Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After getting some time to use the plugin, I've got an update suggestion, that could be neat.

Perhaps there could be a configurable area for a handful of preset light codes in the plugin config. Then, you could use a comment along the lines of <preset:1> to load the light tag of preset 1. I mostly recommend this so that, if someone were to later decide to edit a commonly used light (such as torches or lamp posts), that they wouldn't have to hunt for and edit dozens of events.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After getting some time to use the plugin, I've got an update suggestion, that could be neat.

Perhaps there could be a configurable area for a handful of preset light codes in the plugin config. Then, you could use a comment along the lines of <preset:1> to load the light tag of preset 1. I mostly recommend this so that, if someone were to later decide to edit a commonly used light (such as torches or lamp posts), that they wouldn't have to hunt for and edit dozens of events.
Thank you for the idea!

I will add this feature in next version of this plugin.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam is there now a light blockade for walls? ^^ I asked about it a while ago. :) Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in the current version either. Do you still plan to bring that in?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam is there now a light blockade for walls? ^^ I asked about it a while ago. :) Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in the current version either. Do you still plan to bring that in?
Thank you for the message,

I answered then: "Shadows are not in next version. Still figuring how I do it with minimal performance impact."

Now I answer:
With out WebGL calculating shadows for each (moving) event is really slow (you need to calculate them in every frame before light source is drawn). I like to keep this as light-weighted as possible.

But I have not abandoned all hope what it comes to real-time shadows ;)

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I answered then: "Shadows are not in next version. Still figuring how I do it with minimal performance impact."

Now I answer:
With out WebGL calculating shadows for each (moving) event is really slow (you need to calculate them in every frame before light source is drawn). I like to keep this as light-weighted as possible.

But I have not abandoned all hope what it comes to real-time shadows ;)
To be Continued xD

I think it's great that you put so much emphasis on performance and I really can only hope that you will find a solution despite the hard difficulty :)

Last edited:

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah sorry, I figured it out. Your plugin is amazing, and I'm trying my best to understand it.
I've read the help section multiple times but until now I've only used simple lights systems, yours looks very complete, and I'm sure I can achieve great things with it.

Sorry to bother you with another question but I think I understand your plugin command tints the entire screen with an absolute value rather than a relative one, but is there a workaround for overlays ? My fogs and overlays gets tinted too and I went from this :

To this :

Any news on this ?

Also, is it possible to use your plugin during daytime ? (when light_bg equals #ffffff)

Like this :

1593550704458.png

I want to use the terrain tag attribute to make this slab glow but I cant if it's day time.
(I'm using another plugin to demonstrate what I want to achieve)

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any news on this ?

Also, is it possible to use your plugin during daytime ? (when light_bg equals #ffffff)

Like this :

View attachment 149619

I want to use the terrain tag attribute to make this slab glow but I cant if it's day time.
(I'm using another plugin to demonstrate what I want to achieve)
You'll have to change the default daytime color to something else for the lights to show. I used a very light grey for my daytime tint. You can use a hex color selector online to find an off-white color you like.

user3k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @OcRam

In my project, the chars turn up yellow, but in your demo they are normal. I updated the libs folder with my project folder (I made a new project), and in your project the chars turned yellow. How to solve?

tnks

Attachments

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @OcRam

In my project, the chars turn up yellow, but in your demo they are normal. I updated the libs folder with my project folder (I made a new project), and in your project the chars turned yellow. How to solve?

tnks

Seems like you got yellow tint or light color hex is yellow.

To solve this use no tint and light source color #ffffffff

user3k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Seems like you got yellow tint or light color hex is yellow.

To solve this use no tint and light source color #ffffffff

I've changed the plugin settings 'other settings -> battle/player data -> color' and changed to #ffffffff and it worked, thank you.

But in the battle, the 'cone' of the light appear wrong, showing herself in the middle of the screen. How can i solve, so that they appear in the middle of the screen (picture attached)?

Btw, I've found a bug in the demo: in the Battle Light event, when I choose 'ALARM!', I got an error.
And in the plugin, 'other settings -> battle data', when I change the degree, I got an error too.

Attachments

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've changed the plugin settings 'other settings -> battle/player data -> color' and changed to #ffffffff and it worked, thank you.

But in the battle, the 'cone' of the light appear wrong, showing herself in the middle of the screen. How can i solve, so that they appear in the middle of the screen (picture attached)?

Btw, I've found a bug in the demo: in the Battle Light event, when I choose 'ALARM!', I got an error.
And in the plugin, 'other settings -> battle data', when I change the degree, I got an error too.

There is Offset X parameter which allows you to adjust x position for light sources. Note: Battle light "Right light source" will invert offset x parameter.

There was a bug in battle light plugin command and it is now fixed and ready for downloads!

Latest version is now v2.10

I will update demo project in next few weeks. To fix some weather, audio and light bugs. All plugins are always updated and uploaded ASAP.

user3k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @OcRam

After some tests, I changed the offset value to 400 and it worked.

This is something that is 'default' in the plugin? I dont know if is because I copied the plugin from the demo, and the problems affect only me, but I think this options should be default (color #ffffffff and x offset).

I know there is instructions in the plugin (and the demo is for all your pulgins), but I missed some noobie friendly instructions, like some area with a npc showing the commands (ex: for changing the light in the map, use the plugin command light_bg #303040ff 0, and showing the effect - also telling to use the plugin command to change the bg color before using the command to show the light for the player/follower). The 'all' area is a bit confuse for me, at least in the beginning.

Thanks for your work in the plugin and your help.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll have to change the default daytime color to something else for the lights to show. I used a very light grey for my daytime tint. You can use a hex color selector online to find an off-white color you like.
I did everything, I even downloaded the demo project from @OcRam website but I really can't figure out.

How to make lights visible in daytime ? :kaoeh:

People tell me to change abient color, or to modify the daytimecolor, but it seems that it's not enough

Even in the demo project, lights doesn't work in daytime...Am I really missing something obvious ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.
Yay! My new Doomsday machine..... er... "Heroic" machine is ready!
//pushes button :LZSexcite:
Uh oh what's that rumbling?!
// Game explodes :kaoback:
That's the fourth time this week! :kaolivid:
// Gets to work building next "Heroic" Machine. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavieLR