daisy_le_nerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There seems to be a bug in the IsPlayerInLightRadius function: Change Math.ceil to Math.floor.
I posted about this previously: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ocram-lights-plugin-for-mv.108614/post-1186342

Also if you move the light source using a "light-ex" comment, that doesn't appear to be taken into account when running IsPlayerInLightRadius. That could also be triggering an alert when in darkness or conversely not triggering when lit since the light radius is different to the visible light.
i tried that, changed every case of Math.ceil to Math.floor when in relation to IsPlayerInLightRadius and its still broken

swordsvswords

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi, your plugin is awesome, but when I open your website https://ocram-codes.net/ to download it, the web can't be opened.

Edit: It can be opened now, thx. Already opened the demo and I can say, the scenery is very beautifull!

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i tried that, changed every case of Math.ceil to Math.floor when in relation to IsPlayerInLightRadius and its still broken
Thank you for the message,

I have floored light radius in link below (instead of Math.ceil).

Here's result: https://ocram-codes.net/vids/InLightRadius.mp4

Is that close enough? (I will add it to next update if it is and give you credits). (But it doesn't yet support "light-ex" rotation and angle - since all checks are character direction based)

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Ocram!
I have a short memory, but did I write you about my wish of getting your lights plugin to work with mv3d since at the moment the light source moves all around the screen when moving the player.
Also the event lights moves around as your turn or move your player.
Is it possible to make the lights in one place and also to be hidden behind various 3d models when they are in the way?

My hopes are up <3

daisy_le_nerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the message,

I have floored light radius in link below (instead of Math.ceil).

Here's result: https://ocram-codes.net/vids/InLightRadius.mp4

Is that close enough? (I will add it to next update if it is and give you credits). (But it doesn't yet support "light-ex" rotation and angle - since all checks are character direction based)
thanks for replying, yeah looks exactly like what i want for my game! will you release the update soon?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
thanks for replying, yeah looks exactly like what i want for my game! will you release the update soon?
I hope to release it next week otherwise it will go to august :/

Hello Ocram!
I have a short memory, but did I write you about my wish of getting your lights plugin to work with mv3d since at the moment the light source moves all around the screen when moving the player.
Also the event lights moves around as your turn or move your player.
Is it possible to make the lights in one place and also to be hidden behind various 3d models when they are in the way?

My hopes are up <3
We were talking about player light fixing center of screen always, but had no talk about events nor lights behind 3d models.

Fixing player light to center would be easy one, but events (and not to mention about ray tracing (3d models before light source) is something I'm not doing anywhere in near future.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delisyabakery