OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest release - v3.01 (released 2019/11/07)
  • Jump command will listen to "followers_follow no" command
  • "Player collide" and "nearest player" functionality will apply for followers also if "followers_follow" is set to "no"
    This will give you the same feeling you would be playing in multiplayer mode even if you go solo
Thank you @Parallax Panda for reports and your time!

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

Splendid! You work so fast. I honestly didn't expect you to update right away but I'm glad you did. I'll download the newest version and keep testing it for my project :)

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

I downloaded your plugin, as it is fantastic, and when I tried to try out the battle system there seems to be a bug occurring with Yanfly's Charge Turn Battle plugin. I created a new project and only put battle core, ctb and your local coop plugin in it and when CTB was on it fails to differentiate which player's turn it is in battle. P1 automatically gets control of all of the battlers. But with CTB off, it works as it should. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Also, I was scrolling through replies, and it seems like followers can be split up between the players, is that right?

Thanks,

Martin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swe
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I just love your plugin! But one thing I must have missed, how do I set up the controllable characters on map?

When I try it out, the "real follower" just stands still, while controller 2 is moving a invisible character.
Can't wait to play around some more with this amazing plugin of yours and see what we can make! :D cheers!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

I downloaded your plugin, as it is fantastic, and when I tried to try out the battle system there seems to be a bug occurring with Yanfly's Charge Turn Battle plugin. I created a new project and only put battle core, ctb and your local coop plugin in it and when CTB was on it fails to differentiate which player's turn it is in battle. P1 automatically gets control of all of the battlers. But with CTB off, it works as it should. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Also, I was scrolling through replies, and it seems like followers can be split up between the players, is that right?

Thanks,
Thank you for the report,

Just checked this and indeed CTB isn't working like supposed anymore (must have been some update on YEP or in my plugin). I'll fix this in next version!

Hey, I just love your plugin! But one thing I must have missed, how do I set up the controllable characters on map?

When I try it out, the "real follower" just stands still, while controller 2 is moving a invisible character.
Can't wait to play around some more with this amazing plugin of yours and see what we can make! :D cheers!
Thank you for the message,

You shouldn't need to setup anything.

Or are you talking about "Lost Vikings" style co-op? I have made small tutorial video on it. This kind of setup is more advanced and it requires a lot of manual work.

Martin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swe
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok thank you! :) And I got it working, just adding another actor and making sure it was added to the party. Thank you for super plugin!

EDIT:

One more thing. Will it sometime support OcRam_Audio_EX? Player 2 is having some hearing issues. Do you know of a way to get sound from the joined players surroundings?

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok thank you! :) And I got it working, just adding another actor and making sure it was added to the party. Thank you for super plugin!

EDIT:

One more thing. Will it sometime support OcRam_Audio_EX? Player 2 is having some hearing issues. Do you know of a way to get sound from the joined players surroundings?

This is cool idea!

OcRam_Audio_EX is designed to position audio based on P1 at this moment. This is because if all audio sources would check all players position relative to this event it would take a lot of CPU time for audio handling (x4 if all players are present).

But if I manage to optimize audio handling for 4 players I'll let you know (can't promise anything).

@DeadlyEssence01 sorry forgot to answer your last questiion: "Also, I was scrolling through replies, and it seems like followers can be split up between the players, is that right?"

Followers will always follow $gamePlayer -object who ever it might be at the moment (via toggling feature).

EDIT:

Latest release - v3.02 (released 2019/11/27)
  • YEP_X_BattleSysCTB works again (Thank you @DeadlyEssence01 for report)
  • Toggle actor feature will also gather followers if they are too far away from current player

Last edited:

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam I know you're busy, so no rush and no pressure to oblige, I just wanted to drop the idea of allowing followers to be split up in the party. Yanfly's party system plugin allows for larger battle party and followers, so even if there were 4 players, there could be 2 party members (or so) per player. It could require followers be turned off, so that there wasn't a bunch of stuff going on, on the screen.

A mini-party system might be manageable based on a variable actors were assigned to. I suppose the mini-party manager could be left to the dev to manage (just making sure players could switch up what actors had what variable; 1-4 being player number), while the plugin itself just implemented a way to assign more actors to a player. For use in battle mainly. It would get complex if checking items and other things were considered on a mini-party basis - but I don't think that'd be too important to implement right from the start, or maybe even at all.

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey again,

It seems there may be a bug, or misunderstood how it works... the move player methods targeting the nearest player. When there are 2 players and p2 talks to an event that calls move player, the p1 is moved, regardless of their position to the event. I tested it in a new project to be sure.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey again,

It seems there may be a bug, or misunderstood how it works... the move player methods targeting the nearest player. When there are 2 players and p2 talks to an event that calls move player, the p1 is moved, regardless of their position to the event. I tested it in a new project to be sure.

Are you talking about apply_to_player or apply_to_follower plugin commands or something else?

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I'm starting to get confused, so I'm going to try to be clear.
On the front page you mentioned "Turn/move Toward/AwayFrom player methods overridden... these methods will now actually target nearest PLAYER!" So, movement routes, now target the nearest player, is my understanding.
So I set up a simple event: upload_2019-12-16_9-45-47.png

However, when I interact with it as p2, p1 is moved instead, which is what would happen normally, but doesn't sound like what should happen from your statement above.
Sorry for taking so much of your time! and thanks for all your help!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I'm starting to get confused, so I'm going to try to be clear.
On the front page you mentioned "Turn/move Toward/AwayFrom player methods overridden... these methods will now actually target nearest PLAYER!" So, movement routes, now target the nearest player, is my understanding.
So I set up a simple event: View attachment 129000

However, when I interact with it as p2, p1 is moved instead, which is what would happen normally, but doesn't sound like what should happen from your statement above.
Sorry for taking so much of your time! and thanks for all your help!
Also thank you for your time to write feedback!

Turn/Move Toward/Away player is different thing than move routes. To apply move routes to different follower/player you must use apply_to_player or apply_to_follower -plugin commands.

Turn/Move Toward/Away applies only to events that will target nearest player.

I hope this makes any sense :)

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
How do I access the debug menu with this plugin active? F9 became the add player button (by default) and I was using Yanfly's debug in the menu, but finding out that it does not display switches correctly, I need to access the built in debug menu...
Sorry for such a silly question.

Thanks!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Wow I discover this one, and just want to say!! Great job, continue to do your best this is something I wish I had more time to focus on a smaller project dedicated only to coop, fighting and make sure the game getter better when you play with a friend. :) I need to continue to think to all the possibility with that kind of plugin this is so awesome!! Don't give up on this one!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
How do I access the debug menu with this plugin active? F9 became the add player button (by default) and I was using Yanfly's debug in the menu, but finding out that it does not display switches correctly, I need to access the built in debug menu...
Sorry for such a silly question.

Thanks!
Thank you for the report!

I can confirm that F9 will join P2 (as shared keyboard) and don't have slightest clue why?

But I will fix this to next version :)

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for making this!

I have a commercial game, but im planning a spin-off game in the same series that will be free-to-play that uses this multiplayer plugin. Is that considered commercial use?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for making this!

I have a commercial game, but im planning a spin-off game in the same series that will be free-to-play that uses this multiplayer plugin. Is that considered commercial use?

I had great time to do this plugin and I'm so happy that it is used :)

If you don't get money with your spin-off game by any means (also includes in-game purchase option(s) for your other commercial game(s)) then Local_Coop is free to use and it doesn't matter if your other game is commercial.

Wish you happy RPG making!

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

I had great time to do this plugin and I'm so happy that it is used :)

If you don't get money with your spin-off game by any means (also includes in-game purchase option(s) for your other commercial game(s)) then Local_Coop is free to use and it doesn't matter if your other game is commercial.

Wish you happy RPG making!
Thanks a lot! I'll make the spinoff game free for now, and then once it gets a certain number of users, I'll make it commercial and then buy a license!

I would like to request another feature: Split Screen! I know that may require programming beyond your scope, but if it isn't, by all means please add it! thanks!

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could I use this plugin with other battle systems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkscythe25