Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

You need to use "light_bg" command (see help section for more information) to darken environment bg light then you can use <light...> tags.
Yeah sorry, I figured it out. Your plugin is amazing, and I'm trying my best to understand it.
I've read the help section multiple times but until now I've only used simple lights systems, yours looks very complete, and I'm sure I can achieve great things with it.

Sorry to bother you with another question but I think I understand your plugin command tints the entire screen with an absolute value rather than a relative one, but is there a workaround for overlays ? My fogs and overlays gets tinted too and I went from this :
1588001794483.png

To this :

1588002182247.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah sorry, I figured it out. Your plugin is amazing, and I'm trying my best to understand it.
I've read the help section multiple times but until now I've only used simple lights systems, yours looks very complete, and I'm sure I can achieve great things with it.

Sorry to bother you with another question but I think I understand your plugin command tints the entire screen with an absolute value rather than a relative one, but is there a workaround for overlays ? My fogs and overlays gets tinted too and I went from this :

To this :

Thank you for the message,

I'll check what I can do about that - But light layer must be whole screen (light sources will 'burn' holes to this layer) and only BG parameters you can fiddle is color and opacity.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I receive this error upon trying to make use of this, what's wrong?

Attachments

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issue @Tuomo L and a plugin was conflicting. The plugins I'm using causing the issue are ICFSoft_MainUtility and ICFSoft_ParamsCore to get different parameters outside of the "standard". When they are off, it works and when they are on, it doesn't. I think it has to do something with how the utility plugin works as an SDK with some weird code.

@OcRam, would it be possible to make it compatible, or even in the future make a plugin that allows custom parameters? (I have a shield block and accuracy that is not a percent). I'd be happy to discuss further via DM.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issue @Tuomo L and a plugin was conflicting. The plugins I'm using causing the issue are ICFSoft_MainUtility and ICFSoft_ParamsCore to get different parameters outside of the "standard". When they are off, it works and when they are on, it doesn't. I think it has to do something with how the utility plugin works as an SDK with some weird code.

@OcRam, would it be possible to make it compatible, or even in the future make a plugin that allows custom parameters? (I have a shield block and accuracy that is not a percent). I'd be happy to discuss further via DM.
Thank you for the messages,

Very often conflicting plugins can be fixed with correct plugin order. Usually plugins with destructive declarations should be on the top and non-destructive plugins (using "aliases" to call original methods) should be at bottom.

If you got lot of different plugins it can be hard to get them work together perfectly.

Also I would like to have links to the plugins that are causing problems that I can check them.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Very often conflicting plugins can be fixed with correct plugin order. Usually plugins with destructive declarations should be on the top and non-destructive plugins (using "aliases" to call original methods) should be at bottom.

If you got lot of different plugins it can be hard to get them work together perfectly.

Also I would like to have links to the plugins that are causing problems that I can check them.
When I get to my laptop later today, I’ll send the links. My apologies for not getting them initially. Thanks much for looking into it.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam here are the links to the plugins. I have a suspicion that it's the Main Utility plugin that's the culprit. I rearranged my plugin list a few different ways and still had the same issue.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam here are the links to the plugins. I have a suspicion that it's the Main Utility plugin that's the culprit. I rearranged my plugin list a few different ways and still had the same issue.

Hello,

I took a look at these plugins and it seems it alters notetags and obj._lightData is removed when my updateLights function is called.

I'll let you know if I find work-around for this.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest version - v2.05 (released 2020/05/11)

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Often it's an order problem. I had it with Yanfly's MiniEventLabel. Also, Ocram's passages does not work if placed below Yanfly's RegionRestriction.

So try moving them around :)

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam spot on once again. The update works perfectly and I can keep my current plugin order.

rohzek

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgive me if I'm missing something in the documents or thread, but how exactly would I go about giving the player a flashlight effect?

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

Is it possible to give to the player the ex effects lights?
Also, how can i check if an event or the player is within the radius of the light?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgive me if I'm missing something in the documents or thread, but how exactly would I go about giving the player a flashlight effect?
@OcRam

Is it possible to give to the player the ex effects lights?
Also, how can i check if an event or the player is within the radius of the light?

At the moment it's only doable via plugin parameters. But I will add light_player_ex plugin command to next version to adjust player ex params in-game!

And I will add JS call to player, follower and event objects call would be something like this:
$gamePlayer.getObjectsInLightRadius() - this would return array of all objects in radius.

Edit: I also add isPlayerInLightRadius() for all Game_Events. Usage would be something like this:
this.event().isPlayerInLightRadius(); // if called from event scope
-or-

$gameMap.events()[x].isPlayerInLightRadius(); // if called outside event scope

Last edited:

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your quick message, Ocram.

$gamePlayer.getObjectsInLightRadius() - that's a really good idea. With it you can create inflammable objects set on fire if some source of light is nearby.

DesVerides

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I had a similar error to Tuomo, so I decided to start a new project to see if I can isolate which plugin is giving me issues, but even as the only plugin I am having the "Cannot read property 'r' of null" Type error.

Could I possibly have missed something when implementing the script? I'm currently trying to test the script by using the plugin command:
Code:
light_bg #ffaa80ff 12
Sorry if this ends up being a silly question, I'm still getting the hang of plugins like this.

Thanks!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I had a similar error to Tuomo, so I decided to start a new project to see if I can isolate which plugin is giving me issues, but even as the only plugin I am having the "Cannot read property 'r' of null" Type error.

Could I possibly have missed something when implementing the script? I'm currently trying to test the script by using the plugin command:
Code:
light_bg #ffaa80ff 12
Sorry if this ends up being a silly question, I'm still getting the hang of plugins like this.

Thanks!
Thank you for the report,

I need console screen shot (to get console press F8 or F12) to debug this issue. And is your RMMV version older than 1.6?

DesVerides

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the report,

I need console screen shot (to get console press F8 or F12) to debug this issue. And is your RMMV version older than 1.6?
Thanks for the reply!

I am currently using 1.6.2, and here is the console that came up when pressing that hotkey during the error message:
lightsconsole.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz