DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could I use this plugin with other battle systems?

"This plugin is compatible with all Yanfly battle -plugins: dtb = Default Turn Battle, atb = Active Turn Battle, ctb = Charge Turn Battle and stb = Standard Turn Battle.

This plugin is compatible also with "OcRam_Passages", "Ellye_ATB", "VE_DiagonalMovement" and "Timed Attack" from "SumRndmDde"
"

Hope that helps.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could I use this plugin with other battle systems?
Thank you for the message,

I have stated supported battle systems on opening post of this thread. But you can always test other battle systems if they work or not.

EDIT: Didn't see this was already answered :)

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

I noticed that there is a bit of lag between ending an event and the ability to activate the event again for player 2.
If p1 clicks an event it is triggered, and if clicked again, it is triggered again immediately. if p2 clicks an event, it is triggered, when the event ends if p2 clicks the event again nothing happens. It seems like there is a period of time between the event ending and p2's ability to interact with the event again. Depending on how fast you click ok after the event ends, depends on how many clicks it takes, which is why I think there is a period of inability to interact and not a number of clicks before it registers again.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam

I noticed that there is a bit of lag between ending an event and the ability to activate the event again for player 2.
If p1 clicks an event it is triggered, and if clicked again, it is triggered again immediately. if p2 clicks an event, it is triggered, when the event ends if p2 clicks the event again nothing happens. It seems like there is a period of time between the event ending and p2's ability to interact with the event again. Depending on how fast you click ok after the event ends, depends on how many clicks it takes, which is why I think there is a period of inability to interact and not a number of clicks before it registers again.

To avoid some bugs (related to P2-3 controllers) there's 100 ms timeout and 1000 ms cooldown to avoid event triggering right after last 'ok'. So: If I remove timeouts there's problems with controllers and worst-case scenario you are stuck at this event.

There's not much I can do about it ATM.

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Understandable! thanks for the information~

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Latest release - v3.03 (released 2020/02/23)
  • OcRam core v1.03 - Will be embedded in all of my plugins
  • Fixed some bugs if party/db had less than 4 actors (Credits to: @wolftail )
  • Fixed F9 bug with YEP debug menu (Credits: @DeadlyEssence01 )

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Latest release - v3.04 (released 2020/03/14)
  • OcRam core v1.04 (requirement for all of my latest plugins)
    ...And prepares this plugin for OcRam demo project

• Toggle actor now works better while moving...

• Keyboard2 works again

Sed808

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the great plugin!

I'm trying to make a scene where characters controlled by players are talking sitting by the campfire.
So I have a question: is it possible to show choices for different players one after another in one autorun event?
like a scripted dialogue where I can show choices for p1 first and then controls go to p2 and it shows choices for him?
I've tried to do it via swap_players but it somehow made it so both players had an access to choice selection

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the great plugin!

I'm trying to make a scene where characters controlled by players are talking sitting by the campfire.
So I have a question: is it possible to show choices for different players one after another in one autorun event?
like a scripted dialogue where I can show choices for p1 first and then controls go to p2 and it shows choices for him?
I've tried to do it via swap_players but it somehow made it so both players had an access to choice selection

I will add setPlayerInTurn() -functionality in next version of this plugin. Then you can switch players dynamically in the middle of event.

Sed808

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, that would be awesome!

SoulOfRock

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, you plugin is awesome,and i love the Default Turn Battle style of rpg maker mv you leave, can i ask, you have think about a splitscreen posivility ? >n< that would be awesome!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, you plugin is awesome,and i love the Default Turn Battle style of rpg maker mv you leave, can i ask, you have think about a splitscreen posivility ? >n< that would be awesome!

Sorry to say, but I have no plans for split screen feature at the moment. But if such feature is done I will make sure to post it here ;p

Latest release - v3.05 (released 2020/05/02)
  • You may now switch player in middle of event! (Credits to @Sed808 )
    New plugin command: set_player_in_turn X
    New JS call: OcRam.Local_Coop.setPlayerInTurn(X)
    X = Player in turn (1-4)

SoulOfRock

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses

Sorry to say, but I have no plans for split screen feature at the moment. But if such feature is done I will make sure to post it here ;p

Latest release - v3.05 (released 2020/05/02)
  • You may now switch player in middle of event! (Credits to @Sed808 )
    New plugin command: set_player_in_turn X
    New JS call: OcRam.Local_Coop.setPlayerInTurn(X)
    X = Player in turn (1-4)
>n< ok thanks!

CorpseFather

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, i'm trying to figure out how to use this part of your script:

New script commands: $gameMap.focusToNextActor() and $gameMap.focusToPreviousActor()
Use it to toggle camera focus between actors (Lost Vikings style)

Any chance you could explain a little bit more of that for me please?

Like to make it switch between people, im kinda confused on how it works. for puzzles mainly

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
Quick question, When you control Player 2: End enemies on map are in "event touch" they don't activate on P2, P3 or P4. That breaks some stuff because then they can block enemies so that P1 can walk free. Do you understand what I mean?
Is it possible to make events activate when event touch is on and touching P2, P3, and P4?

Thanks for a cool plugin.
(And I think I have read it somewhere but forgot how to put a balloon on P2, P3 or P4?

Have a great weekend!
//Sloppy Joe Studios
Map013.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
Quick question, When you control Player 2: End enemies on map are in "event touch" they don't activate on P2, P3 or P4. That breaks some stuff because then they can block enemies so that P1 can walk free. Do you understand what I mean?
Is it possible to make events activate when event touch is on and touching P2, P3, and P4?

Thanks for a cool plugin.
(And I think I have read it somewhere but forgot how to put a balloon on P2, P3 or P4?

Have a great weekend!
//Sloppy Joe Studios
View attachment 181808

I'll check this after I've released OcRam -plugins mega-update for MZ during this weekend. Got time again next week for MV.

EDIT: Will be fixed in next version. If you want quick fix: You must override Game_Event.checkEventTriggerTouch for event to trigger when touched player controlled followers. Search for "RMMV core - Overrides" and place code snippet below that comment.
Code:
    Game_Event.prototype.checkEventTriggerTouch = function (x, y) {
        if (!$gameMap.isEventRunning()) {
            if (this._trigger === 2) {
                if ($gamePlayer.pos(x, y)) {
                    if (!this.isJumping()) {
                        this.start();
                    }
                } else {
                    const f = OcRam.followers().find(f => {
                        return f._deviceIndex_OC && f.pos(x, y);
                    }); if (f) this.start();
                }
            }
        }
    };

EDIT AGAIN: I have now released new version v3.07 where this is fixed!

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
Is it possible to use a conditional branch to check which of the actors an event is currently touching with an event set to trigger on touch?

like say, if you wanted each actor to take damage individually, even if the actor taking damage is standing somewhere and is currently not being controlled?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam
Is it possible to use a conditional branch to check which of the actors an event is currently touching with an event set to trigger on touch?

like say, if you wanted each actor to take damage individually, even if the actor taking damage is standing somewhere and is currently not being controlled?

$tempGamePlayer_OC variable holds event starter and it's follower if P2-4 started the event. You should be able to get actor based on that with following script:
Code:
$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex];

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
Thanks. I'm getting back into RPG maker (and this plugin) again after a break and can't seem to remember how I got stuff to work before.

I tried a conditional branch with the script call you gave me. But I can't get it to work for me.

I've tried to change both the part highlighted in orange and the part highlighted in green to an actor index number (0-4) but when I do I get an error msg. Am I'm missing something?

$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex];

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anrirck