kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I hope you come with something, cause for me, not be able to walk in front and behind (the same) object is a huge turn off about using this engine !!

EDIT:
I tried many thing, but I thing for now the only thing I can do about it, is to rethink the level design so that we cannot walk in front of an object where we can already walk behind !!
I think you should able to use it together with yanfly doodads to this your issue.

@OcRam I'm having weird issues with your plugin. For example I save a game, load that save and layer picture is gone. When I start a new game, the layer picture appears which shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I created a Cloud layer to fix to the map and pass by over the player. Works perfectly, I love it. However I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that these clouds are activated automatically with the weather plugin, so that I can have these clouds scroll when it turns to day time? I could do it using common events and parallels, but I hate doing that and try to not have anything run parallel more than once unless absolutely needed. Thanks in advance.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I created a Cloud layer to fix to the map and pass by over the player. Works perfectly, I love it. However I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that these clouds are activated automatically with the weather plugin, so that I can have these clouds scroll when it turns to day time? I could do it using common events and parallels, but I hate doing that and try to not have anything run parallel more than once unless absolutely needed. Thanks in advance.
Thank you for the message,

I would use following weather "plugin command":
layer 1 fog ${$gameVariables.value(day_phase_var_id) == 2 ? 0 : rndNz(-3,3);}! ${$gameVariables.value(day_phase_var_id) == 2 ? 0 : rndNz(-3,3);}! ${(power + 1) / 10;}! true 2

EDIT: This is just an example put you own parameters to it - point is checking day phase var

Last edited:

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam What about making it so that it only comes out when it's day time as well as not raining? I tried to put that plugin command that you gave me into the weather pool for clear weather, where it says "plugin commands" to see if maybe it would automatically activate it when the weather was clear. Is the only way to make this happen, to use common events to control when the clouds come out?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam What about making it so that it only comes out when it's day time as well as not raining? I tried to put that plugin command that you gave me into the weather pool for clear weather, where it says "plugin commands" to see if maybe it would automatically activate it when the weather was clear. Is the only way to make this happen, to use common events to control when the clouds come out?
Yes it's possible to accomplish w/o common events.

"I tried to put that plugin command that you gave me into the weather pool for clear weather" - Not sure if I understood this correctly. Screenshot would be nice.

Just create own weather for clouds (without rain command and with day var check) then it can't rain at the same time.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam Here is a screenshot of what I mean. Also it shows me trying to follow your previous instructions to create a cloud weather. I created a weather called "Clouds". What I meant by where I was putting the plugin command is what is shown in the screenshot. Is this where I need to put that plugin command? and if so I just need to configure it to my parameters and have it call upon the clouds picture file? Or am I doing this all wrong?

Attachments

TetMAke

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's a parallax plugin? or a complement for parallax plugins?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam Here is a screenshot of what I mean. Also it shows me trying to follow your previous instructions to create a cloud weather. I created a weather called "Clouds". What I meant by where I was putting the plugin command is what is shown in the screenshot. Is this where I need to put that plugin command? and if so I just need to configure it to my parameters and have it call upon the clouds picture file? Or am I doing this all wrong?

Yup that's the parameter I ment :)

And yes just put your own parameters like pic name, scroll speed, etc...

Choraß

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

your plugin got my interest because i want to try parallax mapping.
Just a quick question, is it possible to avoid a sprite cut if a large character sprite touch from below, the top side of a tree?

The treetop should be at a separated layer which priority is above the player but have this issue with a large sprite.
I think it's a known issue about this problem with large sprites and parallax mapping but i can't find a good solution for this.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

your plugin got my interest because i want to try parallax mapping.
Just a quick question, is it possible to avoid a sprite cut if a large character sprite touch from below, the top side of a tree?

The treetop should be at a separated layer which priority is above the player but have this issue with a large sprite.
I think it's a known issue about this problem with large sprites and parallax mapping but i can't find a good solution for this.

I have solved this by creating trees as 'characters'.

In future (don't know schedule yet) I might add feature for this plugin where sprites on same level will check Y coordinate also. I think that would also solve that problem.

Sweeties

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello OcRam,
Your plugin sounds very good :biggrin::cool:

But I have a few questions about it ...
1. When i set "Use only parallax mapping" and i set a normal Picture, is the Picture a Layer and under the Tileset? (i hope it is so^^)
2. I can set the x/y value ... but can I set a scaling in % or a variable?
3. Can i set the x/y value in var?

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello OcRam,
Your plugin sounds very good :biggrin::cool:

But I have a few questions about it ...
1. When i set "Use only parallax mapping" and i set a normal Picture, is the Picture a Layer and under the Tileset? (i hope it is so^^)
2. I can set the x/y value ... but can I set a scaling in % or a variable?
3. Can i set the x/y value in var?

You can adjust where any layer is positioned via plugin parameters (Layer zIndexes).

Variables can be used only in image names ATM.

Last edited:

Sweeties

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You adjust where any layer is positioned via plugin parameters (Layer zIndexes).
I know, but i want to change the size of the Layer^^

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know, but i want to change the size of the Layer^^
You need to change picture size in picture editing program (PhotoShop etc...). Can't do it with this plugin.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest version - v2.01 (released 2020/03/14)
  • OcRam core v1.04 (requirement for all of my latest plugins)
    ...And prepares this plugin for OcRam demo project

• Sprite alignment bugs fixed

• Added compatibility with OcRam_Passages (v4.06)!

deadyfinger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this amazing plugin @OcRam.
Does this plugin have any "Offset" command?
I'd like to set X or(and) Y value offset the parallax image for some reason.
If I didn't catch any offset function or similar that is already built-in your plug-in, please correct me.

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Introduction:
I have tried to make this plugin as light-weighted as possible. You have 3 layers to play around with auto-fading, transparency and possibility to scroll (horizontal/vertical/both) and/or bind layer to map or screen. In addition you get possibility to add sprites to 3 different map bound layers!

Why not more layers? To have more layers on screen might get really messy (some times even these layers are too much!). In addition small fixed size of layer array gives more processing speed to other tasks.

This plugin is not new one and I have used it only for my own projects (made some commenting and re-typed some plugin parameters). I thought that it's time to kick-off this plugin to the big big world. I hope you enjoy it as I have! :kaoluv:

Here's what you need:
1. This plugin
2. Add graphics to correct folders (specified in plugin params)
3. Use plugin commands / JS to show layers in game!

Latest version - v2.01 (released 2020/03/14)
  • OcRam core v1.04 (requirement for all of my latest plugins)
    ...And prepares this plugin for OcRam demo project

• Sprite alignment bugs fixed

• Added compatibility with OcRam_Passages (v4.06)!

Previous versions...
  • New feature: Layer templates
  • New plugin parameters: Custom Z-index for each layer!
  • Sprites and layers will persist through save and load!
  • New feature: Animated layers AND sprites! (Credits to: Liandra Aura, Brellelasouls)
  • New feature: Scroll every x frame(s) (Credits to: Nekohime1989)
  • Obsoleted layer param: "repeat" (Credits to: Elsa, RitualTeeth for pointing out issues with repeat parameter messing up "fix to map" parameter)
  • New layer parameter loop x/y
  • Smart battle layers!
  • Dynamic layer image names (Credits to: Peter_Snayde for the idea!)
  • Totally new way to add sprites (Credits to: Leon Artman for reporting compatibility issues)
  • New plugin command: clear_sprites
  • New plugin command: set_layer (to modify existing layer)
  • Layer fade parameter 0 == Your default fade time
  • + several bugs are found and fixed
  • + even more performance optimizations
  • And thank you to all who has messaged me or this thread!
IMPORTANT! Disable any layers that you do not want to inherit to battle scene! But you might want to inherit for example your fog/sunray layers to battle screen.

You also might to want set ON parameter "Use only parallax mapping", if tile mapping is not used.
View attachment 113685

Just add BACKGROUND parallax as you would normally (!file_name):
View attachment 113684

Add new tileset and load above tileset image to A5 section
Type <parallax> to tileset note -field (this will force parallax optimization if it is not in use for all tilesets).
Define passabilities, bushes, ladders, counters, damage floors etc...
Save tileset and start using it! :)

Example:
View attachment 113680

Closer look at 4-dir passabilities:
View attachment 113681

Donation pricing model is no longer allowed on these forums (because it's not legal in some countries). That is the only reason I have to change my pricing model to paid-commercial-use. I really would have liked it to keep it old way, but law is law.

If you have downloaded this plugin before this change to Terms of Use, you are free to follow those terms. And if you download current version please follow latest Terms of Use.

Terms of Use
Non-commercial: Free to use with credits to 'OcRam' for using this plugin.
Commercial use: See details below
License must be obtained BEFORE you start to DISTRIBUTE your game. Even if you obtain commercial license; copyrights still remain as they are. NOTE: If you gain money with your game by any means (crypto-mining, ads, purchase incomes, micro-transactions etc...) it is considered commercial use of this plugin!

License types (licenses are per project):
  • Standard: 4.99 EUR - Paid in full (credits to ”OcRam” is required for using this plugin)
  • No credits: 39.99 EUR - Paid in full (credits not required)
To obtain license:
Mention which plugin license you want to purchase and your project name.
PayPal link: https://paypal.me/MarkoPaakkunainen

To obtain several licenses with discount: Each license purchased will reduce next plugin price by 2€ until minimum price of 2€ per license. Discounts can be used on any OcRam -plugin.

After payment: I will send you verification e-mail that you may use this plugin commercially in project: [Your_project_name_here] with [license_type].

I must say, this is truly awesome. I have no idea how much time you invested in doing so. Just saw your demo and it looks like everything runs smoothly. I'm kinda afraid of using parallax mapping because of loading time and the lag i had back in VX Ace.

Anyway, great work. There's a lot to absorb to use your plugin correctly but it seems one of the best out here.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this amazing plugin @OcRam.
Does this plugin have any "Offset" command?
I'd like to set X or(and) Y value offset the parallax image for some reason.
If I didn't catch any offset function or similar that is already built-in your plug-in, please correct me.
Thank you for the idea! I will implement this feature to next version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.
Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.
Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isabelx10