belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah sorry, I figured it out. Your plugin is amazing, and I'm trying my best to understand it.
I've read the help section multiple times but until now I've only used simple lights systems, yours looks very complete, and I'm sure I can achieve great things with it.

Sorry to bother you with another question but I think I understand your plugin command tints the entire screen with an absolute value rather than a relative one, but is there a workaround for overlays ? My fogs and overlays gets tinted too and I went from this :

To this :

Hi !

I'm still stuck with this issue, and while searching for a solution I have a suggestion

Do you have any plans to implement light overlays in your plugin ?

Say we could use monochromatic images like these :

lights.png

And we could use the white part as a light overlay using the same tinting process as your plugin. That would solve the light overlay getting tinted along with the screen. Would that be possible ? I don't know

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi !

I'm still stuck with this issue, and while searching for a solution I have a suggestion

Do you have any plans to implement light overlays in your plugin ?

Say we could use monochromatic images like these :

View attachment 164566

And we could use the white part as a light overlay using the same tinting process as your plugin. That would solve the light overlay getting tinted along with the screen. Would that be possible ? I don't know
Thank you for the message,

How do you draw that overlay at the moment?

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV

How do you draw that overlay at the moment?
I'm using Victor Engine's Fog & Overlay plugin. The plugin lets me set the depth of the overlay (from "above parallaxes" to "above animations". But even if I set my overlay depth tp 0 (above animations) the Light Layer is on top of that, resulting in what you see

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using Victor Engine's Fog & Overlay plugin. The plugin lets me set the depth of the overlay (from "above parallaxes" to "above animations". But even if I set my overlay depth tp 0 (above animations) the Light Layer is on top of that, resulting in what you see
I used engines own "Show picture" command and it was looking really good. Didn't mess any original colors I had.

Blend mode "Additive" is crucial for this also changed opacity and then tinted it to desired color.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded this big project with all scripts by OcRam but it unfortunetly it still dosent help becouse Im interesing only on lighting system but in this demo it dosent work without time system and I don't now how to delate that. I think better will if every script will by on one map with full view of possibilites. Anyonehave some demo only with lighting system?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I downloaded this big project with all scripts by OcRam but it unfortunetly it still dosent help becouse Im interesing only on lighting system but in this demo it dosent work without time system and I don't now how to delate that. I think better will if every script will by on one map with full view of possibilites. Anyonehave some demo only with lighting system?

There is "Cellar" map in demo project which doesn't care about Time_System. 1st thing is to set light_bg without it lights won't show up (since it's kind of day time and you can't see lights at day light).

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just installed this plugin, please bear with me as I'm learning how it works and will probably have lots of noob questions.

Is there a way to set a default indoor light instead of having an event for each indoor map that calls Plugin Command: light_bg #333541? Reasons I'm asking are:

1- Every interior in my game will be very dark (almost pitch black) and I'd prefer not having to call an event every time a player transition to an indoor map.

2- I have a lot of transfer player event inside the same indoor map. Going from main floor of an inn to its basement for instance, will transfer the player after they open the door. It seems that transferring the player resets the bg_light, so I have to have a Plugin Command on every door... this is going to be a bit tedious, but not impossible.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used engines own "Show picture" command and it was looking really good. Didn't mess any original colors I had.

Blend mode "Additive" is crucial for this also changed opacity and then tinted it to desired color.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm more active on discord than on the forums. I managed to make it work using your advice and some GIMP filters, thank you.

I came back here for another reason though. I discovered something odd while making my game. It looks like your plugin keeps light data from the previous save when starting a new game.

To make it short, I am testing a sewer map, started a new game, spawned outside the sewer (forest, daylight), I died in the sewer, so I started a new game again, and the forest was dark, like if I were in the sewer
I could reproduce the bug in your demo project by starting a project, changing the lights (e.g pulsating light player), returning to Title and start a new game again.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the late reply. I'm more active on discord than on the forums. I managed to make it work using your advice and some GIMP filters, thank you.

I came back here for another reason though. I discovered something odd while making my game. It looks like your plugin keeps light data from the previous save when starting a new game.

I could reproduce the bug in your demo project by starting a project, changing the lights (e.g pulsating light player), returning to Title and start a new game again.
Thank you for the report!

Issue you described has been now fixed in OcRam_Lights v2.14 (resets player and follower light data properly after game over, goto title etc...)

I've just installed this plugin, please bear with me as I'm learning how it works and will probably have lots of noob questions.

Is there a way to set a default indoor light instead of having an event for each indoor map that calls Plugin Command: light_bg #333541? Reasons I'm asking are:

1- Every interior in my game will be very dark (almost pitch black) and I'd prefer not having to call an event every time a player transition to an indoor map.

2- I have a lot of transfer player event inside the same indoor map. Going from main floor of an inn to its basement for instance, will transfer the player after they open the door. It seems that transferring the player resets the bg_light, so I have to have a Plugin Command on every door... this is going to be a bit tedious, but not impossible.

Thanks in advance!
@Moon_Haven this is a good idea! I will add this to my todo list.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tranphong