Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam
Thanks. I'm getting back into RPG maker (and this plugin) again after a break and can't seem to remember how I got stuff to work before.

I tried a conditional branch with the script call you gave me. But I can't get it to work for me.

I've tried to change both the part highlighted in orange and the part highlighted in green to an actor index number (0-4) but when I do I get an error msg. Am I'm missing something?

$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex];
Hi,

Don't change anything it should work as it is.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, okay. Now I'm not following. Somehow I have to extract a value depending on which actor is, for example, stepping on the trap.

If I put this in a event then I'm not really sure what to do with it?

◆If:Script:$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex];

:Else

:End

[EDIT; For the record, I'm *very* bad with code. ]

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hm, okay. Now I'm not following. Somehow I have to extract a value depending on which actor is, for example, stepping on the trap.

If I put this in a event then I'm not really sure what to do with it?

◆If:Script:$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex];

[EDIT; For the record, I'm *very* bad with code. ]
Code:
if ($gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex]._actorId == 1) ...

Above if will return true if event has been started by actor id 1 else returns false

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your patience. Still... I can't seem to get it to work. :kaoswt: It's probably due to some typo in the script call. But I did try several variations (that seems logical) such as adding ";" to the end and keeping the parentheses or not. And it still doesn't work.

◆If:Script:$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex]._actorId == 1
◆Text:None, Window, Bottom
: :You're Harold!

: :You're NOT Harold.

Here's the console log for the error msg I'm getting btw:

ERROR.png

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your patience. Still... I can't seem to get it to work. :kaoswt: It's probably due to some typo in the script call. But I did try several variations (that seems logical) such as adding ";" to the end and keeping the parentheses or not. And it still doesn't work.

◆If:Script:$gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex]._actorId == 1
: :You're Harold!

: :You're NOT Harold.

Here's the console log for the error msg I'm getting btw:

View attachment 182548
That script is for P2-4 not for P1 since $tempGamePlayer_OC == null

$tempGamePlayer_OC will be replaced by P2-4 Game_Follower to "fool" events think that follower is player.

P1 is checked like this: $gameParty.battleMembers()[0]._actorId == 1

So following snippet should check ACTOR ID by ANY player, that triggered event:
Code:
($tempGamePlayer_OC ? $gameParty.battleMembers()[$tempGamePlayer_OC._memberIndex]._actorId : $gameParty.battleMembers()[0]._actorId) == 1

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
Thank you, that did fix it! Can't say I really understand the script snippet, but it does work. And in the end, I guess that's all that matter.

Say, is this a plugin you'll remake for MZ someday in the future as well? I'm still using MV myself but I guess we all will be switching over at some point.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam
Thank you, that did fix it! Can't say I really understand the script snippet, but it does work. And in the end, I guess that's all that matter.

Say, is this a plugin you'll remake for MZ someday in the future as well? I'm still using MV myself but I guess we all will be switching over at some point.
Thank you for the message,

1st It checks if temp object is set.

If it is set - then it must be follower and gets actor id based on that.

If it is not set just get actor id on party leader (P1)

And what what it comes to future plans for this plugin:

I have grand plans for this plugin it will feel even more integrated to core engine than MV version. For example events will apply all "player" related commands AUTOMATICALLY for the player who started the event so it's A LOT less manual work for MZ. Also party is divided (visually) amongst all players.

Currently strugling with compatibility issues with other plugins (my own + Visu)... But OcRam_Followers -plugin is giving the worst headache...

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the clarification.

And the MZ port sounds very cool. Maybe it'll be out and "stable" about the same time I'm ready to move over to that engine, if so, I could make a sequel game in MZ. :kaojoy:

I have to say, even the MV version is by far the most amazing plugin I've seen. Who would've known we would be able to have local co-op in RPG maker when MV was first launched back in 2015.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies for the double post... (maybe it's okay since it's been close to a week?)

@OcRam
I just noticed what I think is a bug (although, it might be intended, I dunno).

What I realized was that if you remove a party member while "follower_follow no" is set, what happens is that the party member next in line will be instantly teleported to the x, y of the removed party member. Efficiently taking their place on the map. And if you have more than two party members then everyone seems to switch places with the next on, it's like a domino effect.

[EDIT: Since I discovered the above while experimenting with the possibility of on-map combat and allowing party members to die while walking around independently (Lost Vikings style), I might as well ask. Is there a way to immobilize or disallow the selection of a certain actor with a script call maybe?]

Last edited:

Seykken

Pixel Artist & Absurdist
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
Awesome Plugin, i'll definitely use it on my project!
Also, i would like to ask: there is any plans on adding simultaneous coop controls? For example if i wish to play my game with my friends all in the same time with same keyboard/gamepad, instead of controlling just one actor at a time?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Apologies for the double post... (maybe it's okay since it's been close to a week?)

@OcRam
I just noticed what I think is a bug (although, it might be intended, I dunno).

What I realized was that if you remove a party member while "follower_follow no" is set, what happens is that the party member next in line will be instantly teleported to the x, y of the removed party member. Efficiently taking their place on the map. And if you have more than two party members then everyone seems to switch places with the next on, it's like a domino effect.

[EDIT: Since I discovered the above while experimenting with the possibility of on-map combat and allowing party members to die while walking around independently (Lost Vikings style), I might as well ask. Is there a way to immobilize or disallow the selection of a certain actor with a script call maybe?]

If I understand this correctly removed party member shouldn't be replaced by next-in-line follower? This is how MV co-op is designed to work at the moment. But it is a good idea! (NOT to replace removed follower IF followers follow is set to 'false')

There is most certainly a script that prevents selection of certain actor, but I'm too busy at the moment to figure it out. Sorry!

Hello!
Awesome Plugin, i'll definitely use it on my project!
Also, i would like to ask: there is any plans on adding simultaneous coop controls? For example if i wish to play my game with my friends all in the same time with same keyboard/gamepad, instead of controlling just one actor at a time?

Actually simultaneous coop controls is the very idea of this plugin :p ...so I'm not sure what what you ment?

P1 can control via gamepad, mouse or keyboard
Keyboard can shared by 2 players (just be aware of "key ghosting")
Gamepads are for any player
And... All can use input all devices at the same time!

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
Hey, well I thought about it and it makes sense that it works like it works when you’re playing something like a normal Jrpg set up for 2p, like what the plugin was made to do. So in that sense, there is no problem.

When making something like a puzzle game where you can switch between each character (the feature you introduced in v.3.0), it makes less sense though.

If we take the puzzle in your demonstration video as an example. If removing a party member results in the other party members being teleported around the map (switching places), it’s not only confusing but it might make a puzzle like the one you made, where a certain character has to hit a certain switch, either too easy or impossible.

Like you said, to not replace the character if “followers follow” is set to “no”, seems like a good way to fix it.

And if you’re busy, no problem. It’s your plugin(s) you prioritize them however you want! Along with everything else in your life.

That being said, I’ll end this post with a wishlist for script calls I’d like to know, if/when you have the time in the future (I’ll keep tabs on this thread).

1) Script call to store a specific actor’s x / y location (on map) into a variable.

2) Script call for making the default character toggling skip a certain actor.

3) Script call for making the “approach player” A.I (move route) ignore a specific actor). Or, if not possible, then a script call to make an event only target a specific actor.

But again, no rush. Just putting it out there. :)

Seykken

Pixel Artist & Absurdist
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If I understand this correctly removed party member shouldn't be replaced by next-in-line follower? This is how MV co-op is designed to work at the moment. But it is a good idea! (NOT to replace removed follower IF followers follow is set to 'false')

There is most certainly a script that prevents selection of certain actor, but I'm too busy at the moment to figure it out. Sorry!

Actually simultaneous coop controls is the very idea of this plugin :p ...so I'm not sure what what you ment?

P1 can control via gamepad, mouse or keyboard
Keyboard can shared by 2 players (just be aware of "key ghosting")
Gamepads are for any player
And... All can use input all devices at the same time!
Oh my god xD
Thank you very much for the response, it's my fault, i didn't watched the video that you posted before trying to use the plugin, it works fine. I apologize for my lack of attention and thank you for the initiative for creating this plugin :)

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I purchase a lifetime license for any MV or MZ plugin you created, can it be used commercially on as many projects as I want or is it still limited to one release?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
License for lifetime is 3x base price of any license / bundle. Permission to use this type of license only in projects where you own most of it.
Else project license OR project owner lifetime license is required. ps. You can also buy lifetime license for everything bundle.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the information!

So I have 5 games I'd like to use the plugin with. If I buy the lifetime license for the "Local Coop plugin" for 60 Euros, I can use the plugin in all 5 games commercially?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the information!

So I have 5 games I'd like to use the plugin with. If I buy the lifetime license for the "Local Coop plugin" for 60 Euros, I can use the plugin in all 5 games commercially?
Yes.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Cool! And then if I make 5 more games after those release (for a total of 10 games), I can still use the Co-Op plugin in those new five games as well without an extra purchase of the plugin license?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool! And then if I make 5 more games after those release (for a total of 10 games), I can still use the Co-Op plugin in those new five games as well without an extra purchase of the plugin license?
Yep.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the information! I hope to purchase a lifetime license in the near future! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soryumi