicate this issue in new project?
Really weird, tried it in a new project, no idea if it is fixed to the map or screen, because the entire screen turns a solid colour?
Tried pasting an example plugin script from the help file but then nothing appeared at all. It is most likely an error on my end, I think I must have made an obvious mistake somewhere but I can't figure out what it is

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really weird, tried it in a new project, no idea if it is fixed to the map or screen, because the entire screen turns a solid colour?
Tried pasting an example plugin script from the help file but then nothing appeared at all. It is most likely an error on my end, I think I must have made an obvious mistake somewhere but I can't figure out what it is
opacity seems to be 1 If there is no transparency in layer Image itself it can turn screen to solid color. Also plugin order matters a lot.

Liandra Aura

Game Director
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I am stupid or not but I can't get water to animate. The pictures are binding to screen, not the map. I don't know what I am doing wrong and it's making me want to throw my laptop lol.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I am stupid or not but I can't get water to animate. The pictures are binding to screen, not the map. I don't know what I am doing wrong and it's making me want to throw my laptop lol.
Hi, and sorry for late response.

Plugin command syntax is: layer z img_name scrlx scrly opacity fix_to_map fade repeat
Example for fixed layer: layer 2 shadows 0 0 1 true 0 repeat:x,y

And layer animations must be done manually at the moment. I will take a look if I can add support to animated layers in next version.

Peter_Snayde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi! Nice Plugin! Really great performance!
I have 1 Question:
Is there a way not to use a static filenames in plugin commands, but use something like: mapname_[some word]?
It will help co create parallel process, that will works for every map, instead of doing it for every map separately.

Peter_Snayde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And it's binding to screen position instead of map. Even if I'm setting: layer 2 filename * * 1 true 255 repeat:x,y - it bind's picture to map at position of screen.

I've tried:
layer 2 filename * * 1 true 255 repeat:none - result were same. Even on clear new project.

All, that I changed from basic parameters - is screen resolution (I've set 1920x1080)

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Nice Plugin! Really great performance!
I have 1 Question:
Is there a way not to use a static filenames in plugin commands, but use something like: mapname_[some word]?
It will help co create parallel process, that will works for every map, instead of doing it for every map separately.
Thank you for the messages,

Can you be more specific for example how [some word] is supposed to work? Should it be replaced by mapId or maybe some meta tag in map note field?

And it's binding to screen position instead of map. Even if I'm setting: layer 2 filename * * 1 true 255 repeat:x,y - it bind's picture to map at position of screen.

I've tried:
layer 2 filename * * 1 true 255 repeat:none - result were same. Even on clear new project.

All, that I changed from basic parameters - is screen resolution (I've set 1920x1080)
Layer params are: z filename scrlx scrly opacity fix_to_map fade repeat
So value '255' won't fix layer to map it must be 'true'.

I'm planning to add layer templates to next version for easier configuration.

Peter_Snayde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Can you be more specific for example how [some word] is supposed to work? Should it be replaced by mapId or maybe some meta tag in map note field?
For example: I'll store map name to variable(var1), then I'll create conditional branch were in one case by plugin command I want to use var1_A picture, and in other var1_B picture by plugin command.

Also this plugin command doesn't work, if I'll try to run it with parallel process.

Layer params are: z filename scrlx scrly opacity fix_to_map fade repeat
So value '255' won't fix layer to map it must be 'true'.

I'm planning to add layer templates to next version for easier configuration.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but:
layer 2 filename * * 1 true 255 repeat:none
2 - is z param
filename - is filename
* - scrlx
* - scrly
1 - opacity
true - fix to map
255 - fade
repeat:none - as a repeat param

I did all as in your file instructions, could You please guide my, since I'm trying hard, to make it work, but my mistake is out of my sight.(((

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For example: I'll store map name to variable(var1), then I'll create conditional branch were in one case by plugin command I want to use var1_A picture, and in other var1_B picture by plugin command.

Also this plugin command doesn't work, if I'll try to run it with parallel process.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but:
layer 2 filename * * 1 true 255 repeat:none
2 - is z param
filename - is filename
* - scrlx
* - scrly
1 - opacity
true - fix to map
255 - fade
repeat:none - as a repeat param

I did all as in your file instructions, could You please guide my, since I'm trying hard, to make it work, but my mistake is out of my sight.(((
I have now tested this,

Issue seems to be repeat:none parameter. I will fix this to next version. Thank you for the report!

Edit: If repeat:x,y is used it will fix layer to map and I'll think about dynamic filenames to next version.

Peter_Snayde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have now tested this,

Issue seems to be repeat:none parameter. I will fix this to next version. Thank you for the report!

Edit: If repeat:x,y is used it will fix layer to map and I'll think about dynamic filenames to next version.
When with exact this command I used repeat:x,y - It flooded screen with solid color.
and when changed * * to 0 0 in scrlx scrly - it fixed picture to current screen position, which is strange, but I tried on clear project too, and result were same.
Glad, that my reports helping You to make it even better, and Thank Your great work!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also saw you with some video on your plugins how they work and all, is it possible to get that demo?
I would like to see how things are setted up through the events and how they work exacly.

Because it would for me easier to understand to browse the folders and events through the map :)
this also apply for light plugin, audio, weather etc thnx :)

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also saw you with some video on your plugins how they work and all, is it possible to get that demo?
I would like to see how things are setted up through the events and how they work exacly.

Because it would for me easier to understand to browse the folders and events through the map :)
this also apply for light plugin, audio, weather etc thnx :)

All of my time goes to supporting plugins (and creating new ones) so that demo is always 5 steps behind and always WIP. I have even tried to make small demos for each of my plugin, but same thing there - always something pops up and simply time runs out.

But I have NOT abandoned all hope what it comes to my "master demo". I had one schedule "this year", but I really don't know if I can manage to release it this year. I will post update to all of my plugin threads when demo is released.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would be nice (exclude the multiplayer one) which I dont need anyway, but het light plugins seems nice, but I dont know if you
have shadow thing like in khas plugin, or if it work together, if not, than I might use yours because it has some neat features
which comes in handy :)

idm if its an older version, because I think most applies to the newer version of the plugin? at least the bug fixes on them :)
but when there is amaster demo for all the plugins (through crystals or npc) than I definatly download how things works.
because I think I go with parallax so I got more ways on building houses. and some with grid as well :)

Anyway, Keep up the nice work on your plugins. :)

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have now started my next big plugin update project OcRam_Layers v2.00!

Estimated release date: End of November or early December.
(this is initial estimation and it might change - check this thread to get latest info)
  • New feature: Animated layers and sprites!
    This feature has been quite wanted - Now it shall be granted!
  • New feature: Scroll layer every x frame(s)
    Possibility to add really slow moving layer
  • New feature: Layer templates
    Tired to call always same parameters over and over again...?
  • zIndex 0 is now BELOW characters as it is ment to be
    Well... as said above
  • ...or zIndex 0 can be also ABOVE characters (and yes, also under tileset)
    Because... why not?
  • Totally new way to add sprites (compatibility++)
    Using base character sprite class should give much better compatibility with other plugins
  • Obsoleted layer parameter: "repeat"
    (use full screen sized image and set loop x/y to 0 to prevent tiling)
  • New layer parameter loop x/y
    (pixels to shift layer when player is moving on x/y directions)
  • New plugin command: set_layer_param
    Now you can modify any parameter from any layer!
  • Layer fade parameter 0 == 255 (0 would stay invisible forever)
    It would also eat some resources when updating opacity every frame forever...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources
Oh look, 12 more free Daz3D models. *adds them to his collection * Yes, the fools... Give it a few months and my collection will be crazy, all without paying a dime. I still have no idea if I'll ever learn the software, but hey... Just in case, these models are quite expensive. In two weeks, they've already given me almost $400 worth of free models. :LZSexcite:
Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saltfilter